Monday, March 7, 2011

Signs of Spring!

Gees, this week sure went fast.   One morning when I let Cinder out, I could hear a Robin singing but I couldn't see it.  Then another day we had 8 deer out in the back field,  second time I spotted them.  And, last night I saw a flock of Geese flying by...sure signs of spring!  All our college grand kids are talking spring break too.

 Last Sunday I saw a coyote (for the third time this winter) which makes me nervous about letting the dog outside.   
Opps, I think this is a pic of a fox.  I can't find the pic of the coyote.

With all the spring signs, I decided to take down my Snowman collection and my Dept 56 North Pole villages.  Time to move on to the next season...well we have to have St Patrick's day first.   I love to have a green carnation on the table so I'll have to pick one up during  my shopping trips.

Monday I had a pleasant surprise come in the mail.  I received a neck scarf from Afghanistan.  My friend, Gen has a granddaughter in the air force whom I have mailed cards and a package.  She surprised me with the scarf as a thank you.    It's black and white with paisley print, with  tied fringe ends. Gen's granddaughter is a helicopter pilot; while on the ground she must carry her rifle everywhere.  Like everyone else, I tell her to be cautious.  I called Gen to tell her that I wanted to show her something, could I come over.  She is older and house bound.  So I picked up two coffees and two Boston Creams at Tim Horton's and went to visit with her.

Tuesday's highlight was making a fleece tie blanket while I watched the Biggest Loser.   Two years ago, I had made a Navy print for my nephew Sherm to take to dialysis with him as he gets cold during the process.  He has a favorite nurse who asked to have a blanket just like his for someone she knows.   So my niece asked if I would make one up. Yes, definitely for a veteran!
Bob went to another Town Board meeting regarding the housing development in the back field which is currently flooded.  

Haircuts was on the schedule for Thursday.  After Bob and I drove to the Ridge Road Train Station on Rt. 104.  Bob has a couple of "fix em" problems with his Circus train.  We were very surprised and very sad to hear that the owner of the place is closing down!  People were buying the display shelves and products at 25-50% off.  We have shopped their for years.  We will miss the place.

Friday,  I finally packed the North Pole Village away and ran the vacuum.    I was pooped!  So I put my feet up for awhile and read a book.  I had stuffed cabbage rolls to make for supper and I forgot what a big job that always is.  I should have started earlier. Of course, I got all hipper and wished I could just throw them a sandwich. 

Saturday, I cleaned the refrig and decided to make potato salad.  Yum!  The day flew by.  At night, I was happy to sit and watch the movie Burlesque!  (Drama, musical & Romance) The story wasn't to exciting but the musicals and stage presentation was wonderful.  I was disappointed as  Cher only sang twice; once in costume and once as a rehearsal.  Christina Aguilera really belted out the songs and Stanley Tucci is always good for a laugh. 

That brings us to Sunday again.  I putzed around making a batch of stuffed mushrooms as a trial run for appetizers for the engagement party next Saturday.    Bob and Betsy went to Lowe's to purchase items to update the upstairs bathroom.  There is some kinda income tax deal where you saved a $100.00 with required purchase.  I am not looking forward to the mess and tear up for the next few weeks!  Ugh! 

So till next Sunday, have yourself a great week. 

Golden Gram









No comments:

Post a Comment