Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aug. 8th - 14th, 2011

MONDAY:

Oh, last night we saw a huge flight of geese!  It seems early for them to be migrating already.  I hope it doesn't mean an early fall as winter is right behind it.  I'm not ready for that yet.

The first thing I want to do today is make cupcakes to bring to our bereaving friends home.   Our previous camping group has agreed to purchase a full meal (Ribs from Alex's) for the family.  Bob and I will pick up and deliver  the meal for 5:20pm.  So cupcakes would be an easy dessert to put out; no plates or silverware needed.  The obituary was on line today so I copied and pasted that into an email to send out. 
I noticed a smelly, moldy scent while doing my wash today.  Don't tell me this rather new wash machine is going to give us trouble with that to contend with.  Little maintenance must be needed.
I mentioned it to Bob and he has the manual pulled out and called the appliance store already.  He could hardly get the folder out of the warranty drawer; I guess I should go thru that and pull the info that we no longer need to make filing easier.  Maybe during the winter.
Our clock quit here in the computer/mud room.  It's driving me crazy!  I keep looking up at the blank wall. 
TUESDAY:
I thought of two more families to notify that live out of state so I sent them the obit in an e-mail.
Tonight is calling hours for our friend.  I need to get some groceries so I can offer a meal/coffee and dessert to our kids who won't have time to eat before calling hours with working.  Calling hours was 4-7pm, not until 8 or 9 so everyone had to scramble before it was over. 
My Pic Folio Album was delivered today from Creative Memories.  I couldn't wait to see what it looked like so I opened it before leaving to get groceries.  It will work out very nicely.  Once back home and after the coffee clutchers left, I put the photos in and I just have to do a little journaling and I'm done!  I'm thinking that I'll order another album to put our old, old camping photos in and I can get rid of a whole box of the bad type albums.   The photos are turning yellow from the PVC in the plastic sleeves.  Creative Memories is acid free and will not turn the color of photos.  I could work my whole life on photos and never get them all done.
WEDNESDAY:
We were up early today to get ready to attend the funeral mass of our friend.  After the ceremony at the cemetery everyone was invited back to the church hall for a luncheon.  Of course, we all ate to much.
Once back home we answered a phone message and made plans to visit campers from Chapter 1 who were camping at Southwoods.  We wanted to see where our site was for the Region 1/NY St. Rally anyway.  We shared the info on the contacts for donations.  We were there probably 2 hours; as we decided to leave a "monsoon" broke loose so they told us to sit back down until the rain let up.  It really poured.  When we did leave, it was still coming down really hard.
Bob took a nap and I finished a book before making supper.  Later Bob pulled weeds in the driveway and gathered the garbage.  I transferred some files to the people that we had visited.
THURSDAY:
Bob had been to the appliance store for directions on removing the musty smell in the wash machine.  Once it ran a cycle, I washed bedding.  I should clean house tomorrow so I wanted that done. 

OLIVER'S CANDY STORE DONATED THIS BASKET FOR OUR RALLY!
Oliver's Candy Store called, they had a basket ready for pick up for our HRRVC Scholarship fund raiser so I went down town to pick that up plus make a bank deposit.  Bob mowed the lawn and it looks real nice; green again.   We went to Miss Batavia for supper and then to Wal-Mart to shop for a new clock. 

A NEW CLOCK FOR THE MUD ROOM.
 FRIDAY: 
I cleaned the upstairs, pillar to post, shower walls and windows.  That pooped the old girl out.  I had to hurry to get outside to the pool before the sun went away.  Only 3 more week left before we close it. 
When I went to type, Blogger was down.  First time that has happened.

SATURDAY:
I called Eric to see if he was packed/ready to go back to Utica College.  He was already there!  I wished him good luck with all the football practice. 
First thing on the agenda is go for more groceries.  Sarah wants a big Sunday dinner when she gets home tomorrow!   So I went to BJ's and Tops.  I picked up an eggplant and when I weighed it the costs was near $5.00;  oh no I'll go to the Farmers Market on Tuesday. Wow, one eggplant! 
My new neighbor lady was sitting outside when I drove in the yard so I wanted to go introduce myself.  Betsy put the groceries away.   Bob was over there helping to trim the pine tree limbs. 


GEORGE WOULD CUT BRANCHES AND BOB PULLED THEM TO PILE.

GEORGE HAS CLEANED UP THE WEEDS UNDER NEATH TREES.  YEAH!
LOOK HOW CLEAN NOW.  THE PREVIOUS NEIGHBOR DIDN'T EVEN MOW HIS LAWN.

The guys quite as it was so hot, enough for one day.  I raked a cart full.  Bob and I went swimming to cool off.  After a quick supper, we went to the movies to see "THE HELP".  It was good but again I had trouble hearing all the words, good thing I had read the book.   It just isn't like watching movies at home.  We had Dairy Queen after.  Now, little Sarah can laugh to think Grandpa and I had a date night.

SUNDAY:

Debbie sent some pictures of Rocco's out door kitchen.  He is doing a beautiful job as expected.



LOOKS LIKE STONE AND TILE WORK. 
 The cupboards look much better, I'm glad they painted over the orange color. 


Well, time for lunch.  It's raining with big thunders!  Everyone take it easy and have a great week.  We'll see what we can get into this coming week.  Some times, we are a threat to our kids who think us old farts  are challenging.

Golden Gram






No comments:

Post a Comment