Sunday, May 5, 2013

BOB HAS SHINGLES, MEETING JESSIE, VISITING ALEX IN OKLAHOMA

MONDAY:
We arrived home from our trip to Washington, DC on Monday, about 3:30 pm.  No place like home!
Then the cruddy jobs of unloading, doing the wash, cleaning the car etc., and putting my legs up as my calves ached from all the walking.
I put neosporium on Bob's bug bites on his back that showed up while in Washington, DC.
I started the washing but I had to take a nappie.
 
TUESDAY:
I had a telephone message from the daughter of my dear friend in the nursing home; telling that Gen had passed away from pneumonia in the Medina Hospital.  Gen was 86 and the sweetest person I have ever met.  Gen was the payroll clerk at work.  Everyone loved to see her while delivering the pay checks.  (The Eagle shits)  I made more phone calls to tell other friends.
More catch up, mail, paying bills. 
WEDNESDAY:
 Bob and Joe went fishing.  He came home tired and hot!  He pulled up his shirt and asked me to look at his bug bites.  The bug bites have spread, there are now two more red spots on his back. He chest is peppered with tiny red dots around the ribs.  I thought Bob should go to the doctor's but of course he didn't think it was necessary.  Okay Bob. 
I worked on the computer while Bob mowed the lawn and then came inside pooped. 

THURSDAY:
This morning I woke up and noticed ice packs in bed with us.  Must be something aching. Toast A dee da or how ever it's spelled.  (Bull head)  Bob finally decided to call the Doctor.  All three bug bite locations are bright red and much larger.  I told him it looked like Shingles, from what I've seen on TV.  Naw!
So he calls Dr. Haroon-who is out of town for the rest of the week.
I said, then go to one of these emergency care places.  Bob was gone downtown for a long time.  I was starting to worry but still I know he does every thing in one trip.  He made about four stops including the ECare unit.  It's shingles folks!  He dropped off a script for an  antibiotic, and aspirin with codeine.
I needed greeting cards so I offered to pick up the meds while I was out.  As I also wanted to inquire about the vaccination shot for shingles.  All "grey hairs" should have one.
As soon as Bob started taking the antibiotics, he developed pain under his rib cage on his chest.  Now what!  He wouldn't call the ECare unit.  He slept most of the afternoon. 
Some photos have been coming in from Donna while they are visiting Alex.  Donna also sent a video of the dog; she is getting very good with that new telephone.




Donna and David are visiting Alex out in Enid, Oklahoma.  This is Alex's new dog, Jethro!  Alex volunteers at a shelter for animals and he fell in love with this one.
FRIDAY:
I went to the wake for my friend.  I met other friends there.  We went to the Miss Batavia for coffee afterwards.  I had a hard time convincing Bob that he shouldn't go as he thought the world of Gen.   He was advised not to be with infants, toddlers or anyone with an irregular immune system or anyone who hasn't had chicken pox.   I have to wash his clothes separately. 
By late afternoon he was miserable and went to bed.

We watched the movie Lincoln" in the evening.   
SATURDAY:
The funeral mass was at 10:00am.  As Gen belonged to the Rosary Society the group was there in her honor.  They carried candles to their seats.   There was eight people there from work.  Some of us went to Denny's afterwards for breakfast.  We had a catch up coffee clutch. 

I hurried to the grocery store to leave something for Bob to eat while Betsy and I went to Lockport.  We were to meet Annalynn's transplant donor and there was also a birthday celebration for Joe. 
Debbie, Rocco, and Annalynn had gone to Niagara Falls to show Jessie.  They also did the Maid of the Mist boat ride.


This is Jessie! Annalynn's donor.  She had photos of all her family to show us.
 

Then Annalynn called Grandpa Bobby on Face Time, so he could introduce himself to Jessie.   After that Jessie called her parents in Georgia so we could talk to them on Face Time.  I asked Jessie what she had to do as a donor.  It was wonderful to meet her and tell her what a great gift she gave our family.    God Bless!  

We walked over to Christianna and Joe's house.  Time for more celebrations! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!   CHRISTIANNA HAD A GREAT MEAL FOR THE FAMILY. 

FOLLOWED BY HIS ICE CREAM CAKE
 IT WAS SO GOOD.


  That was a busy day for me; Betsy and I got home near 9:00 pm and we went to bed.

SUNDAY:
It was beautiful outside today.  The three of us put the gazebo canvas on the frame so Bob would have some shade to sit outside.
A couple of loops were torn so I brought the sewing machine outside and stitched them right up.  It's a start.  We didn't open the pool and won't until Bob feels better.  The antibiotic is causing him some grief.

That's our week.  Hope you all  have had a happy, healthy one. 
Thanks for clicking in.  It's time to read the Sunday comics and cut coupons. 

GOLDEN GRAM


2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Uncle Bob's shingles. Please give him my love and tell him I am keeping him in my prayers. What a joy it must have been to meet AnnaLynn's donor. God Bless those young women, they are both an inspiration to all. Happy Birthday Joe! Congrats to Alex on his rescue of Jethro. And volunteering at the shelter. So glad Donna and David got to go spend some time with him. Great hearing about the family news as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who should I tell him the prayers are from?

      Delete