Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Week

MONDAY:
I woke up early, my feet were freezing.  I hit that thermostat and put on socks and went  back to bed, socks and all.  Crazy weather, I thought we were out of this snow stuff!  Betsy had ice on her windshield to scrap off.  At least we didn't have the disaster problems that was caused by the tornado's in the South. 
Today is usually washing day, accompanied by paying bills.  Bob had an appointment to have the motor home refrigerator fixed; the second recall.  So I helped him to back out.  We checked the lights and off he went.  I love the sound of the diesel.  Rom, rom.  Using the motor home  will be a killer if the gas stays this high, I recently saw $4.21 for diesel. 


TUESDAY:
Bob had e mails to read before the Town Board meeting (on my computer) so I went in my scrap booking room and worked on a couple more pages of my Christmas album photos.   If I like a snapshot of one person and not the others;  I crop and figure out a way to include that portion.  We have so many photos that I don't know why I do that; but I'm plugging along.  My friend  came for coffee and to  pick up the Charity Basket for little Sundae.

Bob had to get a new part to stop the leak.
  
 
Marine board going up!

 
Bob continued to work on the plumbing leak so he could start the marine board in the bathroom.  Bob came out to get a tool and the door slammed shut behind him.  When he tried to open the door, it was locked!  It's been years since our kids were little and we couldn't remember where we hid the key outside of the bathroom so we could unlock it if the kids were stuck in there.  About a half hour went by until we found the right device to pick the lock.





I started reading a book by David Limbaugh called "Crimes Against Liberty" about Obama.  It's a real eye opener to see so much in print that's negative about Obama.  It gives a clearer picture of happenings that we hear bits and pieces of on the news.   I had to use the dictionary on my e reader constantly for all the  "BIGGIE" words.


WEDNESDAY: 
During the night, there was terrible thunder and lighting.  It poured buckets!  This morning the back field is flooded again.  That is one of my main concerns about building houses out there; where will the water go if houses are there?  The developers have talked about under ground sewers but what if they don't do that?


We had a  quick trip to Rochester to return some items that didn't work out.  In Jo Ann's I found some artificial forsythia stems for Debbie as she couldn't find any in Lockport. 



Entrance to Deb's house.

 THURSDAY:
Bob and I went to our daughter's in Lockport to take the forsythia flowers up for her urns on the front entrance.  Our granddaughter made coffee with cinnamon and served some cookies.  Debbie had all her Easter decorations set up and it all looked so pretty.  She had made at least 14 Easter baskets for the kids after they finish the  "Egg Hunt."  Now some of these kids are 28, 25,21 and down to 7 & 8 year olds.  No matter how old, they all participate.


After supper the three of us went to Lowes to purchase the tile that we had  picked out a month ago  for the bathroom.   During our shopping, we couldn't find all the pieces that we wanted.  Also, the price had gone up! We were afraid to wait for a delivery in case the shipment would be of a different color so we picked out something entirely different with all the pieces that we needed.  What a job to lug all that heavy tile into the house. 


FRIDAY;
At 8:00am, Bob took the car to the garage for an oil change and to check out the problem with the leaking that he had noticed last week.  Betsy and I went to the grocery store to get all the items for Easter cooking.  Bob called to come and pick him up while we were still shopping.  He left the car at the garage as the problem is within the transmission!  Oh, Boy, there goes the Maintenance Slush Fund


At last the tile going up and Betsy laid it all.  What a worker!   



They are figuring out how to work with the border pieces.

Isn't it beautiful!  We have a soap dish in the middle & 2 shelves in the corner.
Right after lunch, they started putting up the tile. (And worked all day on it)  I was in the kitchen making stuff for Easter.   I cooked the kielbasa (polish sausage) and made Great Grandma Rindo's old recipe of Sweet Cheese.  It's a tradition for our breakfast after mass.  I cooked eggs and colored them; not much fun without little people around.   I had some chocolate to make up so I did that too.  That too is more fun with the kids.  
We watched some of the Saber's game.  We are happy that they won again!  Downtown Buffalo will be jumping tomorrow night with the anticipation of the next game.


Floor  is almost finished!  (I think I got some flash back).
SATURDAY:
 Bob and Betsy had to run back to Lowe's.  They ran out of tile paste.  Then they started laying the tile on the floor.  Out went the toilet again!  They are doing such a nice job, kinda learning as they go.  Bob must have made 100 trips up and down the stairs to the garage to cut the tile to Betsy's measurements.   I'm so proud of them.   Bob's back started aching so he put on the back harness; maybe this project will cost more than we figured if he has to go to the doctor's. 
I was back in the kitchen again, and I wasn't singing "I'm back in the saddle again!"  I do like to make desserts, if it was cooking it would have been an ordeal!  I made 2 deserts; one for Debbie's dinner on Sunday and one for the surprise 50th birthday party for our daughter in law tonight.  I also made 3 fruit dishes; 1 for Easter dinner at Debbie's, special one for Annalynn as she can't have fruit that isn't peeled, and 1 for home.    Then it was hurry up and get dressed to go to the surprise party in Lancaster.  Our daughter in law was completely surprised.    Donna's sister,  her husband and our son  had a very nice evening for us all. 


SUNDAY;
My house is such a mess for a holiday; with all the tools and parts piled all around.
So after the holiday, we can look forward to doing the grout and then moving the toilet and sink back in.  Yeah! 
For now we are off to Lockport for the day with family.  Hope you all have a Happy Easter and a good week. 


Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment