Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Week is Starting Off with Rain!

MONDAY:
Today was really nice and warm which is due to change once the storms reach here from the mid West.  It rained off and on all day and the back field was flooded again.
 I started my day off kinda slow because I read to late last night.  I just couldn't put the book down.  Don't you all love that kind?
While checking my e-mails, one of my followers mentioned not seeing my post on Sunday.  I stayed up late finishing it and hit "publish" about 11:30pm.  It didn't publish.  I don't know what happened but when I did the same thing this morning-out it went.  It automatically changed the date.  Another quirk in the get along, I guess. 
I had alot of mail to get ready before Bob went downtown to do errands, that I wanted him to take to the post office. Once that was accomplished,  we had a couple file folders (about 8) that I wanted Bob to go  thru with me, so we  worked on them.  After lunch, Bob left, I took a nappie!  I didn't intend to but I fell asleep waiting on the dryer to finish the last load. 
TUESDAY:
I have to do some errands to get organized for the weekend.  We have a 75th birthday party to attend for a long time friend and Bob's birthday to celebrate.   So I went gallivanting downtown for gifts and wrapping paper.  I couldn't find paper that I liked so I bought a pretty covered box and ribbon to match.   The ribbon has glitter on it-so fancy.  I also picked up some supplies to make Charity Auction Baskets for an upcoming event.  Michael's gives an extra 10% off purchases to anyone over 65 on Tuesdays.  The gray hair helps!
After supper, I mixed up some cut out cookie batter as I had the sour cream, so may as well use it.  I'm making goodies while watching the Biggest Loser!  Ha! Bob has gone thru a few more files; we don't need all those oil change invoices-back to 2002!
Did I just see a commercial for Dancing With The Stars that had Hines Ward (Steelers) as a dance partner?  I sure did, I just goggled and found out that he is on the show.  Now I have to watch it.
WEDNESDAY:
First thing, bake those cut out cookies.  Now I need ambition to make the icing for them.   This afternoon I put our friend's birthday gift together and have it wrapped beautifully.

This is a Red Hat Purse-Package. Under 55 they wear pink! 

While I had the tools out, I wrapped 2 Auction Charity baskets.   That's always fun as I like to see how they turn out.  I had some re gifting items to use.

Bob tore up most of the floor tile in the bathroom today.   We don't expect the shower basin for a couple more weeks.  Then everything will have to come out to fit that in close to the wall. 

Garbage day again tomorrow, we have lots of shredded paper to dispose of from cleaning the files.

Bob and our neighbor to the left of us was visiting at the mailbox today.  The neighbor said he was preparing to move to Lancaster.  Guess they want to get out before the back field is developed/or our housing value drops.

A leather basket of bath supplies.


THURSDAY;
Beautiful day, last night the news channel showed the weather @ or over 50's for the week.  So good to hear!  Bob is outside blowing the stones off the grass where the snow blower dumped them. 

What's the noise in the neighborhood?    Aha, they are building another unit in the cracker box retirement housing development to the East of Stringham Drive.  Looks like they cut down the shrubs on the property line and vision is wide open to the housing.

The last information I have heard was; they were trying to fill the vacancies that they have had for some time.   We also opposed that development to no avail!  

My cookies are iced.  The Martha Stewart magazine came in yesterday and she decorated her cookies to look like poppies; one of our  spring flowers.  Just the inspiration that I needed. They are delish with a good cup of coffee. 

FRIDAY:
TGIF as they say in the working world.  Cloudy day, it will never hit a warm temp.
The neighbor has the  HOUSE FOR SALE sign up in his yard.   We are curious to see how long it will take to sell.  I would like a one floor ranch someday, but nobody is listening!
Busy time on the phones and e mail today as we have an illness with hospitalization in the family in Pennsylvania.  Really appreciative of the Family Plan thru Verizon in times like this. 

We watched some of the Sabers game.  It sure was exciting!  Mr. Pugula has done alot for everyone's  spirit.  Inviting all the retired players was a wonderful idea, they all seemed to enjoy it.
SATURDAY:
I had my coffee and then checked the e-mail, face book and telephone  to see if there was any updates on my sister-in-law.   None.  So I made  breakfast and then Bob's favorite birthday cake.  (pineapple upside down cake) After I called the hospital and talked to my sister in law.  She sounded much better so  it was an encouraging chat.  She had received our flowers. 
Bob went to attend the  breakfast meeting for the WNY GOLD CLUB.  They reported making $900.00 selling bags of sand which they seed with gold for people of all ages to pan.  They have a Road Trip this coming week to a gold panning spot in Virginia.  We should check that out!  http://www.wnygoldprospectors.com/


Bob & Betsy replacing the TV in the motor home.
 After lunch, Bob and Betsy went to BJ's to pick out a TV for our motor home.  Our main TV in the MH has been on the binge since we attended the International Rally out in Illinois.  There was a power surge which did  something which limited our reception.   They found one and they spent the afternoon installing it.  The Dynamic Duo!

The weather was so nice out that I just had to get outside; so I cut the dead pieces off of flowers and then raked the side lawn.  The pine trees sure make a mess every spring.   My daffodils are coming up nicely.  I see a rodent  has dug down to my bulbs and was eating them. 
Look, it works!  

Bob says, tomorrow they will test the TV using the converter.  (so it will work when we are not plugged into electric, I think) 

By then it was dinner time and we enjoyed a big birthday dinner with steak and mushrooms, baked cauliflower, baked potatoes; followed by strawberry shortcake.   His pineapple-upside down cake is for tomorrow after the Open House Party when the rest of family is in town.




Cinderella is in the MH, all set to go.


 SUNDAY:  We will have a full day so guess this will be it for this Blog.   Hope everyone has a good week. 

Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment