Sunday, November 13, 2011

Monday, Monday

MONDAY:
Well, here we go with a start to another week.  I really should have a "to do" list with turkey day out there in the ranks.  The young me would have to scrub walls, wash the curtains, clean the refrigerator, wash all the dishes in the china cabinet, etc. etc.  The old me says, maybe I'll do the china cabinet, but not today!
It was nice when I got up today but it's clouded over now.  Should have gone out to rake leaves but I had the washing to do.  Bob had bartered on the phone all day Saturday with the salesman from Ford.  Do you wonder why we go over our minutes?  This morning he wanted to go back up to look at the SUV again.  The previous owner was from PA. Bob  wanted them to put it up on the rack so he could look for flood remains; just in case.  It's a used 2011, (program vehicle) Escape with 11,000 miles on it.  He has a list of questions and he thought of other ideas he wanted to check.  I wasn't going for that ordeal!    He wanted the Trail Blazer title, the check book, and my keys just in case.  So I continued with the washing and computer work.  He has been gone for 3.5 hours now and he just called, using the Sync.  Some fan dangled new system.  I think he bought the car!  Oh brother-where's the chocolate?
BUY AMERICAN!  
TUESDAY:
I went to Penney's this morning to exchange a couple of Saturday's purchases.  The place was still busy with shoppers with coupons so I had to wait in lines.  It looked like alot of Christmas presents being purchased.   How do they get ideas so early? 
I drove the new vehicle and Bob rode along to explain all the gadgets.  So many nice things, it's been a long time since we had a new car.  If this one lasts for 10 years like our Trail Blazer, it could very well be our last vehicle purchase.  We're in the Autumn of our years, ya know.  (Golden Years)
On the way home, we stopped at the fire station to vote.  The simplest ballots ever, only one contested office - Coroner. 
To vote, we now have to mark a sheet and put it in a machine that looks like a copy machine.  I don't know if that's progress or not.  I liked to pull the handles.  Ha!
After lunch we went out side to work since it was so warm.  I raked and Bob ran the tractor to pick up leaves.  It looked so much better after it was done.  I wanted to do windows today but we ran out of time. 
Supper's over and it's time for the Biggest Loser on TV which will probably be preempted for the election results.  
WEDNESDAY:
It was still warm enough to have my morning coffee on the porch which I enjoy.  Later I made a poached egg for breakfast, Bob had his oatmeal earlier and was off somewhere.
I was trying to decide if I wanted to go shopping as I'd like a new winter jacket but we will be gone all day tomorrow so that thought was nixed.  I made several phone calls instead.
Then after lunch, with Bob's help, I took down the bedroom curtains  and washed the windows.  Oh yea, I chased the cowboys; when Betsy was young, she called cobwebs- cowboys.  I don't know how that got started.  I just finished putting the clean curtains up and it was time to start supper.  Today I made a pork loin with sauerkraut the way Mom used to make it with lots of bay leaves.  So good!
Our activities after supper was to get everything ready to go to Buffalo tomorrow as Bob has two follow up medical tests scheduled for 9:45am. 
THURSDAY:
What a long day!  We left home at 8:35am heading for the Buffalo Heart Group @ Maple Ave., for Bob's appointment.  Bob had an abdominal Aortic Ultrasound.  This is a follow up procedure to the stent placement to make sure there are no other blockages below the heart.  This test took about 20 minutes and we were on our way to Macy's.  A quick look around the store and then we headed for Buff. Heart Group on Williams St. for his nuke stress test.
First, we had to pick up a fat lunch for him to eat after he had the shot in the arm.  Then the waiting begins!  He went in about 11:40 and he was done at 3:30pm.  He was pooped!  He increased his treadmill time by 50%, so that's wonderful!  Results will be sent to his Dr.  Bob has to make an appointment there next.  Bob told me to head for Tim Horton's for coffee as none was allowed prior to both tests.  We dropped off some pickles at our son's house in Lancaster and headed home.  The whole day was dark and rainy.  I did all the driving to get to know the new vehicle better.  It handles beautifully, but quite small inside compared to the Trail Blazer. 
A couple phone calls and a quick sandwich supper and I'm calling it a day.  Time to become a couch potato.
FRIDAY:
Betsy had the day off today for a couple appointments so it felt like the weekend with her home.  The porch was too cold for my cup of coffee this morning.  Sooner than later, I knew that would be over and the dreaded winter would arrive.
After a couple miscellaneous computer jobs; I decided to take the living room curtains down to wash them.  I have the sheer flat panels and 2 pair of sheer drape type.  The sheer drapes hang in a half moon design, very hard to get two windows hung evenly.   I 'm not sure I  had them down last year.  It's just such a terrible job to get them back up and keep them from slipping constantly.  Oh, I chased all the cowboys; ceiling, walls etc.  Then as the washer/dryer quit I started putting the curtains back up.  The flat panels are a snap.  Then the long sheer drapes; one rose color and one Burgundy.  What a time.  Bob came along and offered to help.  Good thing because I was already looking on line to see how much new simple drapes would cost me.  I'd throw those suckers out in a heart beat.  Guess what?  He put them up with no trouble at all.  Then he put a cable tie band on them; they won't slip & slide.  He doesn't even need the step ladder.  Mom always called him, "a long drink of water!"  
THE HALF MOON LOOK IS NOT JUST RIGHT YET, TRY AGAIN.
Late afternoon we noticed a light dusting of white stuff outside.  We couldn't decide if it was flakes or hail.  It came down slowly but it was definitely pellets. 
SNOW OR HAIL?
We went over town to shop a couple places,  then out for supper to Miss Batavia.  Yesterday was our 55th wedding anniversary and the day was jam packed so we treated ourselves today.  Miss Batavia is not your sophisticated, elegant stop but we love their beef sandwiches so that was our choice. 
Home to feed the dog and enjoy a quite evening. 
SATURDAY:
I had another one of those sleepless nights.  Bob says that he called me but I didn't get up.  Bob was gone to the Gold Diggers breakfast meeting when I did get up.  The Early Bird gets the worm!  
Betsy and I went over to Little Buffalo (west end of town) and did some shopping and checked out turkey prices.  .79 a pound at Wal*Mart, .48 a pound at Tops with a $25.00 order. 
The guy that brings a truck load of Florida oranges was at Clor's.  Yeah!  We bought a box and they are so sweet and luscious.  What a treat!
After lunch the crew disappeared on me.  Nappie time.  If I lay down now, I'll have another bad night.  So turn on the computer to see what's new. 
ROCKY'S FRIEND MIKE AND ROCKY
This photo just came in.  My grandson, Rocky, and his friend, Mike went to the Niagara University President's Dinner Dance.  I'd say they look "snazzy!"  This is their Senior year so I guess they decided to do it up big time.
SUNDAY;
We all went our own way this morning; no big communal breakfast.  Betsy made chocolate chunk cookies.  During lunch we talked about decorating the outside of the house while it was warm.  Our roof edge lights are shot.  I suggested down sizing as I don't want Bob or Betsy going up on the ladder.  Undecided about lights, after lunch, Betsy offered to take me shopping to look for a jacket. We went to Burlington Coat Factory and I liked two jackets at very reasonable prices so I bought them both. 
Then we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to look at Christmas trees to put on each side of  the front door.  We both had 20% off coupons so we each bought one.   They are 5.5' tall and they are pre-lit.  They should look nice.

Getting home late to start supper, Betsy helped me fix the  turkey breast, stuffing and sweet potatoes.   
Now I have the trees to shape and put out.  We usually don't turn the lights on until after Turkey day.   So much to do now for the holidays. 

Have a good one everyone.

Golden Gram


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 55 years and the new car. Tell Bob to let me know if he needs help with the baseplate install.

    ReplyDelete
  2. car looks great!! i'm jealous! I wish i had sync in my car!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you! My week just doesn't start well unless I've caught your blog! Nice car! Maybe I'll look for some cowboys!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete