Sunday, November 6, 2011

SET THE CLOCKS BACK.

DID YOU HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN?
HOW DID YOU CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAY?
SARAH-THAT'S CREEPY!

During the day, I did the usual hum drum daily duties.   The washing is larger now that the winter sweaters, parkas etc. are being used.   Everything on TV is about Halloween. 
8:00pm-We have had about 9 Trick or Treaters so far. The kids are all grown up on our street, or they go to town for parties.  So not to exciting.  Betsy painted my nails. 

TUESDAY:
7:30am Sure, I'm up early when I haven't a place to go.  (I usually sleep in if I have an appointmentI had my coffee on the porch, looking for deer.  None!  I went in the bedroom to make the bed (last man up usually makes the bed and Bob was still in it) and looked out the window and there was 3 deer going across the field.  That's the first that I have seen them in weeks. 

Well, I have a couple miscellaneous things I could do today. What will it be? 
I need to move monies out of the check book into my "slush in Quicken".   I have about 10 "slushes" and it helps to cover the unexpected and a couple expected yearly bills; like insurance.  I avoid their cute little charges per month by paying the yearly amount when due.    Budget, budget, budget. 

I ended up helping Bob to drill holes in wine bottles for Debbie. The holes go in the back so we can put electric lights in them before decorating.
THE BOTTLES ARE FROM OLIVE GARDEN.
BOB PUTS THEM IN THIS JIG.
DRILLING A HOLE IN THEM.
We drilled 29 bottles; one cracked so that was thrown in the garbage.  He has a Jig that he uses; and I spray the anti freeze-soap mixture on to keep the bit cool.  Then we rinsed the bottles but we didn't take the labels off as the girls said they would do it.  Their making Halloween bottles now with spiders etc.

It was such a beautiful day that after lunch I went over to Wal-Mart and then Oliver's as I have a couple gifts to get ready again.  Besides I had to pick up that video; WATER FOR ELEPHANTS!

Before supper, I hunted thru magazines for a recipe that I wanted to try for supper and couldn't find it.  I should have photo copied it when I saw it.  It was chicken fingers rolled in crushed peanuts.  Looked good.  Instead, I made a chicken pot pie and the family loved it.  Always nice to hear something is good.
Such a nice day, Bob worked outside.  He fixed the electric dog fence once he found where it was broken. 

Bob is off to the Town Board meeting; they are working on rezoning laws and he wanted to sit in.  He has volunteered to be the "gofer man" again for the neighborhood.  The neighbors think we can rezone the back field before another buyer comes along.  They want it to be "owner occupied".  How?  We don't own the land. 
I'll fix my gift cards and run to watch some TV-The Biggest Looser.  The video (Water for Elephants) will have to wait until tomorrow night. 

WEDNESDAY: 
We left home about 9:30 for Lockport as I had a hair appointment.  There was construction on one road that held us up (3 places) so I was late.  After we had a stop at Burger King for an early lunch an then drove to the Ford dealers up there.  We looked at another Ford Escape but a larger model.  It was nice. 
I also had a retirement gift to drop off to a friend of the family.  Her hubby accepted the gift as she was away on a medical appointment.  One more stop before heading home; leave the wine bottles at Debbie's. 
At home, we made our 4:00 coffee and sat on the back porch and the deer were out near the woods.  We had warm ups for supper and then hurried down stairs to watch the video, WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.  We all enjoyed it.  We sat comparing it to the book. 

THURSDAY:
I don't know where the morning went.  Little of this, little of that.  We had an early lunch and went over town to Verizon.  We had gone over our minutes and Bob wanted to have the bill checked out.  If you know Bob, you'd know it wasn't one question he would ask.  I hunted for a chair.  The place was  buzzing with people. 
Once he was satisfied, we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and then Burger King.  We had coupons for BK for free ice cream so we wanted to try it out as it's a new product.  The dairy quality tester said it had to much ice in it.  Not enough cream used.  Okay, but it was cold and good on a beautiful day.

I'm surprising the crew with a Nacho plate for supper.  I found a new recipe which calls for bar be q chicken, melted cheese, small tomatoes chopped, and jalapeno peppers.  I'm so sick of all the tried and true recipes.  Hope they don't throw it at me.  Or worse yet, if their still hungry.
FRIDAY:
Bob called the salesman at the Ford dealers in Medina again to see if he was working today.  We did a few jobs around home and then left about 11:00 to go there.
We wanted to look at the next model up as it had a better storage area underneath of the back carpet; we could store all the towing cables in there. I wanted to do a test drive.  3 hours later we went for lunch, no deal.  While eating a call came in to tell us that my friend came thru
We scooted home to let the dog out.  We were not hungry at supper time so I made a batch of cut out cookies to put in refrig to cool.  Then I started the cookie sheet apple pie so I'd have some thing to send to Eric Saturday when the kids came by to leave Coco with us before heading to Utica for the game.  I finally cleaned the kitchen about 10:30; long day.
SATURDAY:
Betsy and I went down to J.C. Penney's as they had a "door buster or early bird sale" today.  We had several coupons also.  I guess we shopped about and hour; finding sweaters & robes on sale.
When we got back I started making the icing for the pie.  Betsy went over to the grocery store.  I made the bed, tried on the new sweaters and waited for Betsy as she was getting lunch stuff.  I didn't want to start the cut out cookies until we all had lunch.  The kids came with Coco and joined us for dessert.  I packed up the pie for Eric and they left for the game. 
PUMPKIN CUT OUT COOKIES


YUM, THEY ARE GOOD!
Betsy is so fast, that I just let her do the cookies while I prepared a pot of Chili for supper.  Then we iced the cookies; watching Coco so she didn't get a treat.  After supper I had some work to do on computer for Chapter 12 so that's done. 
The game is over and Utica lost.  The kids should be here around 11 to pick up Coco...so guess I'll go watch some TV till they get here.

SUNDAY:
Day light savings time ends today.  Why do they continue the changing of the time?  If it was for the farmers to have more day light for chores; it isn't needed any more.  As we have farmers tilling the fields with all kinds of lights on those monster tractors until late at night. 

We have lots geese flying around again.  While having my morning coffee, I tried to get a pic as they flew towards the house.  They better keep flying South. 
I spent the morning on the phone to people who aren't on the Verizon program, plus my friend at Roswell.   I worked a couple e mails in too.  Sorta a lazy day at our house.  I read the Sunday paper and cut coupons.  Bob watched the Bills game.  We are expecting friends over for coffee so I guess that I'll post this.  Then to see the Steelers game. 

Have a good one everyone.

Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment