Sunday, February 12, 2012

AH, TO BE HOME!

A BEAUTIFUL SPRING BOUQUET FROM MY SISTER & FAMILY.
I would like to thank everyone for all your kindness!  I received so many cards, calls, e-mails, blogs,prayers and wishes.  The flowers are still beautiful.  I really appreciated the the McDonald's runs from my friend, Mo.  It was a long wait for coffee when they wake you at 5:00am and the trays didn't come until 8:00am.   So thank you all so much for all you did for me. 



THIS IS UNITED MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER, where the adventure started.

FOLLOWING SURGERY; THE GIRLS PUTTING THE CPM BOOT ON ME THAT BENDS THE KNEE.



FIRST TIME OUT OF BED.
Mary Lama aka "Momma Lama" stopped in to see me.  She was conducting another Joint Camp and she had a guy who didn't think he needed to sit there and listen.  She invited Bob to come down and tell the class all the "good" benefits of attending.  Bob (who loves to talk) was thrilled and he went right down.  Oh my, now to wonder what he said!

UMMC is a teaching hospital.  There were all kinds of students.  I found the male nurses to be most helpful and kind. 
DR HOY REMOVED THIS CLUNKY BANDAGE AND THE DRAINAGE TUBE FRIDAY MORNING.
B-LINE BUS RIDE TO REHAB.
Another patient and I rode the B-Line bus service from the hospital to the Nursing Home , as we found out our insurance wouldn't pay for an ambulance if it wasn't a medical emergency.  After loading us, and heading out to the first intersection, the other patients' chair started going down the isle.  She screamed!  I screamed!  The driver pulled over and came to the back and attached a floor hook to her chair.  A little excitement there.  Our ride costs us $1.50 each. 

THE GREENS.
DR HOY SIGNED HIS WORK. (RH)
17 STAPLES REMOVED 2/10/2012.
ME & MELANIE.  SHE IS THE DEPT. HEAD OF PHYSICAL THERAPY.   WONDERFUL PERSON, ALWAYS ENCOURAGING!


CINDER WELCOMES ME HOME!


That's it for now.  I'm tired!  Pictures are worth a thousand words.  I do have someone who just looks at the photos!  

 Hope you all have a good week.  Happy Valentine's Day too.

Golden Gram












1 comment:

  1. Ouch ouch ouch. Those were painful to look at, you poor girl. Get lots and lots of rest and let Bob baby you a bit :) Its your turn!

    Lots of Love to you and Bob- many (gentle) hugs-
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete