Sunday, January 29, 2012

DAY OF SURGERYS NEAR & A NEW WATER HEATER!

MONDAY MONDAY so good to me,
MONDAY MONDAY, it was all I hoped it would be; 1960's by The Mamas & Papas. 

Today we met another Mama!  We attended "Joint Camp 1-3:30pm" at UMMC to learn more about my surgery.  Four patients and their support member met in a tiny 10 X 10 conference room with Mary Lama.  She promptly introduced herself by her floor nick name- "MAMA LAMA"- if you want anything yell for 'MAMA LAMA!"  That set the pace for a 2.5 hour meeting of fun and information.   Mary has been with the hospital for 32 years, starting in the clerical field then acquiring her RN degree.  She developed the "Joint Camp" as one of her thesis's for her nursing degree.  She is proud to wear her Nursing Cap!  She even had a joke for us.  Do you know the similarity of a hospital gown and an insurance policy?  Answer: Neither has complete coverage! 

Most all the nuts & bolts were covered for pre-op and inpatient care.  Several of the orthopedic doctors forbid her to discuss rehab as their concern is "big time against infection" in still another facility.  They prefer the patient goes home and has in house rehab. 
  
During the meeting; Bob's phone rang.  He immediately said sorry and left the room.  Everyone reached for their phones to shut them off.  On the way home, Bob told me the call was the lady from the NH returning his call about confirmation of a room for me.  Here it comes; there are issues with our insurance company which should be settled by Friday's meeting.  Oh No!  Another hurdle.

After class I thanked Mama Lama for her excellent presentation and I made a point of discussing my meeting with Annette last week. (the cold experience) I suggested that they plan "Joint Camp" before meeting with Annette if they had that opportunity. 
Hurrying home for our 4:00 coffee  and to let the dog out,   we were bushed!   Bob called for a pizza and I started to sort the washing and pushing that through.  Later I turned on the TV to watch the debate; I didn't even see it, snooze time. 
TUESDAY:
As soon as I woke up, I started thinking how much I could get done before the next appointment that afternoon.  The main thing was getting supper planned, maybe in the crock pot.  I even made the salad ahead of time. 
I had to go see my GP -Dr. Suwarna Naik or Dr. Sue for medical clearance.  She was in a ripping mood; commenting the only time that I come in is for surgery.  I was laying on my back for the EKG and I didn't let that one pass.  I made a response; "that's not true as I was here for my yearly physical."  She left and I waited for her return.  According to her my EKG showed a fast heart beat.  What?  I have never had a heart problem.  Probably her comment raised my heart beat.   Well, that aside, now I have to go for another stress test and she wrote a script for 30 pills of Metropolol for me.  Crap!  She has me on so many vitamins now that my feet and palms of hands are all broke out with tiny white blisters that turn red when they break.  They appear two at a time; like a snake bite.  They itch!  I told her that I'm allergic to the vitamins.  Her response, "of course not, that's lack of vitamins."  Okay now she has me thinking it's scurvy.  The hospital said, no surgery if you have open wounds because infection will go straight to the knee.  So I may not get the knee done yet.   Enough said on that.

They cut the Biggest Looser show down to an hour.  Was that because of the President speech?  I watched him for as long as I could stand it.  I can't help but wonder if he ever forgets anything he had planned to say.  So controlled is he.  
WEDNESDAY:
Betsy has our car today while hers is in the garage for service again.  We kept ourselves  busy all day with income tax and bookkeeping, until we couldn't focus anymore.   

Bob sorta got things ready for the delivery of a new water heater.  You all know how Bob likes to talk, yes?  Well, yesterday he stopped at Sallome's Heating and visited.   As he and John talked, John decided to make a call and John received approval to  replace our heater with a brand new one, same brand, free.   We have to pay for the installation.  So that's on the schedule for tomorrow. 
More income tax preparation in the evening. 
THURSDAY:
Up and at em, breakfast and shower before they are here to shut the water off.   There's another coating of clean white snow outside.  
They arrived before 9 and started the exchange.  The new tank is a couple inches taller so to fit it into the same spot; the shelf has to be removed.  All the storage had to be moved.  I suspected it would be a mess!  Bob has to rebuild the shelving now.  Stuff is piled all over this room and the rec room.  Well, I should just stay out of it and continue to make my grocery list. 
REMOVING ALL THE STORAGE.

COATS ARE PILED UP ON THE SOFA. HOOA, HOOA!
OUT GOES THE OLD WATER HEATER.

DAVE & JOHN; NOTHING IS EASY, IT WON'T FIT! 
ALL INSTALLED; BOB REBUILDING THE SHELVES.



Another co-pay at Dr. Sue's and the dreaded stress test.  I had my bull headed mind make up that I was gonna die trying to pass that thing.  They kept asking me to rate my breathing.  I finally said, my breathing is fine but my knees are killing me.  They really didn't keep it going to long when Dr. Sue said, "your doing much better than I expected so guess we will shut it off now!"  No problem with my heart beat.  I have approval for surgery.  Makes one wonder?  They can now bill for their enormous fee. 

WE HEADED FOR DUNKIN DONUTS FOR OUR 4:00 COFFEE!
After supper we all worked on replacing the storage items.  We are very thankful for the replacement water heater tank.  We never expected that; so good thing Bob likes to talk! 
Time for pills, and greasing the blisters on my feet before going to bed.  I put a cortisone paste on them and then a coating of VICK'S!  Yep, the AARP magazine said Vicks was good for infected toe nails so I thought why not?   
FRIDAY:
Another one of those wide open eye nights.  I watched the debate in the wee hours of the morning.  
RICK: anyone having 7 kids can't be to smart in this day and age; but he's a millionaire.
NEWT: I like Newt because he can't be molded: but he has had his hand slapped a couple times.
ROMNEY: I can't get a liking for him, what's he hiding?  Shyster!
TEXAS-PAUL:  He doesn't cotton to anything, and says so.  We need to get him on Team Annalynn if he can ride 25 miles in the Texas sunshine. 

I finally had coffee and toast before Betsy got up for work.  Then I wanted to read my book and couldn't stay awake.  Figures!  When I did get back up there was the prettiest, large snowflakes coming down-"SUGAR SNOW!"  This saying stems from my farm days; all the farmers who tapped Maple trees for sap, called this snow Sugar Snow.   I'll bet they have their buckets or plastic lines all installed by now.  They need freezing nights and warm days for the sap to run. 

I had a couple of messages on my phone so I made those call backs.  Then Bob and I went over town for groceries in the afternoon.   I picked out a couple paper backs to read while hospitalized.  I wonder how much time I'll have to read if they start the day a 4:00am with that machine that bends one's knee.  We shall see.  (While in Tops we saw our friend who works at the NH Rehab-They are closed down for a procedure audit-no patients-everything dark!  The problem could be paper work or health care)
TGIF-We are all sitting around, doing our thing.  Waiting for the Gold Rush program. 

SATURDAY:


PHOTO: ERIN BROCKOVICH
I should take a ride east to the next town over (Le Roy) to see if I can see her someplace.  She is making an appearance.  Some of the teenage girls with the tic outbreak have been on the Today Show.   Bob recognized one of the fathers who was interviewed.  He owns a TV appliance store and Bob just happened to back the current motor home into his building while there for help with our TV.
Instead of turning it into insurance; Bob went out and replaced the vinyl siding himself.  Life of an RV-ER! 

The Movie "ERIN BROCKOVICH" was out when we were broke down with our  "HOLIDAY RAMBLER VACATIONER in Tenn. for over a week; it had to be before 2002.  We went to the movies to pass the time of day.  Of course, the star Julie Roberts, one of my favorites helps.   During the movie, the garage mechanic called to say the gas tank had to be dropped and replaced, it was being ordered from Mexico.    OMG!  We may as well drive home and come back when and if?  That's what we ended up doing.  The garage owners promised to keep the refrig plugged in, which didn't happen.  We had one smelly, stinking mess when we returned two weeks later to pick up the motor home. 

I cleaned our bedroom, started to gather items for the suitcase.  Thanks to everyone who voted for Christianna & Joe on the Mills Jewelery site.   I enjoyed going thru their site; looking at all the diamonds worn by the movie stars on the red carpet!  Did anyone else see it?  And the new fad; gold & silver tattoos! 

SUNDAY:
We met (GS) Alex tonight for his birthday celebration!  (22 years wow) 


A BIRTHDAY GREETING FROM UNCLE PHIL!

ALEX, DAVID & DONNA @STICKY LIPS BAR B QUE!

APPETIZERS-WE HAD FRENCH FRIED DILL PICKLES & THEN THIS PLATE.
LOOKS LIKE A GARBAGE PLATE, BUT OH SO GOOD.


LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE RIBS!
AUNT BETSY & ALEX
Such good food!  While we were inside having a grand time, the predicted snow was coming down outside.  TV said, " an inch per hour!"  Big, huge, Sugar Snow!  So pretty.  Heading home, Betsy was driving her big truck and we didn't slip or slide but it was slow moving.  She got behind a snow plow and we all felt safer.  Mother Nature rules again.

GOOD BY OLD KNEE!  BONE ON BONE.
Well, Tuesday (surgery day) is just around the corner.  They are to call me tomorrow with the time to come in.  The same day my nephew in NC will be having one of his feet amputated due to diabetes.  My prayers go out to him and Linda. 

This maybe my last post for a couple weeks.  The hospital has Internet but I doubt that I will have time (Tues. - Fri.) and patience for typing.  Bearing complications; it looks like I will leave there on Friday for the NH Rehab.  The NH does not have access to Internet. 

So until I'm up and doing the "Chicken Dance" ; hope you all have a couple good weeks. 


Golden Gram


























  

No comments:

Post a Comment