Sunday, May 13, 2012

BOB SUFFERING WITH A BAD BACK AND GRADUATION DAY

MONDAY:
I was up early enough to go to work, if I had a job.  What's with that?  After coffee and some toast, I went downstairs to go thru the mail from the weekend.   I had lots of e mails to check too.  I returned this weekends books to the on line library.   I started the washing. 
I went on line to order some maps from AAA.  Boston vicinity.  They needed fourteen days to mail them so I called and requested a pick up of the info.  After Sarah's graduation we hope to have time to go to Boston and take the DUCK TOUR (amphibious vehicle).   That should show us the city pretty much.
The afternoon was damp and raining.  Good thing Bob got out this morning to clean the bugs off the motor home windshield.  We had a large bug with wings hit the windshield on our trip to  and from Turning Stones.  They looked like a butterfly.  They covered the windshield; it looked like a lace curtain.  Bob ended up with a peep hole (size of a baseball) to drive thru.  Messy, oh my.

Bob is suffering with a bad back again.  His doctor hasn't returned his call.  Out comes the ice bags and Blue Ice.  Watched some TV before going to bed.

TUESDAY:
This morning Cinderella was  barking her fool head off.  I waited and she didn't quit so out of bed I go.  That's enough Cinder!   Nobody at the door, no trucks making deliveries, so I have no idea what she was barking at.

I wanted to go out shopping this morning for greeting cards (3 college graduations coming up) but since it's raining and messy Bob doesn't want to get the car dirty.  He washed it yesterday too.   It's suppose to clear by afternoon so I'll wait until then. 

 I also want to get a smoke bomb to put in the woodchuck hole which is under our shed.  It  comes out to eat the scattered bird seed and my flowers.  I'd take a shot at it if it would get out in the yard some, I don't want to hit the shed or worse yet our white fence.  As a kid, I was a pretty good shot.  We went out behind the barn with tin cans to practice.  Now with tri-focals there is no guarantee.  I never saw an old Annie Oakley! 

Bob is still suffering  His doctor hasn't returned his call.  He called another Doctor and got an appointment at 10:40am, on Wednesday.  After his appointment he felt better and we went downtown.  Back home he filled the bird feeders and put one smoke bomb down the woodchuck hole.  He just keeps pushing.  Okay Bob, enough go rest.

WEDNESDAY: 
Mornings are cool again. 
I cooked and froze a pound of bacon for a new dip to make this weekend.  It's call BLT.  One of the Holiday Rambler ladies made it this past weekend at our camp out and it was so good.  A good bacon flavor.  

SIMPLE BLT DIP  - HOLIDAY RAMBLER LADIES
8 oz.  Sour Cream
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 cup of cooked bacon, crumbled
2 large tomatoes-diced
Mix together and serve on top of lettuce.  (or in a bowl) Served with crackers. 

Bob went to his appointment and then slept the rest of the day away.
Eric arrived home for the summer from Utica College.  He drove all the way so his leg surgery must not be to trouble some.  

THURSDAY:
We needed a few more groceries for the weekend so I checked all my supplies and got ready to go to Tops.  As I was leaving Tops the highway was jammed up and police cars were about.  So I put the Escape in reverse and went out the other way.  It was right in front of the bank so I thought maybe a robbery.  Later in the day I checked the Batavian on line and it said someone had hit a person on a bicycle.  It was just a week ago when a young boy was hit and killed on a bicycle in front of David and Donna's house in Lancaster. 

We had lunch and I rested reading a mystery book. When I got up I fixed a casserole for supper before taking Bob to doctor again at 3:45pm. Driving back into our yard, we noticed the bird feeder that we just filled had emptied out in this wind. Darn location, always wind. Bob slept a couple hours.  Supper wasn't quite ready when Betsy got home so she mowed the lawn for us.

FRIDAY: 
We drove up to Eastern Hills to pick up the maps requested at AAA.  Trying to make the most of our gas mileage; we thought to work in Bob's fitting for a tuxedo at Tuxedo Junction.  I'm surprised he went for it as he looked like a letter "S".  His back was really out of line.

I'm still trying to put together my wedding wardrobe so I went to Bon Ton to look around.  I did find shoes which are dressy and they are wedgies.  Hope to heck I can walk in them without falling off!
We didn't stay long as I wanted Bob to rest again before the 3rd doctor's visit at 4:30.   We had supper at L.B. Grand and returned home.  We then spent the rest of the evening getting clothes ready for Rocky's graduation Saturday morning.
SATURDAY:
We had our alarms set for 6:00am.  Everybody up and at em!  We left home about 7:15am and arrived at Niagara University about 8:30am.   One of the parking lot attendants left us in to handicapped parking real close to the Gallagher Hall where the commencement was being held.  Lucky break!
The hall was freezing cold when we first found seats.  Then they turned the air off and it was miserable hot.  Rocky had 8 tickets so
Grandma Antoinette, Bob and I, his God Mother Donna, God Father Nick, Uncle Louis, Joe  and Annalynn used them.  Betsy, David, Donna, and Aunt Barb & children went to another building to watch the program on TV.  Joe and Louis was given tickets because Christianna was surprising us all by joining the class for her Associates Degree.  (Daddy said, you can't get  married until you have a degree!)  Louis is Christianna's God father.  Another surprise to all of us was Rocco walking in the procession as he is on the Board of Advisers at Niagara.  Rocco and Debbie had special seats in the front row.  Rocco was invited to present Christianna & Rocky their diplomas on stage. 
CONGRATULATIONS ROCKY!

CONGRATULATIONS CHRISTIANNA!



THE  CHEERING SECTION!
   JOE, ANNALYNN, UNCLE LOUIS, GOD FATHER NICK, GRANDMA CAROLINE,
GRANDMA ANTOINETTE AND AUNT DONNA






CHEERING SECTION #2  IN THE OTHER BUILDING WATCHING THE TV OF THE PROGRAM.





Very happy and proud of our grandchildren!  That's one graduation day finished; two more to go. 

SUNDAY:
Debbie and Rocco hosted a great Recognition Dinner for the graduates; combined with Mother's Day greetings.  We had nice weather and everyone could eat outside on the patios.

That's our week; HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!

GOLDEN GRAM

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rocky and Christianna! Good Luck! (p.s. I'm finished, too! with my teacher certification!) Wow what a year!
    Love,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Congratulations Michelle. So happy for you. Now on to a new life style, right?

      Delete