Sunday, May 27, 2012

HE IS A GRADUATE -  WITH A DG AWARD!
MONDAY:
We went to bed real early last night-pooped after the return trip from RI.  I think it was before 9:00pm.
Bob had mentioned getting up early to start cleaning the pool before it warmed up outside.  So we were up by 6:45 am, had coffee and went out.
We got the pool cover off ourselves but we will have to wait for help to fold it up and stuff it in the storage bag. 
FOLDING UP POOL COVER


IT DOESN'T LOOK TO DIRTY

We then started sweeping the winter accumulation off the pool bottom.  It's work but I love my pool.   Bob had to leave for another Chiropractor appointment so I came in and changed a load of wash.  When I went back outside I started to pull weeds.  Oh my gosh, the dirt is so dry that the tops of weeds break right off.  By the time Bob was back it was too hot to work.  Once we get the pool clean, we can work and take a quick dip to cool off. 

That evening, Bob worked on the computer creating an account for us with  the First Niagara bank.  (a must do since HSBC sold out)  He thought it was pretty simple.  (Last Friday the First Niagara bank took over all accounts)

TUESDAY:
Bob was out working on the pool again.  He has the ladder and railings up now.  The Creepy Crawler is running to clean the bottom.  He has been miserable with a chills and a cough all day. 

Highlight of  my day was the grocery store.  Not really!  Then to make supper. 

In the evening, I worked in the Quicken program.  The First Niagara Bank had downloaded quite a few duplicate entries, I suppose to make sure they caught them all.  So I went about matching and deleting.  Everything else looks okay except we can't load the Master Card file yet. 
WEDNESDAY:
I love it when I sleep good and get up early.  One can linger over their coffee, watch the news etc.  That's what I did, I earned it and I deserved it.  Too soon the peace and quite ended; as Bob was up barking (cough) and Sarah made her breakfast and had an 9:30 am appointment so I hung back to shower.  I had a hair appointment at 11:30 but I didn't have to hurry.  Bob refused to ride along and go to his doctor.  Okay Bob.

After I went to Debbie's and worked on a couple projects.  Annalynn  went out and brought home lunch.   Annalynn has a big test tomorrow and she tried to study but she would rather work on the fun stuff instead of studying.  Who wouldn't?   
I drove home in time to help make supper.  We promised Sarah her favorite meal again-Parmesan chicken, brown rice & asparagus.  We make a sauce using Chive & Onion Cream cheese and pour it all over.  It is delicious!  However, it takes too many pots and pans; the kitchen looks like  Martha was here cooking.  Plus it was hot in the kitchen because we have to brown the chicken breading and then put it in the oven until all done.  I'm telling you right now, I made a comment-this is a winter dish,  to hot for slaving over a burner. 
I had 6 red geraniums to plant before they die in the boxes so when Bob offered to help, I jumped on that!  Our goal has been to plant as many perennials as possible so we don't have to buy each year but one of Betsy's friends was selling these for a charity.   They are so small I didn't even take a photo.  These ruffled ones I planted last week.

RUFFELED GERANIUMS


THE HEATHER LOOKS GOOD BUT THE FOXGLOVE DIDN'T COME BACK THIS YEAR.


THERE'S ONE BLOSSOM ON THE CHERRY TOMATO

I've read the mail and a Blog now it's time for relaxing again.  If nothing on TV; I'll read.
THURSDAY:
After breakfast, I went back up to Lockport again to help Debbie with the wedding favors.  We have about half of them finished.
I started home about 4:00pm.  For dinner, the bridal party was on their way to NY City (Bachelorette Party) and we had a pizza  for them all.   

GO HAVE FUN LADIES!  


CHRISTIANNA IS IN CHARGE; GPA TOLD HER TO KEEP EVERYONE IN LINE! 


FRIDAY:
It was nice outside this morning, so we hustled out to start putting out the patio furniture before it got to hot.  The furniture is all stored under our porch which is not very handy; you can't stand up straight under there.  But piece by piece we pulled it out and then we set up the two tables and chairs.  We had to put the legs on the tables; so down on the cement we worked.  Bob would grunt and cough, and I was groaning getting up and down.  I shouldn't use the new knee for kneeling.  A real comedy team!  Then the umbrellas.  I was so excited, I love the patio all ready for company.
Now if the pool would heat up.  I did stick my feet in and it's cold.

After lunch Bob went downtown for more cough medicine.  Dr. Harron finally called back last night about 10:45pm.  No antibiotics, too many pills now but take this type of cough syrup.   
While Bob was gone I started to fix my fruit dish that I'm bringing to Lancaster tomorrow for  Alex's graduation reception.  All of a sudden, it started to thunder and then pour.  I closed the porch windows, then our bedroom window and then I ran out to put the umbrellas down.  Too late the wind was so bad; one umbrella was bent.  I was completely drenched! 
SATURDAY:
Today is graduation for grandson, Alex. 

All gussied up; Betsy drove us to Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) for the 11:00 ceremony.  We posted my handicapped flag and was ushered right along.  There was shuttle buses to take us to the next area of golf cart shuttles.  I most always carry my cane so crowds don't push me and to put on the biggie scene that I'm old and decrepit so we get a ride.  It works every time!
Donna had saved seats for us close to the front.  We were on the isle that Alex walked in by.  To give you an idea how big RIT is; they had 5 ceremonies scheduled for Saturday and 5 for Sunday of the different degrees.  It's a big, beautiful campus. 



IT'S OVER, HE IS A GRADUATE! 


ERIC, DONNA, ALEX AND DAVID 



CONGRATULATIONS GRANDSON-SO PROUD OF YOU!

After the photo session, we all headed for home to pick up the fruit dish and let the dog out,  then on to Lancaster.  Donna & David hosted a dinner reception for Alex. 

Back at Stringham Drive, I made a cup of coffee, feed the dog, washed out Bob's shirt and put my pj's on, @ 7:30 pm I hit the sack.  Nuf for this old gal!
SUNDAY:
I got up early and made my coffee; then I started looking for the New York City cupcakes for breakfast. What to heck, the wedding party left Sarah off in the middle of the night. I sent Bob to check the garage refrig...nothing! The truth now comes out-Sarah had texted her Mom to ask if she should bring home cupcakes and her Mother told her no, she didn't want any. Well, wait a minute lady, there is others living in this house! I was bummed!

Today is the ROTC graduation for Alex. Back to RIT for a 1:00pm ceremony of just nine cadets.   There was reserved seats for all families of cadets.

Each cadet could invite the person to present the commission of 2nd Lieutenant.  Alex had invited Capt. Daniel Harrison from "Ole Miss".  (Did you catch that Donna W?  Ole Miss)  Alex had met him at last summer's boot camp.  Capt. Daniel flew up and joined us for the two days.  Very nice southern boy! 



CAPTAIN DANIEL HARRISON AND ALEX

CAPT. HARRISON - RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND REPEAT AFTER ME.


THE FIRST SALUTE.


ON STAGE: FAMILY MEMBERS HAD THE HONORS OF PLACING THE 2ND LT. BARS.
DONNA, ALEX, DAVID, ERIC

Just before the end of the ceremony, one of the speakers presented the qualifications for the Distinguished Graduate (DG) award.  The DG is a chosen person who excels in leadership ranking, additional efforts, and top 10% GPA standing of the ROTC cadets of 144 colleges or 1950 graduates this year.   He was saying that some years there isn't a qualified  DG.  However, this year the award shall be presented to ALEX RINDO!  OMG! OMG!  We all jumped up out of our seats, whooping and crying, and thrilled for Alex. 

 
ALEX ACCEPTING THE DISTINGUISHED GRADUATES  AWARD.

After the ceremony there was a reception with hors d'oeuvres.  Time for more photos.


OUR CHANCE TO SEE THE AWARD



YESTERDAY WAS OUR FIRST CHANCE TO MEET ERIN - ALEX'S GIRLFRIEND.




THE ARTH & RINDO SUPPORTERS

We headed out for dinner at Lickty Lips.  Good BBQ joint.  I have Bob's dress shirt soaking as he has BBQ sauce all over it.  Someone in our group said, it looks like he killed the pig himself!

What a wonderful day. 

So that completes plan A, B, and C.  Now onto  plan D (the wedding) this coming weekend.  GMA & GPA will have to get rested up and hopefully get over these cold symptoms. 

Have a great week everyone and thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM

2 comments:

  1. OMG, OMG. Is right! Terrific news with all the graduates and distinction! You can be very proud of your family's accomplishments!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Go, Alex! Congratulations on your success!

    ReplyDelete