Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nasty Camping Weather

SUNDAY:
YES!
I forgot and everyone is waiting to hear.  Annalynn got the job!  She  was interviewed three times.  How about that nerve job?  I think she told me she would start next week.   An income after four years, thank you God. 





MONDAY:
Labor Day!  Not here.  We had beautiful weather and we all enjoyed the outdoors.   Sarah was studying for the CPA exam in the sun, I was reading a book on the Ipad, and Betsy was sun bathing.  Bob took a nap under the gazebo, we could hear him snoring!    The pool was just right, walk right in.  Great Day!

After super, we had a delicious dessert that Betsy and Sarah had made.


PEANUT BUTTER PIE WITH CARMEL, PECANS AND HOT FUDGE DRIZZLED ACROSS THE TOP.  Very Rich.

Betsy put about 10 new books on her Ipad for me to read.  Then we watched a movie together and said our goodbyes to Sarah before going to bed as she was leaving bright and early to return to Bryant. 

TUESDAY:
I checked the computer first thing.  I had a photo from son
David.  They had been on their deep sea fishing trip and Donna caught the only Tarpon.  Our feminine Donna fishing!  I'll bet she was excited.





LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT FISH! CONGRATULATIONS DONNA.
I headed out to the Farmer's Market and Tops grocery store.  I thought Tops would be extra busy with the First Tuesday 6% off but it wasn't.  I had so much on my lists that I got tired looking for everything.  Well, I had to make it complicated and figure out if the sales were better than the product right beside it.  That takes time.  I ended up with $12. 84 for the 6% savings.  I had about $9.00 something in coupons also.  They double up to $1.00 so that helps.  What a bunch of bologna with the coupons; why don't they just lower the price. 

Once home we unloaded everything and had lunch.  We enjoy a fresh roll and fresh lunch meat after each shopping trip.  Lunch meat party!

Since I didn't lift a finger yesterday, I had the wash to do today.  So that's in the works.

It started raining about 2:30pm.  I ran around closing windows.  We need the rain, the pool is down beneath the first step.  It rained until 6 o'clock and then started to get foggy.  At least it's not a hurricane.

I was up during the night about four times so I'm tired tonight.  Guess I'll give it up for today.

WEDNESDAY:

I was up early and the house was still cool so I hurried downstairs to take care of the drip dry laundry.  I had one blouse to press so I hemmed and hawed and finally set up the ironing board.  I was out of energy by then.  I pulled a chair over and ironed while sitting down.  Plum Lazy!

Bob did a couple errands downtown.  He picked up my new meds and I have since read the directions and reactions: sounds like the same problem with the previous meds.  Hoa, Hoa!  The co-pay was $90.00 on one of the meds, I hope that I'm not allergic.

Dana Stringham, owner of the back field, called Bob today to give us a heads up.  He heard there are lots of rumors flying around concerning the field.  "Yes, it is for sale, he has 3 prospective buyers, and he will not allow rental units to be built."   So here we go again.

After supper when it cooled down some, we carried some food out to the motor home as we are camping this weekend.  It was so hot outside today it's a wonder the paint doesn't slide off the house.   I guessed the pool would be cold after the rain yesterday so I putzed around from one thing to  another. 

THURSDAY:
I packed my clothes to put in the camper and took them out.  Then I packed meds and cosmetics; while doing that I cleaned out under the bathroom sink.  Stuff just get shoved in there.
We are all asked to bring something to share at the Continental breakfast on Sunday so I baked some muffins.  The package was only for 6 muffins so I made two batches.  Well, they turned out so small that I'm not taking them.  I'll go to Tops in the morning and buy something before leaving.
 I made a dried beef cheese ball and that looks okay.  I cut up a cantaloupe and put supper in the crock pot.  I was just a whiz this morning.

It rained hard in the afternoon.  Good thing we made all our trips to the motor home earlier.

FRIDAY:

We went over to Tops for the fresh muffins.  A few other items too.
We finished packing and prepared to leave.  Cinderella had gone in the motor home to help us pack and she was nice and comfortable on the couch.  She didn't come out when we called her-she was going camping too.  So we went in the garage for about 20 minutes and she finally came walking into the garage, "what's going on?" was on her face. Then her head goes down when we open the door to the house and tell her to go in.  It's so hard to leave her. 

We are going to the campground called "Branches of Niagara" and it is on Grand Island.  It's reality new and we have never been there before this trip.  They have WiFi, a heated pool and an 8 acre pond for fishing and there is a zip line to ride.  Can you see the "gray hairs" riding that zip line.  Oh, Boy. 
We arrived about 1:00pm.  After set up, we had cocktails with the group.  Then drove off to a restaurant to have the Friday Fish Fry. 

 It was still  warm when we returned to camp so the guys started a fire.  Bob was so happy to get to use his new hatchet that he received for Christmas.  I brought out the makings for smores and we all enjoyed one.
SATURDAY:
It poured during the night!  It poured about breakfast time with nasty winds.
I don't know if it was the tail end of Issac or not, but it was the tail end of something. 
 My umbrella blew up the road towards the lake.  I ran after it and got wet. 



It's wet out there.


Our awning was rolled out and it was just a humming and taking a beaten.  It sounded like the Little Drummer Boy.  I said to Bob, I'd rather be soaked completely than buy a new awning, let's go put it up.

NASTY WEATHER!


AWNING JUST A FLAPPING!

So out we go, I had the awning pull down strap in my hand while Bob release the clamps to arms.  Whosss the awning flapped up and over the motor home roof; the pull down strap snapped and left me holding it.  When we finally managed to pull it off the roof and reroll it, it was crooked.  Bob had to go up and pulled it back to fit.  I had 3 dryers full of clothes to dry.  Love my Splendie! 

BOB TUGGING ON THE AWNING.

The ladies who were preparing the meal, cooked everything inside their motor homes. We had sausage, scrambled eggs and biscuits with Home Gravy. Um mm!
It was still nasty so Bob and John delivered the plates full to each unit by car. The first time we have had Meals On Wheels at a camp grounds.




MEALS  DELIVERED.

After lunch it had cleared off so Bob and I went fishing.  I was the lucky one this time.  I caught two nice ones and gave my pole to Bob for luck.  He was trying to use his fly rod and the wind just was to strong and the line wouldn't follow thru the arm procedure. 



MY PERCH

MY  BIG MOUTH BASS

3:30pm: We all gathered again for cocktails and the sky was black and nasty looking, it rained again.  We were invited into the National Director's coach.  What a camp out.  It had it's way and finally blew out so we all returned outside and dinner was started. 


A FRIEND'S DOG - DAISY: SHE LOVES THE PUDDLES.  

There wasn't much activity after supper.  We visited but a fire was never built.  So when it started to get damp, I went inside to read.
 
SUNDAY:
We had a Continental breakfast.  Then we had a special presentation by one of the campers with her dogs.  She taught them sign language.  They would sit, stay, lay down, shake hands, and come all by sign language.  We were all impressed.






We said our good-bys and went back to motor home to start packing.  Check out was at 11:00.  It sprinkled some on the drive home but nothing like what we had at camp.
 
Betsy had dinner planned as Alex & Erin were bringing over some more wine bottles to drill.  Also, David & Donna came to show us their photos of their trip to Puerto Rico.  Donna brought all the fixings for a new rum drink that they had in PR.  Coconut rum, pineapple-coconut juice.  It was very good.

It's now 9:35  and the Steelers are on TV so guess I'll post this and go watch the game. 


Hope everyone has a good week.  Thanks for clicking in each time.
 
GOLDEN GRAM














1 comment:

  1. LOL.... I loved seeing pictures of Roscoe and Murphy on yours and Bob's Blogs! ALMOST time to start my new blog! I will try to remember to check back here EVERY Sunday! It was a GREAT weekend, rain and all.

    ReplyDelete