Sunday, November 18, 2012

ENGAGEMENT PARTY

MONDAY:
Hay, Cinder and I have the house to ourselves as Bob has gone to join the boys at the fishing creek.  It might be the last warm day.  Oh, his back is still bothering him but he put on his back brace and then had me help wrap duct tape all around his waist.  Okay Bob.   So then I said, "I suppose you have to go pee now?" 
Yesterday, GS Eric sent me a text saying thanks for the box of grub.  I  just pick up stuff in the grocery store that's 2 for 1 or Bogo. (Buy One Get One)   Everything and anything should help.  I remember when Bob was in college and on our trips home; my Dad & Mom and the neighbor Mom would load up our car trunk with potatoes, cabbage, baked bread, canned goods etc.  That helped a lot.  We had this old bluish gray Plymouth that we called the Gray Goose.  It burned alot of oil, it farted and puffed, up and down the mountains to Penn State.  ( yes Bob gave up his hot rod Ford)  One trip we had a tire blow out and we had to unload everything in the trunk to get to the tire tools. 
Oh in the same time period, we lived in a mobile home  park with many college families; occasionally the wives got together to do hair styles.  We set our hair on rollers using beer for a stiffener.  I'm telling you right now, the hair  was stiff!  Watch that idea be repeated now and everyone will think it's a newbie! 
Bob returned home about 5:00pm; he hadn't caught a fish, while the others had caught several.  I think he is always lighting his pipe and misses the bites.  Ha! 
After supper we talked to Alex on Face Time.  However, the call wouldn't work on Betsy's Ipad so she used her phone to do Face Time.  He showed us his room, and his note book with assignments.  We had a short visit. 
Then we watched the Steeler's game.  It wasn't to exciting until it went into overtime and Timmons made an interception which turned into a win for the Steeler's.  After all their efforts to keep Big Ben healthy, he went down  and hurt his shoulder and he went out, not to return the rest of the game. 
TUESDAY:
Wow, it's cold.  Big change in temps.    I was up early but laid on the sofa and went to sleep again!  That's getting to be a habit.
We went downtown about noon and made several stops, ending up at the Office For The Aging to talk to the insurance providers again.  Still comparing features with prices. 
I had thin chicken slices defrosting for supper.  Betsy was late coming home as she had to go buy a turkey to fix on Friday for the employees at work for their Thanksgiving dinner.  I had everything ready so while I waited for her I answered a couple e-mails. 
She helped me fry the chicken.  (Sarah favorite dinner)  The breading is Ritz crackers and Parmesan cheese.  Then the creamy white sauce for the rice and veggies.  (Philadelphia cream cheese with onion & chives, mixed with chicken soup base)   It's good.

While Bob watched his stories on TV, I did some more scrap booking.  I'm pleased with myself; I finished the 2010 Christmas photos and they are ready to go in an album.  I just have to find the album to add them too; now where did I put that?
WEDNESDAY:
When I  got up this morning I had a couple of jobs on my plate.  But as usually I kinda did what I felt like.  I got to playing with the phone camera taking photos.  I had set the cheese ball ingredients out to warm up.   I was suppose to be working on everything for this weekend-Annalynn's and Mark's engagement party this Saturday.  While I was wrapping the present, I realized what I needed for my next photo project so I went on line to Creative Memories to pick that out.  I did get the gift wrapped. 
While doing all this I could hear a chain saw outside.  I went and looked around; our neighbor to the north of our house was cutting down some more pine trees.  The trees have been leaning our way and he was worried about them coming down on our side.  He cut down two of them.  I'm glad there gone but there is still three big ones left on the property line.  It seems so funny because now we can see into his back yard; and vice versa.
In the afternoon and again in the evening, I spent hours picking out photos to send for developing.  Deleting the bad ones took some of that time.
THURSDAY:
Today the girls from work were taking me out for my birthday.  It was also one of their birthdays.  By the time I was ready to go they were here to pick me up.  We went to Sunny's in the mall.  I had the Julianne salad which was very good.  Well, a 1/2 order.  After cards and gifts; I got my phone out for photos.  I took one and then the darn thing kept going on video.  Rats!  That started a good time.  One other tried her phone but she needed instructions and we all got to laughing because we looked just like the kids that come to supper and can't put the phones down, only with grey hair. 
When I got home, Bob was still out at the dentist so I started to make the Chex mix for the party.  When he returned we had our four o'clock coffee and looked at the photos that he picked up at Wal*Mart for me. 



BETSY FOUND THESE CONTAINERS ON
TUPPERWARE WEB SITE ON SALE.
Then I realized that Betsy had to take a turkey to work tomorrow so I had Bob bring it up to kitchen from the garage refrig.  It was still frozen so I had to soak it in cold water for a couple hours.  Then I cleaned it.  When she got home it was like a frenzy in the kitchen.   Take care of the turkey, make a pineapple upside down cake for one of the employees birthday, and thennnnnnnnnnnnn she wanted to make cupcakes with a new recipe.  Plus we cooked supper in between.  Wow!  Full plate.  I felt like Cinderella!  Cinderella, Cinderella wash the dishes, clean the floor.  Cinderella! 


BETSY FILLING CUPCAKES WITH PUDDING.

 

CUPCAKES DECORATED WITH THE NEW COOL WHIP ICING
TO LOOK LIKE TURKEYS
(Cool Whip came out with a new icing product)


THE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE TURNED OUT GOOD.  THAT DOESN'T USUALLY HAPPEN WHEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE A CAKE SOMEWHERE. 

That's it for today, let's see what tomorrow brings.  Jammie time!

FRIDAY:
Bob was gone to Albion Ford garage , taking the car for inspection and oil change when I hailed out of bed.  After breakfast I went thur my closet  and picked up the bedroom.  What will I wear tomorrow night to the party?   Later, I paid some bills and all that entails. 
Bob was gone a long time, so I called to see if there was a problem with the car.  (9-1:30)  He first told me that it took that long with the car, the next story was he was riding around looking for fishing spots. ah huh!  Okay Bob. 
We decided to go shopping at Eastern Hills.  He wanted to go to the fishing store with his coupons and I had coupons for Bon-Ton.  Oh my gosh, was Bon-Ton a mess.  They were moving every department; two floors.  Wouldn't you think they would wait till after Christmas shopping to do that?  Empty racks and shelves all over the place as merchandise hadn't been put back up.  I found a couple things then went to the car.  We had previously agreed on a hour each and Bob wasn't back yet.  So I called and he was still shopping.  Talk about women shopping.  After a quick meal at Five Guys we headed home.  Traffic was horrible; stop and go.  People had plans apparently.
SATURDAY:
The shed was covered with a heavy frost when I got up.  It's better than snow!  I suppose the deer hunters would be happy if it were snow.  Today opens shot gun season until Dec. 11th.  I hope they stay away from our area.  We probably won't see deer in the field until that's over.
I just got a package of Chex Mix ready to mail to Alex.  Bob then took it down to post office for me, I hope it gets there by turkey day so he has something from home.  No cookies, he is not a sweets eater.
Betsy put together her two recipes for the party; meatballs and mini hot dogs each in a separate sauce and crockpot.  One sauce has cranberry sauce the other peach jam. 
I finished decorating my Ugly Trees on the landing of the steps.  They are el-cheapo trees from Michael's but they make up very pretty.  I had trouble with the manger staying together. (It's a take apart and lay flat deal for storage)  Back in 1957, Bob made it with very few tools available because we still lived in the mobile home.  The figurines are all that old too, I bought them while working in W. T. Grant in State College.  They are a treasure, some are marked 29 cents.  I doubt that they are Fontanini products. 
Bob was busy in the garage.  He engineered a place to store his hip/wader boots for fishing.  He called me to "come see!"  The boots are in a hanger type thingie, and he and Betsy rigged up a pulley system to pull the boots up to the ceiling to dry. 

THE WADERS GOING UP!  EVERYTHING IN THAT CORNER THAT HE NEEDS FOR FISHING

We left for the party about 5ish.  We had one deer about to come across the road but Betsy spotted it and luckily it turned and went back in the field.  There was a little bit of fog out. 
I'll just put in some pics to tell the party story:




MARK'S PARENTS; CLAIRE & LOU, ANNALYNN & MARK
THEY WERE ALL BUSY HELPING DEBBIE WITH THE COOKING & SETTING UP WHEN WE ARRIVED.



 

CLAIRE'S SISTERS, MARSHA & MICHELLE
THEIR A CLIP WHEN TOGETHER!
SO GLAD WE GOT TO MEET THEM.





DELICIOUS CARROT CAKE!



GOODIES
 




 
THEIR FRIENDS
 



 
 
 


GIFTS






WEDDING ATTENDANTS
Just our Sarah missing-I think.




 DEBBIE GETS IT DONE AND REMAINS BEAUTIFUL!
GOOD JOB EVERYONE!


 We left about 9:15pm, the fog was terrible.  We crawled home, arriving about 10:30.  Everyone went to bed!

SUNDAY:
I'm the only one up this early.  Well!  Happy Birthday to me and all the other November gals and dolls.   I had a birthday text wish bright and early
from camper friends.  Then several more texts later.  Geesh, I can't type that fast!  Thanks to all of you.

We spent time going thru the photos of last night and then putting them in the blog.  Again, Bob had 70 some photos and David had around 200,  One can tell that it doesn't cost a penny to click, click, click.

Bob brought some Christmas decorations into the garage from the shed.    I went out to help him put them up as I needed a break.  Betsy had chicken all ready to go in the oven so I put that in first.   



THE FIRST TREE! 
WE HAVE ONE FOR EACH END OF GARAGE. 


I think I will post early as I want to watch the football game later tonight.  How did you guess?   8:20pm  - "The Steelers".   

Have a good week everyone.  We will be baking and eating again in 4 days.  Looking forward to the college kids coming home.  Miss ya Alex! 
Have a great Thanksgiving!  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM











No comments:

Post a Comment