Sunday, April 14, 2013

LOTS OF TV, TRAVEL PLANS, NEW ACQUAINTANCES!

MONDAY:
I think we killed the flying ants!  I don't see any around this morning. 
I have the wash going: ah for the day when we take our clothes off and throw them in the trash.  Maybe a paper type, maybe it's coming.

 I sat at the computer most of the day.  I can't wait until all the old accounts are closed.  But, I'm very happy to report that we were able to down load all the charges on the Visa Card!  Yeah!  I don't have to type them in any more, one at a time.   I'm giddy over that one.  I know, I sound like we have millions of charges; that's not the case as we only use it for medicines and a few other items.  The bank  encourages with "cash back" for all kinds of use-like groceries-no, no, I'm thinking that's how people get big build ups of charges and can't pay them in the current month.  I'm to insecure for that.

We watched the basketball game between Louisville and Michigan.  It was one close game and I really had my hopes up for Michigan.  They came out strong with the best score the first half; then fought like mad to stay even.  Good try on their part.  Well, if NY or Ohio couldn't win, why not Michigan?
There was a terrible thunder and lighting storm about 12:00pm.  Bob (like a kid) asked me to open the blinds so he could enjoy it.  Sure, what ever floats your boat honey. 

TUESDAY:
First job today was to bake Bob's favorite Brownie.  It's his 76th birthday and since we already celebrated a couple weeks ago with the family , nothing big time is planned for tonight.  He requested grilled cheeseburgers and beans, brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  He's not to hard to please.  Of course, he loaded up with the hot fudge and whipped cream!
Most of the family called to wish him a good day.

We went over town today, did some shopping at Home Depot, Wal Mart and BJ's.  Arriving home in time to make our 4 o'clock coffee. 
We needed a new toilet seat for downstairs bath.  Bob has it installed already and we are all amazed and laughing.  It's Whisper Silent-meaning it closes itself with out banging down.  Doesn't everyone need one?  Ha!
(You have to start the closing)
 
WEDNESDAY:
 Foggy day; we can't see the woods out back. 

What we did do today, drained us.  First I set up some soup in the crock pot.  There was a recipe on the saltine cracker box that looked good so thought I'd try it.  It called for Italian sausage; none in the freezer.  We did have some patties so I used them and made small meatballs.  When I had it all together it looked like I had used to much spinach-the juice was green!  Wonder how "green soup" will be accepted?  I probably needed fresh spinach instead of frozen.
I had an appointment for a hair cut in Lockport so we drove there.  After we did some shopping until Debbie would be home from work.  A quick coffee clutch there and we headed home.  Rain most of the day.
Aha, the soup was good.  It didn't look green anymore.  After supper, I just couldn't keep my eyes open; so I napped trying to watch  TV.   Then off to bed.
THURSDAY:
This morning, our little piece of the world is covered with ice.  The trees and shrubs are beautiful!  I haven't heard any limbs crushing down yet so that's good.  It's suppose to last until tomorrow morning.  Just when you think the worst of winter is over. 





ICE EVERYWHERE.

I am making stuffed shells this morning.  Because I consider it a job, I'm not waiting until I'm to tired to start.  I have bought the ingredients on three different times and for one reason or another they haven't been made, the ingredients are used for other recipes.   I figure since I hate to cook that I would make two dishes and freeze one.  Well, I putzed around finding the correct baking dishes.  This time I cooked the big shells a few at a time so as not to ruin them by stirring.  Grandma Antoinette Surace told me to only cook lasagna noodles 4 to 6 minutes so I figure that applies to big shells too.  (Because you have to bake them anyway.) 



BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG TIME FOR THESE.

After we had "green soup" for lunch I made up a bowl of salad for supper.  Dinner is all prepared and I can do what ever now.  Why don't I always plan this way?
I'm very bad about planning a weekly menu unless I'm on a diet.  If I did it life would be so much easier and I'd probably save money too.  Ah, the shame of it.  Nah, at 4:00pm I go to the freezer and hope something will suggest a meal; too late sweetheart.
FRIDAY:
All week long I have been thinking about a story posted on Face Book about how a young person put down an older woman about using material shopping bags instead of plastic.  It was a big hit as to how we the "gray hairs" ruined the earth for their generation.  Then the rebuttal, which was defended very well.  I could easily add a for instances; we had the containers to sort the tin cans and glass and put them out to the curb faithfully until I noticed the garbage pick up- all the garbage was tossed into the same area of the truck by young employees.   That's very deflating; why bother.    Anyway, it's food for thought as to how we all can take another look.  I should have called the pick up company. 

This afternoon, (GD)Annalynn called.  She had made a decision.  I think I mentioned that she had applied to do her PHD degree at several schools.  (Boston, Pittsburgh, UB, U of R, Ohio, maybe one other)  She has chosen U of R in Rochester.  I am so happy!  I hated the thought of her moving far away as I would miss her.  But little peeps have to spread their wings so I would accept & adjust.  She will start in the fall.  She and Mark will  be married by then and maybe they will settle in Rochester.
SATURDAY:
Both of us slept late.  Again I hopped from one idea to another with out much concentration.  Bob had a project going in the garage so he went right at it.  I ended up cleaning, ugh.
Our biggest accomplishment for the day was studying and planning our trip to Washington, DC.  (Debbie, Annalynn, Christianna and several others are going to run in the Nike Leukemia race there on the 28th)  We have a reservation for Sat. night but couldn't find it on the map.  Success after many resources used we tracked down the street.  Then we moved on to the Metro train layout from hotel to destinations.  We still need to see a schedule for the train.  Christianna has reservations for Friday night dinner for all at Carmine's.  Carmine's is all over New York City and just opened a place in DC.  It's a pasta house and the menu is on a huge board hung on a wall. We have to see the train route there.  We worked until 1:00am and finally gave it up.
SUNDAY:
Today we were invited to dinner with David & Donna for an introduction to Erin's parents (Alex's fiancee) and to see that engagement ring.  Donna made reservations at Bohn's which is just a couple blocks from our house, which was about half way for each family to drive. 

TERRY, ERIN AND PAMELA
I'd say we are on first name bases now. 

Donna, Me, David, Bob, Terry, Erin and Pamela.


We started right off with a toast to the engagement.  Then we chit chatted for several hours getting to know each other.  It was a fun time and we all enjoyed ourselves.  Erin called Alex on Face Time and we included him for a few minutes each.   There were several conversations about the future wedding but Erin needs time to study for finals now as she will be graduating from Brockport College in Nursing soon.   And then she has to take the board exams for a license...so busy, busy busy.   
When we returned home ...on goes the telly...we watched the end of the Masters.  A smashing finish! 

Now to get this posted and watch the rest of Mr. Selfridge on PBS.  I'm really increasing my TV time with all these dramas and specials events. 

Hope you all have a good week and a big thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM



No comments:

Post a Comment