Sunday, April 7, 2013

MINI BLIZZARDS, A ROBIN, LUNCHES!

MONDAY:
I had a rough night and slept late.  Then I stumble around trying to wake up.  I didn't feel like doing anything.   When Bob asked me if I still wanted to go shopping, I couldn't think of anything easier, so I said yes!  To heck with the washing and all. 

We started off and drove right into a Blizzard!  Then out of it and Sunshine.  We drove to Boulevard Mall area.  We went thru the Christmas House store as I wanted a tablecloth like Debbie had on her tables for Easter.  All GONE!  Workers were scrambling to change all the shelving to spring accessories with boxes in many of the isles.  It made the store look messy to say the least, maybe my attitude after the disappointment. 

Bob left me off at  A.C. Moore and he went to Lowe's.  I checked out all the candy making isles.  It was all 50% off.   I picked out one plastic form and one of the new silicone forms that Annalynn was telling me about plus some candy refill papers.  Then I had a coupon for 25% off total sales.  Go ahead make my day! 

While in there, my "old" knee went to pot...what ever happens to it-now and then it gets out of place or something,  I was getting stabs of pain.  That cramped my shopping and right away I get "ticked."   Might as well head for home as I never know how long it will last.  We picked up coffee and headed back to Batavia.

Getting back home that early I had to face making supper.  What a miserable day! 
TUESDAY:
Up late again.  I had nightmare theater last night.  I was searching through the waste basket for a winning lottery number and I pulled out margarine in long, long sticks.  How stupid!

I'm still gimping around, waiting on the knee to stop annoying me.  I sorted the washing, started it and sat at the computer.  Bob wanted to show me something and I wanted to pay bills.  I handed him the Sears bill to check out the final posting before payment while I worked on the Master Card invoice.  He had something else in mind and pushed it back at me.  We did a few things and he asked let's pay the Sears bill.  I said, "we can't until you check out the bill, you did the dealing!"   I wish you could have seen his face.  I laughed and said, do I have to say pretty please and put a marshmallow on it?   We both laughed!  Simple entertainment on a cold snowy day.  Well, it's more like another blizzard outside. 

WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL MINI BLIZZARDS
  WHAT'S UP WITH THIS?

WEDNESDAY:
 Now or never; I started to take down all the Easter decorations.  Each year I tell myself to throw out some of the old stuff; that's hard to do.  So I piled it all up on the dining room table, until I had the downstairs items gathered up.  Then I never got back to packing it up.  Some other thought came along to entertain me. 

I was having lunch with my girlfriends from our old camping group-"The Arguy's!"  So I quit all the house work and prepared myself and met the gang at Applebee's.  We were to meet at 1:00pm.  We had their lunch special of soup and sandwich or salad.  All of us choose the French Onion soup while two had the BLT and two had the salad.  It was very good.  Then they have a small sundae with one scoop of ice cream (called a shooter) and topping; we all enjoyed one of them.   We visited until 4:30pm.  I told them that I have to go and start supper.  I could hardly stand up when time to leave. 


 THURSDAY:
Wonders get done when up early.  I cleaned the whole refrigerator,  Bob was already off fishing with his friends at Godfrey's Pond.

HE SPOTTED A ROBIN!
I had about 45 minutes to relax before getting ready to go to lunch.  I had one scrap booking video that I had been notified was available on YouTube and then I searched for a few others.  I couldn't believe what some women are doing-they are making videos of everything they bought on sale or mark down.  I thought that kinda strange since they didn't show how they intended to put the purchases to use.  They call their videos-"Michael's Haul" or where ever they shop. 

Bob hustled home in time to shower and we went to lunch at Miss Batavia with our camping friends, Bob, Bonnie and their granddaughter, Alexus. 


Bonnie has been on a mission in Kenya & Uganda helping the people there.  The groups mission was to set up purified water systems, while Bonnie attended to health/nursing problems.  She told us that 11,000 babies die a year from illness due to impure water.  She had many beautiful pictures to see,  camels, zebras, cows, baboons etc.  Most of the people live in slums.  Any children (without parents or families) found in the streets are put in jail until they are 18.  It is apparent that all the money available stays at the top with management.  Truly sad.





FRIDAY:




Phew-all the Easter decorations are now wrapped, stuffed in boxes and put away until next year.  Now the house looks bare.  It took me most of the morning. 

Bob worked on his sign project for Rocco and about 2:30 he asked me to go with him to install it.  I had to hold things until he had it level.  Boy was it ever cold outside.  He tore the old boards off and the end 2 X 4's looked pretty weather beaten but replacement was not included in the plans.   We were done in about an hour and a half.  What an improvement; it sure looks nice with all the new vinyl.  
THE NEW SIGN

THE OLD SIGN

We watched TV for a while.  We tried a movie but it was very slow and dumb!  Then we watched series one of Breaking Bad.  Lots of action.  

SATURDAY:
 
 
Bob left early in the morning to join David up at Burt's Dam to go fishing.
 
I had the day to myself.  I fixed a gift basket for Betsy for one of the shower give aways.  It was all gardening items.  It came out pretty. 
 
Then I thought I would scrapbook and couldn't get motivated.  So then I decided to turn on the TV and watch some You Tube Videos on scrapping.  I picked up a couple ideas and went back to finish my pages. 
 
Bob came home about 5:30pm-"no fish on for either of them."   They had a beautiful day to be fishing. 
 
We watched both basketball games this evening.  We were very sorry to see Syracuse loose.  So many people were hoping they would win.
 
SUNDAY:
 
 
The whole day was spent cleaning and spraying for ants.  While I was scraping the other night, flying ants came at me.  That I can't stand.  Everything was moved out of my craft room, the floor vacuumed and then sprayed around the edges.   Bob also did the bath room.  Then we did the rec room.   Move all the furniture-same thing.  What a job, we are done in.
Maybe tomorrow we can tackle the laundry room.
 
Betsy picked up Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner.  That's the way to eat chicken! 
 
Looking forward to watching Mr. Selfridge on PBS tonight.  I'm enjoying the costumes in this series too.
 
Hope you all have a great week.  Thanks for clicking in. 
 
GOLDEN GRAM
 
 
 
 




 






No comments:

Post a Comment