Sunday, August 11, 2013

SUMMER COMPLAINT AS GRAM USED TO CALL IT!

MONDAY:
I came home from camping with a real snout full, lots of congestion.   I'm still taking the pills suggested by the pharmacist in Silver Creek and it makes me sleepy.  
I went on the computer to Blog and to change the background color.  I've done it before.  Well, I just wasn't "with it" as I screwed up the works.  All my right hand information disappeared!!!!  So I checked my last posting on Face Book and it was empty!!!!  No typing!!  Dear God, I never should have tried today.  Annoyed at myself, I shut down and went to lay down.
I have no idea what kind of afternoon we had as I slept thru it.  Betsy called me to get up for supper. 
TUESDAY:
More of the same.  A person likes to rest but then you think of all your work to do and it makes one feel guilty.  However, having a cold is comparable to a birthday; if you stretch it you get more attention; that's nice.  Then why do I feel so cruddy? 



 I had books to return to library so I did go there.  Oh, I picked up a new book by Lisa Scottoline-"DON'T GO" .  She is one of my favorite writers.   I couldn't find an area to put the book down so I read it all in one day. 

A VERY GOOD MYSTERY
 
WEDNESDAY:  Hay, I got a puff of energy.  I took the sheets off our bed and put them in the wash; had to get the snots off my pillow cover.  I dusted our room and Sarah's as she is coming home this weekend for a friends wedding.  I still have to do the floors.    Bob offered to help but I knew rain was predicted thus we felt he should stick to his outside jobs so he mowed the back field.  I asked for his help in the afternoon on the computer.  (If it rained)  He also washed our truck. 
 
After lunch, we started working on computer, reconciling, paying bills, one thing and another.  We worked together pretty good considering I was miserable.  He fixed my Blog!  Looks like I went button pushing  crazy on Monday, I had Google+ turned on-what ever that is?
 
I was tired by the time to make supper.  I didn't feel like a heavy meat dish.  We had some left over chicken so I cooked noodles and broccoli for pasta Alfreda with chicken.  We have a good sauce recipe to pour over top of all made with cream cheese, parm.   It's kinda heavy now that I think about it...winter dish.  It was graciously accepted by the chow hounds.
 
It's SHARK WEEK on TV.  I watched that some in the evening with Betsy.  I never knew there were so many kinds of them.  Boy, they have big mouths.  Funny, it's just background noise for Betsy.  She sat there with her lap top and phone and figured out how to change the channels on the TV with her phone.  Hay you, why did you change the program?  She is laughing!
THURSDAY:
 Wow, a second night of rain.  Hope it keeps the mugginess away. 
I shouldn't have to water plants for a day or two. 

Bob and I went for groceries as the last time Sarah was home the refrig was bear.  I already told Bob, no reading labels this time, get what we want and head home. 


A HUGE FLOWER POT DOWNTOWN,  THIS YEAR THEY PUT PLANTS AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE EVERGREEN.  THEY ARE PRETTY.  BATAVIA HAS A NEW SLOGAN ON THEIR POLE FLAGS--"MORE FEET DOWNTOWN".  THAT TELLS ONE THAT BATAVIA IS STRUGGLING TO STAY ALIVE.

I started a sewing project.  I want to replace the old pink cover on my bed neck pillow that matched sheets about ten years back. 



PINK & GREEN SLIP TO BE REPLACED.
Now that I think about it; I bought those sheets in FL. when David and Donna lived down there.  Oh, man they are older than ten years.
Since visiting MacKenzie Childs seeing all that color, I picked out some wild colors to match our current sheet set. 

 


It's been a long time since I have sewed anything.  I did remember how to fill the bobbin.  I had trouble seeing the hole in the needle to thread it; guess I should have had the cataracts removed.  Old age!  Quite by accident, I found if I made a shadow behind the needle then I could see the hole better. 
I measured and cut all my pieces, and started the hemming.  Then the ruffles.  I got the ruffles caught and they didn't look right, lost my patience's with the ripping of the seam.  Time to bundle it all up and mail it to my sister!   She would have it made in no time and ten others too.

I tried to finish it and stay up until Betsy and Sarah came in from the airport but I was to tired and sure that it would go together much better in the morning. They finally came about midnight.

FRIDAY:
Sarah left early in the morning using our truck for her hair appointment.  When she got home, it was after lunch and it was primp time!  While that's going on, it's best to just stay out of the way!  True to form, she frets and worries about her appearance. 

The wedding she was attending was her best friend's sister.  They live on Stringham Drive. 



ANNIE & SARAH
AFTER ALL THAT PRIMPING? 




MARK & SARAH
AT AMY'S WEDDING.

Mark and Sarah left about three o'clock.  Then it was quite and I tried to get a few things done.  Number one, fix the buttons on Sarah's jacket.  She lost one and I was sure there should be one attached to the lining somewhere.  Nope!  I had to get the ole button box out and sort thru it for a replacement.  I had to move a button down and put the new one in as a replacement so I had two that matched on the belt part.  Lucky I found one with the same type of design on it.  I did find my button thread but all my needles had rust on them.  It's been a long time since they were used. 

The previous buttons had been put on before the lining was attached, no way was I going to open that lining...I just needled thru all the material.  The coat will probably be at the curb before those buttons fall off.

David and Donna called to come for a visit.  We planned to have dinner together.  They picked up pizza and chicken wings on their way here.  We heard all about their vacation to West Palm Beach of which David won as top salesman for April and March.    (All expenses paid)  They had beautiful photos on their I-pad.  

When Bob and David get together, all conversations eventually turn to fishing.  Bob and David have wanted a chair to take fishing and Bob has been inventing some ideas on how to carry one with all their other paraphernalia!


THE CHAIR IS SUSPENDED BY A PAIR OF SUSPENDERS.
  OKAY BOB!


After they left, Bob and I went up to bed.  We both had a good book going and we read till 2am.  How stupid!

SATURDAY:
Slow starting morning at 11:00 am.  I got up, had coffee. 

Sarah and I watched the golf masters at Oak Hill Golf Course in Rochester.   Sorta, we both had our phones and monkeyed around with them.  I made albums for all in the family and moved each of their photos into the albums.  I've been wanting to get that done for some time now. 

After lunch, the girls had to make a desert to bring to the lake.   I hung around, tried to help, listened for any gossip.  They told me to grind the oreos in the food processor-I did.  When I was done, they had a fit because I did the whole package, they didn't tell me to only do twenty.  So they have a thicker crust.  May have improved that recipe! 



WHIP UP THAT PUDDING GIRL! 

After I went back to the golf game.  We all took a nappie.  When I awoke the score had changed, the leading player had fallen behind.  So disappointing for him. 
The girls were leaving.  Bob and I just kinda looked at each other, now what?  We cleaned up and went to Miss Batavia for supper.

SUNDAY:

Sarah hurried around doing wash and packing for the return trip to Boston.  In between, we sat and watched the Golf Masters from Rochester.  She left about noon.

I continued to watch the game until supper time when I realized there was still nine more holes to play.  Nuf of that.  

After supper Bob wanted help holding a ladder while he installed a rain gutter thingie on the back of the motor home.  He doesn't like all the white streaks coming down the back.





 
ALL DONE.

That's about it for this week.  It's amazing how quick the days go by. 
 
Hope you all have a good week and thanks for clicking in.


GOLDEN GRAM 


No comments:

Post a Comment