Sunday, January 25, 2015

WINTER BLUES, JAN. UPDATE.

Wow, a month has gone by so quickly.  Many of my readers have requested a Blog at least once a month.  They have stated that it gives them comfort to know we are doing fine and it makes them feel closer to us.  We'll  see how it goes.

This month Bob and I have been working together packing decorations and cleaning.  Last week we enjoyed lunch at Miss Batavia with our friends the Jae's.  After lunch they came over to our house and the two Bob's adjusted things on the computer.  


Yesterday we bargained with each other on jobs.  Bob wanted me to help with a few postings in our Quicken program (computer check book) and I wanted help going thru old files with the intent of purging some so I have space to file. What a mess.  He really got into it!  We worked so hard that the shredder got to hot and shut down.  That sounds good but we still have file drawers to go.

Since Christmas I have chosen the Christmas photos to develop and now nearly have my Christmas album finished.  Bob made a journal box for me on his computer and I typed all the stories on acid free cards.  I had the pocket pages which are easy to work with, so I didn't have to design a layout.  Much faster!  I left space on the cards for room to use my stamps.  

POCKET PAGES 
Last night I went to a Stamping Up class over at Michael's store and had instructions on using my Copic pens and colored pencils.  It's all about blending colors.  So now I'm pulling all the journal cards to color the stamps.  The instructor showed me how to blend with the colored pencil using baby oil.  Yeah, it works. 


PARTIAL COLOR
 
COLORED 

DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES.
PENCIL AND PEN 

I have also started a few sewing projects.  I had a pattern (probably for two years now) from my friend Mary Lou from Ohio to make a Chemo hat.  I wanted a warm hat to wear when it's this cold out.  I used black fleece and it's warm.  



THIS PATTERN CAN BE MADE OF OTHER KNITS.
ALSO SIZES FOR CHILDREN.
I'M TOLD T-SHIRTS MAKE UP NICE FOR KIDS TO SLEEP IN DURING TREATMENTS.

This is a Christmas table runner that I didn't have time to make before Christmas.  Isn't it pretty?  I have a couple seams that are bulging or just not right, so some day I will rip the seam out and try to fix it before I go on with the border.  I was a nervous wreck but I zig zaged all around that star.  It won't wash off.   
NEED TO DO BORDERS NEXT.

Bob has been shopping for a warmer fishing jacket for some time now.  He found one on the Internet but it was out of stock in his size until March.  


Then one day, his fishing buddies were going shopping and invited him.  I guess they hit every sports store up in Buffalo.  He didn't find a jacket but he found this nylon shirt plus a spool of  leader line and a few new flies.

ONE OF HIS BUDDIES PICKED THIS OUT...IT WAS A PROMOTIONAL ITEM AND HAS CABELAS NAME AND BUFFALO SEWN ON IT.  BOB DIDN'T CARE.
For some reason, when   they came back to Batavia, they went in Batavia Marine and low and behold-Bob found a nice jacket.  The price was marked down.  
HE IS HAPPY BUT HE FREEZES UP FOR PICTURES.

 There are lots of storage pockets but I kidded him an asked where the back pocket was to store the fish like my Dad had for storing bunnies when hunting.  Truthfully, I don't want him bringing any fish home, I can't stand cooking them as it stinks up the house!



COUPLE PHOTOS OF FISHING AREA
IT'S SO PRETTY NOW.

OAK ORCHARD FISHING AREA

They went fishing Friday to give the jacket a try.  But they came home around one o'clock as it was just to cold to change bait etc.   Other than that Bob has been using the computer and anxious to start Income Taxes.  He changed two belts on the neighbor ladies' snow blower.  One hand washes the other, Gram always said.

So goes our days; first we think it's another boring day-then we run out of time for our jobs and the day is gone.  Looking at the calendar we think-oh man-eight more weeks of winter but then realizing that I want to do so much more in the craft room before it's lawn mowing time.  Life! Never happy.   

So take it easy or take it fast; what ever floats your boat.  Wishing you all a good week.

GOLDEN GRAM







No comments:

Post a Comment