Sunday, June 19, 2011

RELAY FOR LIFE WEEKEND

MONDAY:
After being away there is so much work to do.  I couldn't decide what to work on first.  My decision was to do something easy while I put the biggie vacation washing thru.  I wrote out a get well card, wedding rsvp's,  and updated my reading file. 
I photo copied the HRRVC Rally form and filled it out for reservations for the rally in September.  Just a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that needs done and I needed to discipline myself to take the time necessary to do it. 
We didn't watch the Bruins game but we are glad that they won.  If they win on Wednesday, Boston will hosts a big parade that Sarah can attend.
TUESDAY:
Flag Day-I didn't remember that!  It was supper time before I saw it on the news.  There's no use putting it up then as we do not have a light to shine on it once it's dark. 
I must have deleted 150 e-mails on the computer that had come in while we were away.  Coupons, cooking, stores sales, etc.; hardly any messages.  Internet was $8.00 a day at Lake George and I couldn't figure out when I'd be at the coach long enough to use it so we never signed up. 
I had Holiday Rambler paper work to do.  I briefed up a letter for brochures or donations for the September HRRVC Rally, then e-mailed a few of them to businesses.   Then I worked on updates on the HRRVC Roster; which I mailed to the officers.
At 3:00, I couldn't see anymore and I needed to stretch from working on computer so I decided to go out doors.  I pulled weeds in the stone driveway again, I probably went two feet in two hours. 


MY ROSE BUSH IS PRETTY!
 WEDNESDAY:  
We need dog food!  I picked up a few other things at BJ's too.  I was shopping for a get well, a birthday gift and greeting cards.  BJ's didn't have what I wanted for either gift so we went to Kmart. Then to Wal-Mart, Mischa!    
Annalynn sent an e mail today about the RELAY FOR LIFE event this weekend.  They are doing a special walk at 12:30am with Crazy Hats.   Guess I'll dig out my RED HAT stuff.

I CAN HEAR YOU ALL LAUGHING!  I NEED RED OR PURPLE SHOES YET.
The kids have gifted me with all kinds of stuff over the years: long red gloves, purse, jewelry, boa, cowboy hat, sweatshirts, arm cuffs-you name it.  Last year we were in bed by 12:30 am!

Bob & David  have a photo meeting tonight in Buffalo for the RIDE FOR ROSWELL event.  (6/25/2011) There are several volunteer photo people that have to be assigned an area to capture the heart of things.  ROSWELL has certain requests for posters and the like.  I have to get out a quick supper so he can leave by 5:00pm. 
I gave my outside plants a good soaking. Later, Betsy and I watched the hockey game.  Yeah to the Bruins! 


IT'S OFFICIAL!

Bob came home about 10:ish.  He had a packet of instructions, and a cute tye on vest that says, "photographer" on the back.  He was all hyped up!


THURSDAY:
I kinda slept in today.  Now to hussel and get the list of jobs done.  I baked two kinds of cookies, had a coffee clutch with a friend, and started to pack the motor home.  I thought once I had finished in the kitchen that I could go in the pool for the first time.  That was not to be-it rained.
While Bob was changing the blinds on the back porch, we were surprised with a call from Camping World district manager who had received my e-mail request.  They were more than willing to donate to our rally.  They will supply goddie bags, a discount coupon, and flyers.  For the HRRVC STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP auction they have promised 2 chairs. (no description)   He would set things up with the Churchville store manager.  When the Cville store manager called he promised additional items.  Yes!  High 5!  The day flew by so for supper we went to Miss Batavia Restaurant for our favorite roast beef meals.  Later the rain had stopped and it cooled down some; so we both started bringing stuff out to motor home.
FRIDAY:
Picked up fresh hot dog rolls and few other items at grocery store then loaded every thing in the coach.  Then we packed refrigerator   items from the house.  We left for Lockport about 2:30; and drove right to the school for parking.  Christianna met us there and arranged parking spot with chair lady.  Then we all went to Deb's. house.  The girls were putting rubber bands on t-shirts for tye dye.



TIE DYE SHIRTS/RELAY FOR LIFE
 They came out pretty good, nice bright color after the next step of drying.  Then they wanted to put a print on them with the YUDU machine.  Annalynn had cut a stencil off the computer. 


THE STENCIL IS BURNED ON.
Annalynn had watched the demo video which left out some instructions.  I read the direction book which left out alot.  It was hem and hah with debates to correct usage.  Everyone had an opinion of how to do it.  Joe says, "just do it!"   
IT'S ALL TAPED.


SQUEEZING THE INK ON


IT WORKED! IT WORKED!
 So when they lifted the lid and pulled the first shirt off the machine; pandemonium broke out!  They were ecstatic!  Whopping and hollering! 

ONE OF THE FINISHED SHIRTS
  Bob and I went back to motor home about 10:00 and the girls worked on until 12:30.

SATURDAY:
Up early for showers and dress to get to our posts for pictures of the 5K run of RELAY FOR LIFE.

BLOWING THE HORN TO START THE RACE
Annalynn was invited to be honorary front runner, to blow the horn to start the race.  

THEIR OFF!

PUMPING HARD TO BETTER HER TIME.



Stephanie, Christianna, 2 girls from Juicy store, Debbie and Rocco
 Debbie and Maggie had already finished the race but crossed over the track to run in with this group.  About 2:30 we helped to set up the Surace's tent down inside the track.  Team tent vendors all around selling products.  It was well organized with good live entertainment. 

Bill, Mary (Joe's Mom) Delores (Bill's wife) Annalynn
The survivor's walk was first, followed by survivor's and care takers, then the 96 registered teams. 

TEAM ANNALYNN

Later the Illuminary Lap was done with bag pipes and some lights out.
ILLIMINARY LAP
 During an announcement, it was stated that the event had netted $91,000.00 so far, hoping to make $200,000.00. More for research! 

SUNDAY:
Bob heard noises outside the motorhome.  Debbie and Rocco had packed up everything and was leaving for home.   We weren't even up yet @ 7:00am.  I will have to call them later to find out who made it thru the night, who wore the crazist hat, and who walked in the illuminary (carrying candles) memorial walk.  At that time, most of the team tents were down and gone; no longer a tent city!

In between events this weekend, I finished the book "Water For Elephants", by Sara Gruen; that my coffee clutch friend lent to me.  A good read about one person's life in the circus.

Now to prepare for next weekend.   Wishing a good week to everyone.  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment