Sunday, July 24, 2011

TRAVELING TO SEE RELATIVES!

MONDAY:
Same ole, same ole!  Washing, pay bills etc.  After sundown we packed the camper for a trip to PA.  My niece and her husband and her son and grandchildren were up from North Carolina.
TUESDAY:
A quick trip downtown to pick up some dry cleaning, go to the bank, and a stop at the Farmer's market for corn & veggies and we were all set to pack these items in the motor home then we take off for PA.  We hit the thruway at 11:15am.  Driving was hot!  We had the coach air on the whole trip.  We stopped for lunch at Angola Rest Area  and parked right in front of a big sign that said, "do not run diesel engines" which Bob ignored.  He shut the coach off but left the generator running so we would have air.  We arrived late afternoon at my sister's.  She had dinner on.


MY SISTER TOOTS, MY NIECE LINDA, ME AND MY NIECE'S HUSBAND, SHERMAN
 WEDNESDAY:
Family, family all day long.  My sister had invited them for a light lunch or dinner after work.  It was nice as we didn't have to drive to see them, and we visited until midnight!    (I think Bob put the camera down once the food came out as we had 36 people come) 



MY NIECE TINA, WE ARE SHARING GENEALOGY!
  


MY NEPHEW WILLIAM AND OWEN; THE NEWEST MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY.
  



LINDA'S SON KEVIN AND FAMILY OF NC.
(wife-Christie, Em, Eric, Sean,)




BOB'S SISTER MARJ AND HER FAMILY
Daughter Michelle, Michelle's date, Tony, Marj's hubby, Rick.


BOB AND DALTON (Tina's son)
Dalton is very proud of his Special Olympic medals.



GARRET:Tina's youngest! 
Garret arrived on crutches but it wasn't long and he was keeping up with the other kids.


RYAN: Linda's oldest son's son from NC. 
  



BOB'S AUNT PHYLLIS ARRIVING
She is 80 years old and still enjoys horse back riding!
 
THURSDAY:
We left Albion, PA., about 10:00am.  Driving was not bad until we reached the Silver Creek area, then a wind picked up.  We had a big gust hit the coach and moved it over!  I asked Bob to put the weather channel on his CB and the announcer said, "20-30 mile an hour winds with gusts to 40 mile per hour!"  Four to six feet waves on Lake Erie so a small craft warning was on until 7:00pm.  Bob kept driving since we didn't hear anything threatening.  Arriving home about 2:30pm, we parked and let the dog out, and headed for a nappie.  Betsy called me to say supper was ready!  It was hot everywhere.  After the sun went down we unloaded the coach and then went swimming about 9:00pm. 
FRIDAY:
We have a wedding tonight.  The fun part about going out is getting all gussied up but getting the clothes ironed and ready is not too much fun.  Bob's short sleeved dress shirt didn't button at the neck so I sent him shopping to J. C. Penney's.  I couldn't see him wearing long sleeves in this heat.  I changed outfits a couple times until I was comfortable. 
Betsy drove us to the Creekside Party House on Union St. in Buffalo.  We took the thruway and that was a mistake-bumper to bumper cars-around Buffalo.  We slowed down to a crawl.  It was like the football traffic for the Buffalo Bills' games-unreal! 

BALL AND CHAIN
Everything about the wedding was beautiful; the hall, the bride and groom, and the events.  They had a photo booth and we all lined up to take pictures for the couple's album. We all had a great time.
Driving home we could see the fireworks (held every Friday night there is a home game) from the Batavia Baseball stadium. 


PRETTY!
  SATURDAY:
Good news this morning when I read my e-mails.  I had won a Scholarship basket (Kansas State Basket) at the HRRVC International Rally in Illinois.   Our web master is bringing it home for me.  She just delivered it. 
2 WINES, PANCAKE MIX, BAR B QUE SAUCE, SALSA, SOAP, HAND CREAM, SUNFLOWER LETTER OPENER, AND SUNFLOWER BOOK MARK-ALL MADE IN KANSAS!
Stan's Motorcycle shop was having a garage sale so we met David & Donna there.  We had lunch at home and visited.  After they left we went swimming for the rest of the afternoon.
I had a couple Chapter 12 e mails to send out and when I finish that I then started working on the BLOG! 
In the evening, I watered all my outdoor plants.  A 30% chance of rain is not good enough. 

SUNDAY:
I heard rain during the night.  I don't know how long it came down but everything was clean looking this morning.   While swimming, I noticed that the gazebo tent had a corner sagging with rain water.  So Bob pushed that out.  Our pool water is down about 2" so any rain will help. 
We needed some pool chemicals so Bob & Betsy went to supply store to get them.   Bob picked up a new pump housing as our's is cracked and leaking.  Betsy found a new light (with 8 changing colors) to replace our's which is not working anymore.  So Bob has some projects to work on this next week.  Everything is expensive but we sure have enjoyed the pool in this hot weather.
I went shopping too.  My pool flip flops fell apart yesterday.  The cement around the pool is too hot to walk on in bare feet.   I found a  close out deal at the sporting store so now I have a pair for the pool and the motor home. 
I went to Bed Bath and Beyond next.  I wanted to get a small wedding gift for Nicole, a long time friend of Annalynn's.   Annalynn is one of her bridesmaids.  Nicole has been there (hospital) for Annalynn. I do not have a shower invite and I do not want one in this heat but I wanted to thank her.  So when I go to Lockport on Tuesday to help make candy apples for the shower, I'll bring the gift.
Oh, I bought a fluted pie dish and a rolling pin.  Earlier I printed some recipes that I will decorate to put in the gift.  I couldn't decide what to get her even thou her registry list was long.   Myself, I enjoy baking and so that swayed my gift.  The next coupon I get for there, I'm going back to get myself a rolling pin.  It had great hand grippers and rolled so easy.  (I have several now-it's a fetish I guess.  Hay, Bob has lots of drills!)

Enough already!  Everyone have a great week, stay cool.
Thanks for clicking in.
Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment