Monday, October 24, 2011

A GREAT WEEKEND!

MONDAY:
Sarah left about 10:00am.  The house feels empty.  I sorted my washing and began that procedure.  Betsy called, she is getting her car serviced tomorrow, could she use our's to go to work.  If I  don't have a car tomorrow, I had better go today to get the birthday gifts and cards that I need for Wednesday.  (Lunch for a friends B-day)
We happened to go to BJ's to look at TVs to replace the set in the bedroom.  After what seemed like 45 minutes, (I'm shifting my knees waiting because they hurt)    What's all this LCD, HDD, LE, just get one!  Who cares if the speakers are in the front or back.  The clerk finally puts one in the cart.  Then we picked up groceries.  Then Bob wanted to go back and look at TVs again.  I told him, "you have 5 minutes!"  If you can't decide by then, I'm going over to that cute scarecrow with the Fiber Optic LED lights changing and put one in my cart!  $49.95  He was back in 5!
<><> <><> <><>
THIS IS IT.
TUESDAY:
I don't know what's on Martha Stewart's scheduled for this week but I'm changing the bed to flannel sheets.  Those dark, grey, angry skies yesterday was enough warning for me.  Snow is just around the corner.  Snow was predicted for the southern tier yesterday.  
Now I'm crawling around the old TV which is on the floor of the bedroom, as it's too heavy for Bob and I to carry to the garage.  But I can't wait; have to change those sheets today.  Hooa, Hooa!  The TV is really old with the big back and weighs a ton.  The new one is very light weight and it is all plugged in.  Yeah!

Another business closing in Batavia.  Lowe's announced yesterday that our store will close in 2 months.  It's under performing!  Batavia doesn't support two big home improvement stores.  Home Depot is right across the street.
Apparently, people aren't drinking as much either as a wine & liquor store closed down town too.  Sign of the times.
WEDNESDAY:
I putzed around this morning; little sewing, made out some cards,and  fixed my birthday gifts.  I put a pork roast in the crock pot for bar b q sandwiches for supper.  In no time, it was time to shower and dress for lunch.  My friend picked me up at 12:30pm and we headed downtown for "South Beach."   It's a cute restaurant with an island decor.  The booths have thatched roofs over them and there are several tribal Pygmies statues standing around with swords and shields.  The food was very good.  We had a great visit. Only 3 of us as our older friend had fallen during last week and still couldn't walk well.   I was home by 2:30pm as my friends were going on to see the movie "The Help", which I saw in August.
The crock pot must have a broken thermostat as the roast was done and falling apart.  I took it out to cool for cutting. 
Then I read a book for a while.  After supper, Bob and I spent some time looking thru web sites reading "car" descriptions until bed time.

THURSDAY:
Today we went for groceries to take camping and to the tailgate party at Utica College. 
Betsy helped me make the cookie sheet apple pie that Eric likes so much. 
FRIDAY:   
We finished loading the coach, had lunch and left home about 1:00.  I directed Bob out of the driveway and then we run thru the "check lights" series.  Brakes were good, turners were good but the top running lights weren't working.   We use our cell phones to talk back and forth.  I told Bob 2-3 times, "turn the running lights on" and no response.  It was freezing cold standing out there in the middle of the road.  Finally he comes out of coach and yells at me-"they are on!"  RV having fun yet?   He decide that a fuse must be blown.  He said, "get in" I'll fix them later.  Ride em and Fix em!  So we took off.   We had one construction (one lane) hold up for about 25 minutes this side of Rochester but that was all.  Arriving safely at Turning Stone Villages; I sent a text to Betsy.  The campground was full as it's the last weekend they are open.  Good thing we made reservations as soon as the football schedule came out.  We weren't ready for supper yet so Bob went out to hook up and I wanted to make a pineapple upside down cake in the convection oven. 
<><> <><> <><>
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
It turned out high on one side and low and caramelized on the other.  It still looks good.  After supper Bob watched TV and I read a book.  We went to bed early so we could get up early.
SATURDAY:


Up at six, had breakfast and ready to roll by 8:00am.  It's a 25 minute drive to the college and we were first to arrive so we had our pick of the parking spaces.  We weren't set up to long and Eric and his buddy, Alex came over for a quick visit.   They had just had the team breakfast and had to get back to be taped.  Each of them had bruises!  Bob and I walked around as other tailgaters arrived. 
<><> <><>
THEY BRING MOST ANYTHING ALONG WITH THEM.

We met several nice people.  Once our crew was there Alex cooked hot dogs before going in to the game.  Oops, the hot dogs are gone, Alex is cooking two huge sausages that another couple bought downtown Utica.  While cooking a cable TV crew came by; they were filming for live TV.


The caption isn't working correctly now.  Above photo: Alex-back corner, Alexis, Nicki, and Donna.  Alexi's had made the signs so they held them up for the camera crew.  Wow, live TV.

We all ham-ed it up for TV.  Bob called security and they came down with a golf cart to give me a ride to the stadium.  Nice ahe? 

The team is out and ready to play on the brand new turf covered field.  (Eric is number 4) 

The Moose mascot-"00".    Utica won 20-15.  Back at the coach for food.  Eric has more friends this year so we had a crew come for food.   We had seven ladies bringing crock pots, dishes and deserts.  The boys had a feast. 




We all ate too much.  We didn't start tear down until after dark.  We headed back to camp and David & Donna followed us to be sure we got there.  On the way, it seemed so dark on the road.  I always quote the speed postings for
Bob in the little burgs.  Bob looked down at the dash to see his speed and there wasn't any lights on the dash. 
That's why it seemed so dark out.  He couldn't read our traveling speed!  Oh my, he says, "must be the fuse that I pulled to put in the top running lights were from the dash lights, he thought it was for the horn.  RV having fun yet?

SUNDAY:
 I made bacon and eggs and then we started packing for the return trip.  Our last camp out for this year.  We bought diesel gas at the Indian Reservation so the coach doesn't set empty for the winter.  No fuse at the gas station.  Once home everything has to be emptied out of the coach. 

After supper, I turned on the computer to see what I missed on Face book.  The North Carolina mountain climb was beautiful.  Thanks Brian. 

As we began another week, hope everyone has a good one.
Thanks for clicking in.

Golden Gram


   

No comments:

Post a Comment