Sunday, October 30, 2011

THE GOLDEN YEARS & SNOWFLAKES ALREADY!

Hi Readers:
I had so much trouble with last Sunday's Blog that I was ready to quit the whole thing!   What ever key I hit wouldn't correct the problems and I was all stirred up and probably I hit too many keys!  Here it is Thursday and I'm still annoyed about it.  The photos went in clear up to the top; way above my paragraphs and then I couldn't make the caption feature work.  It was frustrating.  So let's see how this week goes.
MONDAY:
Over the weekend, I had talked to one of my close friends from work and promised to call her Monday with directions to Roswell parking garage.  She was recently diagnosed with lung cancer.  So I called her and relayed the info.  She is meeting with a surgeon to find out the surgery procedure facing her.  Also last week, another gal from work was diagnosed with breast cancer.  This girl had worked in my accounting unit. 
She is deaf and now this tragedy. Very sad news for the week.  I wrote a note to her.
I had an appointment with the podiatrist; thinking I had an ingrown toenail.  It was fine and she trimmed all my toenails.  That sure helps with this right knee that doesn't lift or bend.  I was mucho grateful.   The Golden Years-it takes all our gold to stay healthy.  
TUESDAY:
Up early as Bob had an appointment with the eye doctor at 9:30am.  He has been mentioning that his right eye was fuzzy.  (Now he tells me that he was worried about perception while driving the bus)  He asked me to drive to University Eye in case they put drops in his eye.   He didn't have to wait long and they called his name.  I read my book.  I finished my book.  I fell asleep.   I went out to the car and got my bottle of water.  I was just about to ask if they sent him to the hospital and didn't know that I was with him, and they didn't tell me.  Then I heard him laugh.  Ahe, he is still in the building.  When he came out we had to stay another 15 minutes until they checked him once more.  12:15 now!   His eye was replacing it's lens over top of the implanted lens put in in 2003.  They did laser surgery right there.  (The Golden Years)  I would have died from the fear. 
After supper, still avoiding the Blog; I decided to wrap up the camping newsletter.  I hadn't received any other new news so I finished that up and e-mailed it to the web master.  I finished printing the snail mail about 11:00 and went to bed. 
I had a short story on my e-reader that I enjoyed, maybe others would too.  The name is "Heaven is Real".   It's written by a pastor (Todd Burpo) and the story is about his son's near death experience going to heaven.    
WEDNESDAY:
Why not today?  Get a couple things off the "to do list" that have been waiting.  I spent the morning cleaning the bathroom shower walls and floor, etc.  I almost had to call Bob to get me out of shower; my rump is so big I got stuck between the toilet and shower door while doing the floor part.  True story!
After all that I needed to rest so I worked on paperwork. Why do the doctor's receptionist always say don't pay until we bill the insurance.  Or they only charge 1/2 of the co pay.  Now I have to compare insurance printouts with their bills and write a check for the other 1/2 of the co pay ...they can't read the back of my insurance card?  A needless job from back in April. 
Then the dog threw up.  After cleaning up the mess, I 
covered her up with a blanket and rubbed her back.  She didn't move so it must have comforted her.  Love her like a baby. 
Bob had put all the windows in the screen doors.  When he came in we went on line to read the car features again.   Time just flies on computer.
THURSDAY:
At last, our agenda today was to go look at a couple of cars.  Bob had a folder full of on line printouts so I was soooooo encouraged.  We headed off for Rochester and our car was a bit sluggish shifting but it ran.   What ever we get has to be tow able.  The first car that we looked at was a 2009 Buick Enclave, it was beautiful!  The whole shameal, bells and whistles.  But it seemed huge and we don't need 3 seats now.  So that was eliminated.  After lunch at 5 Guys. we went to see a Honda CRV.  Hay, they had it in the brown color that I like. That's a plus.  We went for a test drive and almost got lost!  My first thought was what a down grade!  It's so little, would it work as our permanent car?  But if we change our thinking a little here, once we can't handle the motor home anymore, we could go back to two cars.  The CRV for "gad abouts" town and another car for trips.  So we are still thinking about what to do.  We drove home in snowflakes.  We were home about 4:30, had our coffee, and took a nap.  Exhausting work, shopping. 
CREATIVE MEMORIES PICFOILO ALBUM
My order from Creative Memories came today while we were out.  I opened and checked it out.  I wanted another Picfolio album where you just slide the photos in; no scraping.  I have years of camping in the albums which are not safe and some photos are turning yellow.  It will be good to change them over for safe keeping. 
Before you know it, the evening is gone.  Good night.
FRIDAY:
Heavy frost this morning.  The shed roof was all white.  I didn't get up until 9:30.  Half the morning is gone!
I did some work on the computer as Bob had sent photos of the football game for me to send out to all that were present.  He is learning more of the features in the Picasso program for photos.  He even has titles! 
Then he switched to studying  the car brochures some more.  "Look at this!  Can you look at this?"  So I joined in.  Before you know it, it's lunch time. 
After lunch, we both went outside to work since it was so nice.  He finished up winterizing the motor home and I cut off the tops of the Hosta plants around the pool.  Boy, those are messy.  Betsy started digging them out a couple weeks ago.  Maybe next spring we will get the rest out.
CUTTING OFF THE HOSTAS

BIRDSEED GROWING.
CUTTING BACK THE PEONIES
SATURDAY:
Bob had a call from a car salesman in Medina that he had previously contacted.  He wanted to go there to shop.  (I can't believe it, he has hated Fords since the last motor home that was a lemon)  I wanted to go to a wedding shop there so the destination worked for both of us.  The trip was a bust for me; nothing in dresses very exciting.  The car (Ford-Escape) has possibilities.  But we ran out of time; had to be home for a couple reasons. 
Bob went to the Utica football game @ John Fisher with our son and wife while I finished another book.  I waited for a text about the score but nothing came in so I assume Utica lost.  No news is good news. 
I made eggs for my supper and then finished another James Patterson book.  That finished I worked on an article to send to the Ramblings magazine. 
The family back home told the score-Utica lost 63-36.  The opponents were big and fast! 
 SUNDAY:
Three more days (Nov. 1st) until the video comes out called, "Water For Elephants".  We both have read the book but missed seeing the movie when it was around.  It's probably a "chic flick" because of the love story but it has a circus background  which was interesting. 
More heavy frost on the shed roof and 38o on the porch!  At least it doesn't have to be shoveled. 
No commitments today, no place to run.   I suppose they will want me to cook...ugh! 

Until next week, have a good one.

Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment