Sunday, December 4, 2011

All thru The House, more down sizing!

MONDAY:
49o and it's a wet morning.  The field is all brown from the rain instead of golden.  I haven't seen any deer and the hunters are disappointed because we don't have snow to make tracking easier.  Sorry guys but I'm sure we will get our share as it's a long winter.

Insurance phone calls and some computer work occupied us this morning while wash day Monday reigned again. 

After lunch, Bob took Cinder (dog) to the vets for a nail trim.  He also asked about the warts on her back and head.  Much to our surprise the vet said they should come off.  (He didn't think so last visit.)  Another surprise, the vet said he could do it today but we would have to leave her there until 6:00pm.  Bob called Betsy and I to ask what to do..."get it done."  The wart on her back is nasty looking and it's growing, now about the size of a thimble. 

While waiting for 6pm, Bob started putting up my tree in the dinning room which I put my glass ornaments on.  I unpacked all the ornaments. The rest I'll do tomorrow. 

Bob & Betsy brought Cinder home.  She is a little groggy.  They used wire for staples, OMG.  Now we have to take her back in 9 days to have them removed.  It's like a child all over again.  We feel so sorry for her because she is showing signs of soreness.  Hope we get thru this.
TUESDAY:
Wow, the whole day has been thick fog.  I wonder if we are going to get a big snowfall.  I heard geese today (kinda late) and I checked the field and it was full of them.  They must have been way up North.
I have my dinning room Christmas tree almost done. I'll put the icicles on it tomorrow as I have worked all day on it.  My ankles, knees and back hurts.  Enough already.

Cinder has slept most of the day.  She still sits down very gingerly.  The swelling on her back looks like it went down some but not on her head, still bunches;  I hope it heals without them bumps. 

Bob took the Escape (Ford) back to the dealers today and they installed the running boards, window shields, auto start, and new wipers.  He says that he had a big list for them to check.  He asked about rubber floor mats for winter and low and behold, they gave him a set.
Well, I have a few minutes until the Biggest Loser on TV so guess I'll go sit with the dog.
WEDNESDAY:
I finished putting the icicles on the tree this morning.  Then the curly cue glitter sticks, then the tree skirt.  Looking good.
TREE #1 -  DINNING ROOM 
Then we went downtown for a few things before heading off to Lockport for a hair appointment.  We picked up a few stocking stuffers in Wal*Mart.  Yeah, we are started with the shopping.  We drove in heavy snow which showed up on the ground but disappeared by the time we started home.
On the way home, we stopped at Debbie's for some coffee and to visit.  They have done some serious shopping; packages on the porch and deliveries in the house.
At home for supper, I had hoped Betsy had started the chicken thighs, nope.  She was busy setting up a new Christmas tree in the living room.  It's a down sizer!  Tall and slim. 
Our previous tree was huge and heavy to handle.  There Mom, you can play with it tomorrow.  But the stairs shelf needs decorated first.  Bob called for pizza and everyone had projects for the rest of the evening.
THURSDAY:
I don't know why I put off making  telephone calls.  I just hate to give up the time, I guess.  I had to make alot of calls when I worked, (3 quotes for purchasing) and I hated it, but that was 19 years ago.  Get over it, right?   So, this morning I made several calls that were long over due.
Just before lunch I started putting up the Toontown houses on the stairs shelf.  These are all "Mickey Mouse" related.  They are Sarah's that she received as gifts over the years. 
TOONTOWN HOUSES - MICKEY'S & MINNIE'S
CITY HALL
FIVE  & DIME STORE   AND COURT HOUSE

THIS IS NOT A  TOONTOWN- JUST A CUTIE PATOTIE!

 I was ready to tie down the electric cords but the houses didn't light up.  Bob was napping so I waited for him to wake up to help.  I changed course and went and did some scrapbooking.  
When he worked on them, all he had to do was put batteries in the flipper!  Whoda thought of that, I'm such a twit!   
We missed purchasing a couple of units in this series; we still need Goofy's House, Chip & Dales' Tree House, and the Fire Department.  All houses are retired now so every now and then I have someone check on E-Bay to see if any are posted for sale.  Wonder what the price is now; they were $48.00 new. 
FRIDAY:
I made chocolate chip cookies for our afternoon visit with my friend who had lung surgery 4 weeks ago.  She is doing good but tires easily.  She has some Christmas shopping done but she is not in the mood for decorations; probably thinking and scared as she has to have chemo.  We all visited and she made coffee to go with the cookies.  I thought that we had stayed to long but the guys were still yaking-"machines & Ipads" and I had a hard time getting Bob ready to leave.

We hadn't been home long and Betsy came in from work.  We had coffee together and decided what we wanted to work on while she was available.  The decision was the living room tree since I didn't get time for it. So our evening was hauling out more boxes of decorations, putting on colored lights and ribbon.  Betsy and Sarah collect "Old World" ornaments and they have a huge box full.  So I unwrapped all of them.  It was time for the Gold Rush on TV so everyone quit to watch that show. 
SATURDAY:
TREE #2 - LIVING ROOM
 When I got up at 10:00am, Betsy was just finishing putting  the ornaments on the tree.  She ran the sweeper and hauled the storage boxes back to the garage.  It wasn't long and Bob had the Christmas train set up under the tree and running it.  

BOB POINTING AT BETSY'S BLUE CHRISTMAS TRAIN
 A quick trip over town for battery lights for 2 other wall decorations and to Tops for groceries and we were pooped.  We had supper at Tulley's (chicken tenders are back on menu) instead of cooking for ourselves.
Once I get those wall tree decos up, I'm done decorating.  If Santa doesn't see the lights here, it's not my fault.  We are already blowing fuses!   
SUNDAY:
I printed Bob's Christmas List as he finally finished it. 

Cinder is playful again.  She is laying on her back and swishing back and forth.  She tugged on toys with me. She must feel better.

On to the next project; Christmas Cards.  I've updated all the addresses that have changed this year and printed the list.  I've checked printing prices.  Now to decide on a photo and do an order. 

I think the ghost of Christmas Past was here to visit.  I had a wall tree (1/2 a tree, flat on hanging side) decorated upstairs and ready to be hung and it went crashing to the floor while I'm on the computer downstairs.  He was here while Sarah was home too, as her manger scene was all messed up.  The tree was in the stable, the lambs were in the hayloft, the Wise men were coming from the West instead of the East and etc. 
Strange ahe?
No Steelers on TV today, darn.  Betsy saw the score and they are ahead-good!
Well, I have some prayers to complete for people who are seriously ill and probably won't enjoy the season as much as you or I.  So, I'm going to post this Blog.

Have a good week everyone.  Thanks for clicking in.

Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment