Sunday, December 11, 2011

APPOINTMENTS & PARTIES

MONDAY:
Bob has left for the eye doctor's (1st app. this week) for a follow up exam of the laser treatment a couple weeks back.  He didn't think that I needed to go to drive.  So I start my wash and the computer.    
Good news!  Today my son, David, sent an e-mail to us-"Guess what I got?"   When I opened it he had been recognized with a prize money gift for entering photos into the AMERICADE EVENT (Motorcycles) at Lake Placid held this past June.  How special is that?  What a nice feather in his cap!  He told us to go on line @ www.americade.com and look at the photos within their magazine.  We did and we found several that belong to David.  We are so proud.


THE BIKER GIRLS!
DEBBIE, DONNA & JOANN



DAVID -THE PHOTOGRAPHER  & DONNA

TUESDAY:
Bob had a a follow up (2nd) Dr's appointment today in Lockport regarding the stent placement.  He had an EKG and it was good.  He also had the flu shot.  From there we went to lunch and finished the afternoon doing some Christmas shopping.
That evening, Bob helped me to order Christmas cards thru Wal Mart.  I wanted to use a photo of all the grand kids that my son had taken and altered with snowflakes and holiday greetings.  He is clever. 




WEDNESDAY:
(3rd&4th) I had two doctor's appointments today.  One in Rochester and one in Batavia.  See the Golden Years takes all our Gold to stay healthy.  The Rochester doc wants another Cat Scan to follow up on a previous problem.  In Batavia I went to the orthopedic Dr's for another couple shots in the knees!  I hope that will get me thru Christmas Day.  One side is burning right now.  Doc told me to put ice on them once at home, so I did and I promptly fell asleep. 

THURSDAY:
Today I helped my friend who is a caterer.  She is serving lunch at Social Services where I used to work.
Other than carrying in the food and set up; my job is is simple- just keep the salad bowls and the roll basket  full.  Oh ya, watch the butter dish and add to it as needed. 
Each year, there are less and less staff that I still know due to the turn over.  But after serving, (they have to go thru line, eat and back to work in the hour) I did visit with several of them.  They all say things are bad so I can't help but be thankful that I'm out of there.
After I went to have a blood test that's required for the Cat Scan.  Arriving there, the script wasn't faxed to the right place so that had to be traced down.  The results weren't directed to the Imaging place either so that had to be corrected.  Sometimes, it seems like constant maintenance to get things as ordered.
I had fun getting the Christmas Cards ready for mail that evening. I can do most everything on the computer now so that's no biggie.

FRIDAY:
(5th) Bob took Cinderella to Vet's to have the stitches out.  She was a real good girl.  The bumps have gone down nicely.  I hated to leave her alone after but we had to go to Rochester for the (6th app.) Cat Scan.  I had to make sure they received the blood work or it would have been a long drive for nothing.  By now, Bob is feeling like an ambulance driver with all these appointments.  He is going to get a red light for the top of the car, Ha!  After, we shopped some as we needed two $5.00 gifts for Saturday. 
At home, I jumped into high gear to make 2 desserts, wrap two packages, make a Auction basket and get some computer work updated for the two Christmas parties on Saturday.  Hay, this old girl is to old for this schedule.  My back was aching!  I finally finished about 11:30pm.
SATURDAY:
We have a ground covering of snow now.  It's pretty! We left for the Gold Prospectors Christmas party luncheon about 11:15am.   For some reason, lunch wasn't served until 1:30pm and and they still had the children's gift exchange, basket auction, Chinese auction and raffle's to do.  It was a long drawn out affair. 

MY TICKET WAS DRAWN FOR THIS CUTE SNOWMAN.
We left about 3:00pm and headed home to pick up dessert & gifts for the Holiday Rambler Christmas party in Tonawanda.  We had a small turn out but it was very pleasant to see the camper friends again.  During the business meeting, the nominating committee of one (our friend,Bob) announced the officers slate and all was accepted and passed.  My Bob is now President and our friend, Bob has agreed to be Secretary.  (Too many Bob's)  We will be glad to help him get started as Secretary. 
SUNDAY:
I just had a horrible night.  I thought the dog was so sick she was dying.  She huddle so close to me all night that I couldn't turn over.  I finally went to the living room couch with my pillows and blanket.  Not to long after, I hear click, click, click.  Cinder's toe nails on the floor and she hops up to sleep with me on the couch.  When the rest of the household woke up, she left me and I went back to bed for some sleep.  When I got up, Betsy told me that the poor thing had poopie all dried and stuck to her hinny!  She probably couldn't go to the bathroom.  So, now I'm washing the bedspread and blankets. 


Golden Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment