Sunday, August 12, 2012

E-COUPONS AND AUTUMN

MONDAY:
It's Monday again.    Cool day.

Our morning started off nice.  Annalynn called to say she would be stopping by on her way home from visiting Mark.  She had read the "Blog" and saw that Sarah was home. 
She brought us up to date with all the happenings while we had been away.  She also has a job interview on Thursday.  The girls made plans to go shopping for a new suit for the interviewee.  

I'm going back on line sometime to Tops grocery store site.  I'm probably the last person to sign up for their e-coupons on their site which go onto your card/key.  Supposedly, when you get to register the coupon value comes  right off when you present your card.  No more cutting and organizing.  A list will print for you too.  It also includes sale items on list.  I visited the site last week and they did have several pages of coupons; but so many of the items we don't use.  I need groceries so I'll try it out tomorrow and see if the coupons work that I put on the card with that visit to site. 




TOPS AD


TUESDAY:
Up and at em.  I went to the Farmer's Market and picked up several veggies. 

Then on to Tops' grocery store.  The e-coupons did work; at the bottom of receipt it's posted as MC SAVE  .50 or what ever.  There are expiration dates and since the printing of my first list, several items had expired. 
I ended up saving fifty cents on two items.  Big Deal!  Just like cutting paper coupons, lots of work for what?  

It's exasperating to cut  coupons and organize and carry all over the store only to find that the store doesn't carry that brand.  Tops are getting more and more items with their brand. 

Betsy and Sarah went shopping again so I only had to make supper for the two of us.  Sarah has her computer and paper work all over the dinning room table as she takes her grad classes on computer. 

During the day, I made two double batches of Sloppy Joe's for our camp out next weekend.  Bob and I volunteered to be chairmen and as such we are responsible for organizing the  meals.  The Sloppy Joe's are for Saturdays' dinner and the camper ladies make all kinds of good side dishes.   



WEDNESDAY:
I'm up early, had my shower and waiting for grandson Eric.  He called last night to say that he is going back to Utica College today and will stop by to say good-by.  He is starting his third year now.  He wants to help coach the football team as his knee heals. 

Eric was a little later than planned, he had lunch with Bob and Sarah.  Then I left  to go to lunch with friends from work.  Later they came over to our house and we all went swimming.  It was so hot, then all of a sudden these black skies and wind came pushing in.  I ran inside  to tell Bob about the wind and asked him to put the big umbrellas down, too late, one broke in two places. 

No rain, it passed over and the sun came out again and was beautiful.  Now I have to water the plants. 

Christianna sent photos of her kitchen update. The new counter has been installed and now her kitchen sink should fit.  Hopefully it's installed so she can do dishes now.   Okay, Christianna, let's be whipping out some pastafazoola!  Wonder if Joe likes to cook? 



COUNTER IS VERY DRESSY WITH ALL THE STAINLESS STEEL ACCESSORIES.

NEW MICROWAVE INSTALLED ALSO. 

THURSDAY:

 What a climate change; definitely not a swim day.   Bob was happy with the weather change and he went right out to wax the motor home.   He usually works on it after supper but that doesn't allow much  time. 



YA ALL KNOW HE ISN'T SUPPOSE TO BE ON A LADDER, SEE HOW HE CHEATS.  GOTTA WATCH HIM EVERY MINUTE!



KEEP GOING BOB, IT'S A BIG JOB
When he got tired, he called the company that makes the umbrella that broke yesterday in the wind.  "No parts available, take it back to the store."  That's what he did.  Lo and behold, they ordered him a new one!  That was a surprise. 


THIS UMBRELLA IS JUNK NOW

I was busy all day, doing small  stuff.  Just putzing!  I didn't have much ambition, I was up most of the night-itching!   I'm thinking it's the medicine I'm taking.  

That evening, I did go out to the motor home and put Old English on some more of the wood cabinets.  I have a long way to go.

FRIDAY:
Hay, a chance to go shopping.  Sarah had class from 9am-3pm on her computer and she had requested (very nicely) that we keep the noise down so she could hear. 



ATTENDING GRAD CLASS ON LINE

Well, I knew we couldn't do that as how do you make breakfast, lunch and supper, quietly.  So I suggested to Bob that we go do some shopping.  I had a Mother's Day gift certificate to Macy's that was burning a hole in my pocket.  So off to Galleria we go. 
I had received a flyer with a perfume sample (long ago) and I liked it and wanted some.  All I could remember was it was Karen something.  So I asked for help and the ladies knew exactly what I wanted...DONNA KAREN  perfume.  They had a kit which included other items (for $2.00 more) so they suggested I try it and do some more shopping until it "flavored"/dried!  I liked it!  Not to strong!   I wandered around, no bathing suits left, so I returned to the cosmetics counter to purchase the kit.  Thanks D & D!
Then on to JC Penney's.  I have this fetish about buying towels, Betsy kids me.  I just don't have enough hand towels for in the motor home so I added four to that supply.

Then we went to the Apple store.  Was that place busy!  All kids going back to school, I guess.  The two gray hairs (us) must have stood out like a sore thumb.  I wanted to sign up for classes so I could read books on Betsy's IPAD. 
A young man attended to us for the initial request and found a worker who could help us.  The girl gave us several instructions and a web site address to sign up for classes. 
She was so good and so patient.  The printing was so small on the IPAD, I could hardly read the icons as she mentioned them.  She solved that problem too.

We had a huge meal at "Five Guys" and headed home.  About 6:30pm we decided to go for ice cream as we weren't hungry enough for a meal.

After I tried to use the IPAD.  I read the weather, Face Book, and all the free books in the library.  There was one free mystery book so I down loaded it.  (Betsy got a message on her phone that someone had downloaded a book, aut oh.)   So now I'm all set for a couple nights of reading, the book has a 1000 pages.  I was pleased with my first set of instructions. 

Bob wanted to work on polishing the MH (outside) but it had sprinkled so he offered to polish the cabinets inside.  I welcome the help! 


Back in the house for the night, I suggested we check  out the  JOHN WAYNE movies that will be on  all weekend.  A 1967 movie; all drama and shoot outs.  I guess he rode a horse a couple times.   They shot up the gin mill bar door and the next scene the door was brand new, no holes.   It was so funny.
SATURDAY:
Hay, what's this?  Another cool day.  Rats!
A good cup of coffee and we are off-to what?


I need to order coffee for our Keurig k-cup machine.  During the week our machine was acting up, only a 1/2 a cup each time. So Bob ran the vinegar routine threw it.  It's better now.  I placed my order with the mailer discount coupon and I added another beverage cooler glass.  Under the rewards section you can buy (one per order) a insulated glass (usually $9.99) for $4.99 plus 50 points.  We have a couple already and I'm hooked on cold coffee drinks. 

I did a couple loads of towels and worked on the computer a while.  The day just flew by.

After supper with warm ups, we drove downtown to check out the WNY  ROUND UP RALLY.  Motorcycles were every where. 





THE WHITE BIKE ON LEFT CORNER WAS PRETTY.





THIS BIKE WAS FOR SALE.

VENDORS ON STREET THAT WAS BLOCKED OFF.



The restaurants were participating with special meals and sandwiches.  There was some bikes on Main Street but it didn't compare to Americad at Lake George.  A good start for an event.

We came home and watched some TV.  I couldn't wait to get back to my book.  It's a mystery story within the Buffalo area.  The author has named several towns nearby, the Broadway Market, and a old church.  The characters went for Chicken Wings but the Anchor Bar wasn't mentioned. 

SUNDAY:
Another cooler day.  I got up this morning an shut the bedroom window as quick as I could. 

Betsy mixed up some turkey burgers to freeze.  Then we  went to a couple stores over town.  Not much on the agenda today.  I made some telephone calls to check up on family. 

Bob continued to wax the motor home.  He was rained out twice. 

Nothing to exciting happening here.  So guess I'll post this and go back to my book. 

Have a good week everyone. 

GOLDEN GRAM 















No comments:

Post a Comment