Sunday, August 5, 2012

RAIN TWICE THIS WEEK!

THIS WENT OVER OUR HOUSE ON SUNDAY!




MONDAY:

Our day was wrapped around the bank problems and my doctors appointment in Brockport. 
Bob decided to go to the bank by himself as he felt they wouldn't know anything down town so why should two of us sit there.  It just happened that a young man there was very helpful.  He called people for most of the problems.  The credit card difference was because I paid early (didn't want an interest charge while away)  and they added another credit return to the statement.  They adjusted the bank deduction.  They had no idea why we had trouble with the downloads.  They had no idea why our July monthly savings wasn't taken out.  Bob had to reenter the function once he was home; it was wiped out.   We're working on it was there standard answer. 
Their computers must have been down.

The doctors visit went pretty fast once we got there.  Bob had directions in his head that was taking us to Holley.  I said, whoa boy, turn around this isn't right.  He was still on overload from the bank.  The doctor was of another nationality and hard to understand but she was very patient with me asking what?  She did a scrapping and put the skin under a microscope, came back and told me it wasn't a fungus.  So, now the practice of medicine goes on.  First doctor said a fungus, went back maybe eczema, now PSORIASIS.  I have 2 new meds to try, return in a month. 

We went to Wegman's grocery store.  We bought a cup of coffee and carried that around while picking up a few things.  Doesn't take much to reach $100.00.

Evening Olympics again. 

TUESDAY:

Kinda a dull day.  I went to the Rite Aid store for the meds.  They had one prescription and sent me to the west end Rite Aid store  for the black slave and soap.  They didn't have it either and will order it so I have to go back tomorrow.   It was hot and muggy. 

About 3 o"clock it started to rain.  Severe thunder.  It poured until 6:30pm.  Bob says the rain gauge registers 3.75 inches.  The water in the pool is up over the filter opening.  The over passes flooded down town and several dummies drove into it. 




WATER RUNNING DOWN OUR FRONT DITCH.




WEDNESDAY:

We both had errands to do.  So about noon we piled in the Escape and started out.  Bob is back to working on the window frame on west side of house; it has turned into a big job.  3 sides are rotten.  Home Depot didn't have the clap board so we had to go to  Genesee Lumber.  No scrap pieces, so we had to buy a whole board. 

I went into Rite Aid and was able to pick up the salve (made with coal tar) but they couldn't allow me to bring the soap home (sitting right on the counter) as it was by prescription only so they had to call the doctor.   We went on with our shopping.  In Bed, Bath & Beyond the drug store called me.  "The doctor isn't in today!"  Oh brother,  now I have to go back again tomorrow.

Oh the flies!  They are buzzing me, where's the swatter?

In the evening we watched more of the Olympics.  The athletes are awesome!  This is just my opinion-but I think the USA uniforms stink.  There's no pazza!  The grey jackets that they have to receive the medals in look like there from a Communist country. 

Later Bob went out to see the Blue Moon. 


THE BLUE MOON.  

THURSDAY:

The house seems cooler today.  Good day to clean!  Sarah is coming home for a week  so I should shake a dust cloth a little since it's been a couple weeks. 
Then my friend, Mo calls.  She was in the area, coming for coffee.
After she left, I continued my cleaning effort.  I put Old English on our kitchen set.  Well, the table and two chairs.  That was enough for now.  I'll catch the other two chairs next time. 

After Bob's nap we went for a swim.  We had our four o'clock coffee outside in the sun.  Boy, I'm getting nervous about how many more swim days we will have. 

Betsy wasn't going to be home for dinner tonight so we went to Miss
Batavia.  Then over to Rite Aid again to pick up the soap prescription.


More Olympics; I didn't realize there was so many varieties of volleyball and water games.   


FRIDAY:

I couldn't get to sleep last night.  I saw 5:30am roll around.  During the day I felt like a zombie! 
I changed our bedding and made supper (tuna casserole, ugh!)  that was about it, except going in the pool.

Bob made one more trip to Home Depot for paint to finish the window. 





IT WAS HARD WORK AS HE HAD TO CRAWL AROUND THE FILTER. 

SATURDAY:

No plans for the day, kinda boring.  Usually we have so much going on it's mind boggling.  So I decided to crank up the air conditioner so I could bake something.  I was in the mood for something lemon.  I found a lemon cake mix which I added poppy seed to and made cupcakes.  I put cream cheese frosting on them.   That's calories we don't need sitting around but oh so good.

Once baking dishes were washed and put away; I went out to enjoy the pool.  It was hot out.  I took my paperback book with me and sat under the umbrella to read.  I'm  not suppose to sit in the sun with this medicine for my feet.  What a pain in the kister!


We had a steak for supper and I made fresh cauliflower to go with that and a salad.  Love the veggies!

We had the Olympics on again but we were both reading until a different venue came on.  It was so hot in the rec room we eventually went up stairs to the air conditioners.  85o at night!

SUNDAY:

Looks very grey out.  Maybe more rain coming. 

Sarah on her way, she will be home about 4 o:clock. 

I was just getting interested in doing something outside and the rain came down in buckets.  Lots of thunder & lightening.  We ran around closing windows.  The ditch out front is full again.  We retreated into the house; Bob napped and I read.  I finished another book so now I have to go on line and look up another.  (Sandra Brown/SMASH CUT.  Mystery based on Movies.) 

CINDER DOES NOT LIKE THE THUNDER, SHE WAS WAITING FOR ME TO COME IN FROM THE PORCH DECK.


Sarah is home now, guess I'll close and go visit with her.  Everyone have a good week.  Stay cool.

Thanks for clicking in.


GOLDEN GRAM








No comments:

Post a Comment