Sunday, August 19, 2012

MONDAY:
I worked in some computer stuff while doing the washing.  I read some Blogs.  Nothing to exciting.

TUESDAY:
I got up with swollen eyes. plus the itching!  Aut Oh!  I called the dermatologist.  She would call me back.

Busy, Busy!  We went to two stores today to pick up more groceries for our weekend camp out.  We had another member call today to say they were coming, so we are up to 6 units or 12 people.   It should be a good time. 


After lunch we drove to Lockport as Bob had a doctors appointment and I had a hair cut scheduled.  I visited with the newly weds while Bob was at the doctors.   We had coffee and I saw the honeymoon album that Christianna had made on computer.  I also looked at the photo album from the photographers who made an album of all photos from the photo booth.  That was comical with guests all trying to get in one picture or all dressed in the disguised garb provided.

The dermatologist called while I was visiting.  Stop the medicine, (DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE-THAT WILL GO ON MY ALLERGY LIST)  get Beneadryl!  Call me Monday.  

Betsy had supper all  ready for us.  After I made up another batch of Sloppy Joe's, I want to be sure to have enough.

I'm working on computer a bit then calling it a day, going to read.
WEDNESDAY:
It was beautiful today but a cool morning.  Our pool temp has dropped with all the rain.  To busy to swim anyways, as I have another doctor's appointment and a Retirement picnic. 

I went to the Orthopaedics doctor for the last check up.  I told him most of the numbness has gone away.  I told him about my attempt to ride the bike at Ride For Roswell.  He told me to get back on and try it again, but put the seat up high.  All things checked out: he was pleased and said that I made him look good and he gave me a high five!   If I have trouble during the winter with the other knee all I have to do is call him.  
From the doctors office I drove to the picnic.  By then it was nice and warm and the pavilion was comfortable.  We had about 26 Dept. of Social Services retirees.  It was nice to see everyone.  We had time to visit and then our meal.  After the girls in charge had all our names in a hat.  They drew the first name and that person had to stand and speak on their happenings.  Then that person drew the next name, etc. etc.  Many retirees are babysitting grandchildren or elderly parents.

I made the Western style stuffed peppers for supper.  Now I can concentrate on our camp out.  It's load up time.

THURSDAY:
Just concentrated on packing for the camp out.
FRIDAY:
We said good by to Cinder and made sure her water dishes were full.  Then we left home about 10:30am.  We drove up to the college parking lot to hook up the car.  Hit the thruway and we were off.
Another couple was all  set up at camp when we arrived.  They only had a 20 minute drive.  Shortly after we started set up, two more coaches pulled in. 



THE ELECTRIC BOX WAS FULL OF BEES. 
BOB B., JOHN G., BOB J. 
JOHN WAS STUNG TWO TIMES.



WE ALL SAT AROUND AND VISITED UP TO AND DURING COCKTAIL HOUR.

Two couples came for the day that no longer have an RV, we enjoyed seeing them. 
I had made reservations for Fish Fry at a hotel up town so we all drove there for 6:00pm.   The service was horrible; one table was served and the other table of members sat and waited for a long time.  (I'd say 20 minutes or more)

Back at camp, members played cards in the Fireman's hall.  The coffee pots were set up for breakfast.  Some members viewed slides of  Bob J.'s trip out to Yellowstone and abouts. 
For some unknown reason, I slept really good.  I was surprised as the Shrimp In the Basket was bothering me before bed time.  The temp dipped down during the night and Bob had the furnace going when I got up.  Fall is creeping in.

SATURDAY:
Up at 6:00am, shower and dress, head for the kitchen in the hall. 

SAY WIENER!
We had sausage and pancakes to make.  I had brought the electric skillet and crock pots so I started the sausage.



HOPE THEY ARE HUNGRY.

Bob wanted to cook the pancakes on the kitchen's big grill so he proceeded to light that up.  He had a little trouble and when I looked over;  he had the whole thing tore apart.  I expected to hear; click, click, boom!  


CLICK, CLICK, BOOM!
The ladies and I started the pancakes on my electric grill.  Soon Bob had the grill going and he cooked too.  Breakfast went off without a hitch!

That afternoon many members went up town to go thru the huge Five and Ten Cent type of store called Vidler's.  We also checked out a couple cupcake places.  Some gals went to garage sales.

CUPCAKE SHOP


WE JUST BOUGHT TWO!  NONE TO BRING HOME TO BETSY!  TOUGH LOVE!



THIS STORE WAS CALLED - HEAD OVER HEELS.  PHOTOS COULD BE TAKEN IN THE FIGURES OUTSIDE.  WE COULDN'T FIND A PARKING SPOT.


Later we just sat around (again) up to and during cocktail time.  The guys tried to fix a slide out on a coach that the owner had trouble putting out.  No luck.  Our National Director and his wife came without their motor home.  A couple weeks ago they left for the International Rally in Gillette, Wyoming and as they stopped at the first Pennsylvania rest area the windshield exploded.  (For the third time)  They had to return home and it still isn't repaired. 
She made a new cheese dip that had to be baked.  We tried to light the oven in the kitchen without any luck so I offered to bake it in my convection oven.  (I didn't want click, click, boom) We had so many dips to try that we all over ate. 

For dinner we had the Sloppy Joe's and dishes that the ladies had prepared.  Dessert included.  A short Business Meeting followed. 





PRESIDENT BOB, PRESIDING OVER HIS FIRST HRRVC CHAPTER 12 BUSINESS MEETING.  HE DID A GOOD JOB BUT INSISTED ON THIS PHOTO!   BIG HEAD OR WHAT?


Some members played cards.  I went in to read and rest my legs and back.  Bob B. played the guitar and sang.

SUNDAY:
We had an easy Continental Breakfast.  Since it was so nice out, several decided to stay for lunch. 
We really had a funny visit.  The guys told of the times when they had the first scratch on their motor homes and the buildings, trees, roofs, etc. that they had hit.  We were really laughing at their tales, even thou it wasn't funny at the time.  We heard everything from E-z Pass to tire pressure.  It was fun.
When our  resident Nurse returned from church she examined my feet and told me a few other medicines to try on the creepn' crude.  
 
Lunch time: so out comes the Sloppy Joes again. Glad to get rid of them.  After it was break camp and head home. 


RESIDENT DEER GRACED OUR CAMPING AREA

We had a wonderful time making memories.  Another week to face coming up.

Hope you all had a good one.  Thanks for riding along and clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM
















1 comment:

  1. You always inspire me to try new recipes and activities! Where was the campground?

    ReplyDelete