Sunday, October 21, 2012

A SICK HOUSEHOLD, DARN WEIRD WEATHER.

MONDAY:
Photos of the 2012 NIKE LLS marathon that TEAM ANNALYNN was in San Fransico.



SOME OF TEAM ANNALYNN  




 

MORE OF THE TEAM

 
 
IF THIS IS THE NECKLACE I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT, IT'S DISAPPOINTING! 
 

 
 
 
DEBBIE  STILL IN SF, CALF.
 

I guess it's my turn to be sick.  Betsy has been fighting a cold which turned into walking penumonia, Bob has been coughing for about a week, and was miserable while camping.  Now I'm sneezing and a blowing the nose.  There's not to much ambition that goes with it either.  I took care of the last two loads of wash and that was about it. 
During lunch last week with friends, we traded books.  I'm now reading the Apostle of Charity.  The life story of Father Nelson Henry Baker.  His birthdate is not confirmed but he died in 1936.  He lived in Lackawanna.  He extended the boys home, built the unwed mother's home, a hospital, and a Basilica.  The Basilica has stone or marble from Europe.  It's amazing what he accomplished without a computer.  His story is unconditional love, unbridled faith, and an unshakable belief in a better life for all God's children.  Remind's me of Grandma Lang in many ways as each time there was a birth in our family, Gram would say "One more head for God to love!"

TUESDAY:

I was up early so I checked the computer for more pics.  Then I folded yesterdays washing.  Man the sweatshirts!  Weather is weird!  Cold then 70o. 
I went downtown to post some mail early with the hope of the delivery making it to Lancaster for my sons birthday tomorrow.  Hope, hope, pray, pray.  Also stopped at Aldi's for some veggies. 

After lunch I had some accounts on computer to balance.  That wiped out several hours. 

Debbie just called from Honolulu, they were waiting on their room to be ready.  Saturday they will move to Maui where Rocco has a conference.  Looks so beautiful!  

Trying to decide if I'm going to watch the debate.  Wonder which face Obama will wear tonight.  Last debate it didn't look like he wanted the job.  Who would? 
WEDNESDAY:
Really not up to snuff, the ears and throat hurts now.  So I started to make cabbage rolls  so there would be something ready to eat.  I boiled the leaves and let them cool.  (a kitchen hint Gram Rindo taught me; when leaves are cool, turn them over and trim the hard vein so the leaf is more flexible for rolling) While the hamburg defrosted I laid down.  About 3 o"clock I fried the onions and put the rolls together.  I let them cook until supper time.   That's about all I got done for the day.  I didn't even feel like reading.
THURSDAY:
Betsy went back to work today after being home sick for two days.  I got up to eat and that was it.  I've had chills and fever spells.  It certainly doesn't make anything exciting to write about. 
Bob was feeling better from his cold so he went back up to the fishing creek in Waterport, so it was nice and quite here except for my phone ringing.  



ROCKY ENJOYING THE WAKIKI BEACH!





DEBBIE @ THE BEACH





ROCCO & ROCKY AT THE REDWOOD FOREST.




FRIDAY:
A nice morning.  I feel a little bit better.  I decided to dress warm and go out to clean all freezable (and mouse temptations) out of the motor home while Bob does the winterizing.   Then I had all that stuff to put away inside the house, but it's done and I won't be worried about this changing weather getting the best of me.  A frozen mess wouldn't be fun next spring.  So our dearly beloved motor home is put away for the winter; we will have to find other entertaining events. 
Bob had more to do than I did so I came inside until he finished up.  I decided to find out what we owed to Betsy for tolls since the EZ pass is in her name.   I worked on three months billing.  We had some pretty long runs and it adds up quickly. 

SATURDAY:
We had a early wake up as David & Donna were coming to borrow our truck to move some furniture for Alex.  They brought a box of big, beautiful donuts from a new place called Paula's on Main St. in Lancaster.  They were delicious.  They had to be in Rochester by 10 so they didn't have long to stay.





After lunch, I laid down to watch TV.  I fell asleep.  Bob shook me to tell me he had a change of plans.  Now he was driving Donna's car to Lancaster and picking up our truck. David could use some help with a screen door.  ?
I had the rest of the day to myself and didn't do a thing. 

SUNDAY:
Still lazy, not much going on around here.  Bob watching the Bills game.  I hope to watch the Steeler's tonight if I can stay awake.
This is a lousy blog so consider the circumstances.  Kerchoo!  This too shall pass!     Next week will be better.

So have a good week, making memories.


GOLDEN GRAM








No comments:

Post a Comment