Sunday, October 28, 2012

MORE FISH STORIES & OPEN HOUSE FRO ALEX

MONDAY:
I started the week off early, I was up before Betsy started getting ready for work.  I made my coffee and went downstairs to keep quite.  I turned the tellie on real low, laid down on the sofa and promptly fell asleep until 10:00.  Bob was up a doing jobs all ready.  My excuse, I was up and down all night. 
Yesterday, I watched the Bills loose their game and worried that the Steelers might loose theirs.  The Steelers had the dropsy's!  It was very frustrating and I felt like turning the TV off!  My attitude was probably because Troy wasn't playing due to an ankle injury.  He's my man!  So then I start watching for Hines Ward.  What to heck, he appears in a suit and tie and does an announcement.  He isn't playing either; did he get let go?  I wanted to know so I looked up the Steeler's web site on the Ipad
(I'm in bed watching the end of game)  and found out Hines had retired in March!  Retired?  How did I miss that?  Guess that makes me a very passive fan. 
We both went down town (once I woke up) as  I had 2 packages to mail, wanted to go to the restaurant supply, BJ'S, and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Phew, we did it and I was whipped.   Bob suggested getting lunch at Burger King so we went there.  Burger King has been remodeling since early summer and they even did the inside dinning areas.  It's mostly red with real light wood.   They have more smaller tables for two, a couple booths formed with high walls and cushioned stools on the isle side.  They have 3 sofas and a coffee table up front which is really different and towards the back they put in a high counter with 8 really high chairs along with other sitting areas. I always think those high walls are protection in the event  a nut case comes in shooting!  It's happened in other cities.
At home we put our purchases away, and I started the wash.  Bob wanted to work outside for awhile so we had a later supper. 
Now it's almost time for the debate so I'm hurrying.  This debate will make or break it, the news commentators are saying.  Today's polls had the two contestants tied.  I saw this cute cartoon on Face Book and I had to copy it.
TUESDAY:
Our calendar this week is jammed.  This morning we went down to the Office For The Aging to attend an insurance information meeting.  They schedule this for new Medicare recipients or anyone wishing to change providers.  The next meetings are: Tuesday-10:00-4:00-Oct. 23, Oct. 30th, Nov. 13th, and Dec. 4th)  No appointment necessary; take a chair and wait.
Their main dinning room was the location; and they had representatives from Univera, Independent Health, AARP, MVP, and a couple others.  Free coffee and donuts.  Free Blood Pressure Screening.
After talking to a rep for 1 1/2 hours and friends, we prepare to leave and Bob decides to have his blood pressure checked.  His left arm was used and he had a perfect reading.  Okay Bob lets go! Then he decides to have the right arm checked-it was high!  So that led to another big explanation and I became impatient and was on my way out!  I was happy that I didn't get a coughing jag while there so let's go already.
I want to change companies so I don't have to go thur the referral process since my doctor's staff is so slow.  I'd change doctors too if I knew one taking new clients. 
We had lunch at home and Bob laid down for his nap.  I baked cookies as the guys are going fishing tomorrow.  About 3o'clock Alex came.  He needed to put things in our garage while he went to have his Jeep weighed.  He is in the process of preparing for his departure to Vance Air Force Base and they will pay for his moving expense.  Alex was back in an hour.
I tried to talk him into doing a Blog when he is gone but he wasn't  to excited about that as he isn't a Face book member. 
We all had dinner together and waited for David to come.  The guys worked in the garage fixings their poles and hooks until 9:00.  One of my nieces mentioned deer hunting videos at their house, fishermen are not left out,  my guys had their own seminar with their IPADS and Apps on tying knots.  (Their not taking them to the creek, I have to finish my story.)They were instructed to wear their boots and gear in the car and be ready to head for the creek at 5:30am.  Oh my-all for fishing!  I made a big batch of popcorn just like I used to do when I had all the grand kids home.  I haven't had Alex overnight in sometime so had to spoil him a little.  Grandma's prerogative!
WEDNESDAY:
My the house is quite.  The guys must have departed without my help.   I kept busy all day with some items to hand wash, blogging, a couple phone calls, a turkey dinner and about 3:30 I sat down to read.    At 4:45 the guys weren't home nor had they called.  So I called Bob to see if they were okay and to ask if I should leave a light on for them. Ha!   They were still in the creek!  A 13 hour fishing day, I'll bet their backs are aching.  Guess I better take the turkey out of the oven and we will have to zap it when they get home! 
And here comes the fish stories.  David and Alex both caught about 9-10 fish.  They lost count.  Bob- ???



DAVID'S FIRST CATCH!  NICE ONE!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ALEX'S BIGGEST CATCH    BIG MAMA! 
WE ALL GUESSED THE WEIGHT 10 -30 POUNDS

 



THEY CAUGHT THESE TWO AT THE SAME TIME!
DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE FISH BUT MY GUYS ARE SURE HANDSOME








BOB'S ONE AND ONLY. 




 

Before going into the creek, they had to wait until a half hour before day break.  They were to stand on bank and mark their fishing spot.  The early bird gets the worm! 

They had packed Subway sandwiches for lunch and they brought them home.  I asked how come you didn't eat?  Alex explained  to me that if you left your spot in the creek another angler would take your spot.  Can you imagine?  Men being that immature?  Alex had their guide bring him food out into the creek. 
The guys cleaned the car out and packed their gear away before supper.  We heard some more fish stories.  They left shortly after as they were exhausted. 
 THURSDAY:
What a beautiful day, sunny and hot!  We could have used the air conditioners as the kitchen was hot this after noon.  Since I haven't cleaned house in a "Coon's Age", I decided to do it today.  Well, the upstairs anyway.  I started in the bedroom, changing the bedding, and worked out from there.  It was hard to keep going.  I'd look outside and want to be out there.  Bob used the Shark machine on the kitchen and bathroom floors to help me.  Later he had a dentist appointment. I took a nap. 

FRIDAY:
 A morning trip to the grocery store as we needed a few items.  After lunch we went out to rake leaves.  Miserable job but somebody has to do it.  It was beautiful out, nice and sunny.   Bob stayed out all afternoon but I came in and did some cleaning downstairs.  Then I took another nap.  It's an effort to do anything. 
I made a simple supper and we settled in to watch TV.  Bob is happy as the "Gold Rush" is starting back up.  However, he is complaining that his back hurts.  By late evening, I had to push him up the stairs.  Oh Boy.
SATURDAY:
 A dark and gloomy day here, with some fog towards the woods.  Rain has been off and on, so much that the dog won't go out.  And, the weather men says it has nothing to do with the hurricane Sandy.  Maybe it will hit here by Tuesday. 
Bob called me this morning to say that Betsy was driving him to the chiropractor.  He was miserable. 
I promised to make chocolate dipped strawberries for the Open House tomorrow for Alex.   We can all say our goodbyes before he leaves for Vance Air force base.     So I dug into that project after we all had lunch.  I wasn't to pleased with the outcome as the chocolate looks to thick.  (any ideas?) 
For supper I prepared pork chops breaded with smashed french fried onion rings.  They are usually real good. And, I threw in potatoes to bake, easy is good.
After supper I cleaned some coconut (out of shell) to take to Lancaster.  The boys and I like it.  Bob moved around from chair to chair trying to get comfortable after being in bed most of the day.
SUNDAY:
Another dark, gloomy, wet day.  We had breakfast and prepared to go to Lancaster for the Open House.  We left about 12:00.  Betsy had made meatballs in a cranberry sauce and hot dogs (mini) in a barbe cue sauce so we wanted  to get there early to set that up. 
Donna had lots of good food; dips, cupcakes, veggie tray, carmel brownies, hoagie sandwiches to name a few.  Seems everyone brought stuff as they arrived too.
We took some photos.

 
DAVID, DONNA, ERIC & ALEX




BOB, ALEX AND CAROLINE
MANY  GOOD LUCK WISHES  TO OUR FLY BOY!




MY THREE HANDSOME GRANDSONS
ERIC, ROCKY & ALEX

 We visited with alot of people.  Donna said they are leaving on Thursday now to drive Alex out to Oklahoma.  He has to be signed in by the 3rd.  His Jeep is packed; the only problem is not enough room for passengers!  They have to work on that one!

Debbie and Rocco were tanned from their vacation in Hawaii.  Annalynn brought a couple deserts; a pumpkin filled coffee cake which was very good.  Right in the season!  Christianna, the new bride was making a list of groceries so she can host Thanksgiving.  Tradition for a new bride in our family!  She decided to turn the turkey cooking over to Rocky and Mike.  They freaked out! 

Some of us tried to watched the Steeler's game but it was just to noisy to hear once the guests  came.  Alex's friend Jay is doing his student teaching in Phys Ed and he knew every player on the field.  Big sports fan.  What did you think of the Steeler's uniforms from 1937?  They looked like a swarm of bees! 

We are home now and it's time to the veggie out and get the pajamas on. 

So I'm posting early.  Have a good week and I'll pray we all survive "Sandy" with out damage.  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM








 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment