Sunday, December 9, 2012

We're getting "er" done!

My hall wreath.
MONDAY:
Today is wash day again, and nothing makes it pleasant.  Lots of sweatshirts now.   I work on the computer in between changing loads.  Same room so it's convenient. 
I was preparing a grocery list for tomorrow and I tried to plan all my cookie baking ingredients and Christmas dinner items that would keep.  While at it I started texting the grand kids to see what they wanted to drink...I thought they all liked the exotic drinks (muscle building type) that are out and I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't request any.  I have a biggie list that will probably break the bank.
I did some more scrap booking.  I put together another 2 pages but I'm realizing I'd better hurry up as that series won't be done by Christmas Day.





PRINTS FROM 2011
When the musical special came on with "Blake-The Voice judge"  (what's his name) I watched the whole thing.  I don't usually watch much TV but that was great.  He has a nice voice. 
TUESDAY:
Today we had to go to the Office For The Aging and turn in our choice for insurance coverage for next year.  It was painless!  It wasn't as busy (last day) as we expected so with that done we headed across town to do other errands. 
We picked up a few items in BJ's and then went to Tops grocery store to do as much shopping as possible at 6% off-"Young At Heart" day for seniors. 
After unloading it all at home, Bob realized we didn't buy anything to go with our 4 o"clock coffee.  (Like goodies)  That has to be a first!  
We watched the Victoria Secret special; guess we were to tired to do much else. 

WEDNESDAY:
We had a fun day in Rochester.  After a doctor's appointment; we had lunch and then charged through the stores with all the other shoppers.  That Christmas Tree store looked like a wind storm had hit it.  What a mess.
A. C. Moore is right next door so I buzzed thur there and found a few stocking items.  For me of course!  Just kidding.  By the time we finished in Bed, Bath and Beyond, I was whipped.  Enough already.
 I fixed a nice big supper (chicken-broccoli Parmesan) as Sarah is home due to a death on her father's family side.  I was more than happy to sit afterwards and work on my Christmas cards.  Bob printed address labels for me so that was a big help.  When he asked me what names to put on the return address, and suggested several ideas, I was getting crabby and could have bit his head off.  Do it all but above all, remain normal!   Time for bed!
THURSDAY:
As long as I had to go down town for blood work I talked Bob into going with me.  He can just drive me around town while I pick up the miscellaneous stocking gifts.  (Last year, the adult kids changed the rules for stocking gifts, they would rather have less than to receive junk)  I think I'm slipping as I got all confused and called Betsy..."do we do one $10.00 gift per person from each of us?"  She said, "yes."  Then I got nervous; did I do it right last year?  I'm so used to writing from Grandma and Grandpa , as from the both of us.  OK, so now we are on the pace for 13 gifts-twice.  Good thing it was nice and warm out as we dashed in and out of stores, may not be that way next week.  We had a good old time, laughing at each other as we tried to hold our thoughts together...lol...you'd have thought we were drinking.  I think I have a couple extra gift certificates for Dunkin Donuts as we were more interested in the donut we wanted with our coffee than what we were suppose to concentrate on.
That evening we went to calling hours in Rochester then to dinner at Olive Gardens. 
FRIDAY:
More ripping and tearing around in Rochester during the day. 
We were all home for dinner and no one felt like cooking so Betsy ordered out. 
Bob was digging out all our old cameras to take to the camera store for trade in.  He wants a new flash for his camera.  While digging thur the storage he found a flash that he had purchased long ago for our current  camera..  Okay Bob!  He has a good size box full. 
SATURDAY:
Home alone again!  Wonderful!  Betsy and Sarah went shopping and Bob left for the camera shop.  I decided to do what I wanted to do also so I went to my scrap booking room and I stayed there all day. Low and behold I finished the 2011 Christmas series about 11:00pm.  I can now put it on the coffee table for Christmas day.  I have a some journaling that I could add later. 




PICS OF COOKIES MADE LAST YEAR, WE ARE NOT MAKING THAT MANY THIS YEAR!

 

THE FIRST PAGE FOR 2011, ALL FACES ON WREATH.


Bob came home about mid day.  The man buying cameras made fast work of Bob's box full.  Mostly too old and he didn't want them.  He did buy two and gave Bob $100.00 for them.  Bob then picked out a slim little camera that is 16 pixels and all that important stuff.   I don't know how he bargained but it only ended up costing him $39.00. 
Bob spent the evening loading the camera software and studying all it's components.
SUNDAY:
I didn't get up  to early so my morning was a wash out.  Everybody else was in full gear doing whatever.   
Bob played with the new camera most of the day.  I wrapped stocking gifts.
Sarah and Betsy were washing clothes and packing them for Sarah's return trip to Providence. 

DOING MY BLOG.
CINDER HAS HER EYE ON YOU BOB!


SARAH PATIENTLY WAITING FOR BOB TO TAKE THE PICTURE.



SARAH TIRED OF GPA'S IDEAS.
SHE'S GETTING READY TO GO TO AIRPORT.

These last photos are kinda pink.  Wonder what setting he used. 

Enough for this week which has passed so quickly.  Just keep plugging along everyone, we will make it. 

Hope you all have a good week.  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM 

No comments:

Post a Comment