Sunday, January 6, 2013

WHY IS THERE STILL LOTS TO DO?


MONDAY: 
This is a bad start, I can't get my days straight!  We went to the grocery store  to load up on things for dinner on New Year's Eve.  Then it was mostly prepare the meal and wait for company and enjoy.  Son,  David and family was coming for over night, so they could bring Alex to the Rochester airport bright and early.  We had French onion soup, prime rib and apple pie.  And, I must say to my surprise it was all delicious.  That oven of ours gave me fits;  the temp was way off when Bob tested it as we didn't think the roast was cooking enough.  Other than that, eat your heart out Martha! 




Before the news coverage of the Times Square ball we all looked at Christmas photo albums and played the game, APPLES TO APPLES.  It was fun and different.   Then we all settled in to watch TV.  Betsy  and Bob had installed the Apple TV converter (Betsy's exchange gift)  and Alex and David explained how to use it.  On You Tube he could show us Enid, OK., and the Air Force Base.  Neat, all you have to do is spell good.  I requested Scrap booking to see if there was any videos.  There was and I had my first introduction to them.  Now all that fancy stuff leaves me paranoid, I'll be afraid to turn the TV on. 
I have no idea where everyone slept as I had passed out before midnight and woke up crabby for the celebration.  Hugs and kisses all around and I headed for bed.  I set my alarm for 6:00am. 
TUESDAY:
We heard the alarm, got up and wished Alex a safe trip.  Then back to bed. 
The day was sluggish to say the least.   But true to tradition; I put a pork roast and sauerkraut in the oven for supper.  Tradition or  customs that are in grained from child hood.   I wonder if the purpose of sauerkraut is to wash out the sweets once you get diarrhea!  Ha.   
 I did take time to watch the birds.  I haven't braved the cold yet to take out my birdseed cookies for them.  Everyone on FB is seeing Cardinals, why not me?  We did see a big fox prowling in the backfield. 
Bob started installing his Christmas gift shop lights in the garage.
He hasn't had much time to finish his project with all the snow removal.


FIRST INSTALLED SHOP LIGHT

WEDNESDAY:
Today could have turned into a battle!  Bob was set in his ways to go to Buffalo and exchange the new camera and do other returns.  I was not with the program!  I had no idea he was a wanting to do that.  I needed a couple hours to dig up all the receipts for return items.  And to wake up!   After shower and etc., I was ready and he didn't want to go anymore, he had called the camera shop, talked to the owner and decided he would keep the current camera.  (Well why didn't he do that in the first place?)   New plans; have lunch and go to Rochester with returns from there.  So that followed true to thoughts. 
Betsy and I hustled up chicken (Sunday's left over roast chicken) and biscuits for dinner.  After she started to take the ornaments off the living room tree.  I scooted off to my craft room to check my A.C. Moore purchases and to check my scrapping paper supply.   Then I was gun hoe to watch more videos on scrapn' on You Tube.  I sat in front of the TV for a couple hours.  This was not a night for Bob's stories or it never would have happened.  Now I have to pick out my photos and get them developed before I loose the incentive.  Go girl, go!
THURSDAY:
Is this how a Zombie feels?  I have been up prowling all night.  While reading in bed, my bed light dimmed.  Hummm....maybe someone hit a pole or something.  It came back on.  About 1:00am (still reading) I noticed a smell.  I went out to the kitchen and flipped the light switch....nothing,  a fuse must have blown.  The room smelled like burning plastic!!!  I checked around and didn't locate anything to cause that...(usually plastic lids in dish washer, but none, now I'm hyper)  I go back in bedroom and wake up Bob.  He is so annoyed with me!!!!!!!!!  He gets up to change the fuse and he doesn't smell a thing but heard a slow churning sound (maybe a motor) trying to start up.  Bob got out the schematics of the house electric. Wow, it was 2005 when we had the electric to the house up dated.  We have added so many items that use electric.  Just this week, Bob is installing his lights for the garage.  
After an hour of screaming up and down the stairs as to when the lights were on or off , we couldn't locate a thing.   Bob went back to bed.  What?  "Are you secure enough to go back to sleep?"   Not me.  I don't want to loose my house and all contents.  I did lay down but kept reading.  One time when I got up and felt hungry, I had a bowl of Cheerios.  Another trip to the kitchen I had a slice of Italian Panton bread with lemon filling within that Debbie brought to us from Toronto.  Ummm!  Another trip I ate a cookie and so went the night.  At 6am when Betsy got up, I guess I relaxed and went to sleep.  Bob thinks it's the outdoor trees by garage that have an icicle on the electric cords.  (but the smell was in the kitchen)    Hoya, Hoya my grandpa used to say.  Since Bob unplugged those trees, it hasn't happened again.  This must mean, in 2013-be cautious.  
And, now this Zombie has a house to run/manage.  On ward for as long as I can stay up right.
FRIDAY:
It's so windy today that the house windows are singing!  hummmmm.  The snow from the field is blowing all over.  Nasty!
Bob had a follow up eye appointment today and he now has a new script for glasses.  I drove him just in case they put those strong drops in his eyes.
After we went to the grocery store; our freezers are empty after all that big cooking.  While gone to the store, my Lenox order  was delivered and sitting in the snow by the door.


CHECKING THE ORDER SHEET


MEAT PLATTER
STAR DISH  GOOD FOR CRANBERRY RELISH

THE JOY BOWL


DIVIDED CANDY OR RELISH DISH 
I'm so excited to have new pieces and at half price too!

After dinner, I spent some time picking out pictures to get developed.  I probably have duplicates as Bob and David were both shooting away.  I love extra photos just in case you need it different ways.  

One of our camping couples who sold their home and began full timing in their RV finally did a Blog as they promised.  They headed south and have seen alot of sights.  I tried to make a comment and wish them a Happy New Year, but I didn't do it right so it didn't hold.  Nuts!
SATURDAY:
Everybody had projects today.  Now that we will have Net Flex, Betsy has decided to cancel Time Warner.  Bob and Betsy worked hard on reprogramming the TV after they removed the cable box.  Wires and tempers were flying...stay out of that room!


TV PROJECT


I went into my craft room and tried to reorganize things in there.  I have supplies stashed that I forgot I had.  I did figure out how to get my Stamping Up items into some drawers for easier access. 

When that proved to demanding; I sat down and worked on my ribbon wreath.  I'm trying to use up ribbons that were on packages instead of throwing them away.   They are all so pretty with glitter.  

Well, goof ball (me) did something again to her Blog program.  I can't put photos in from the Dell desk top.  Bob and Betsy both worked on it and couldn't solve it.  Bob even called our friend BJ for help.  It ended up that we had to open the program on the new Apple machine and I had to work there.  Oh my I was scared!  Every time I moved the mouse--swish the screen shifted side ways and I had no idea how to retrieve it.  Bob repeated and repeated directions for me.  He was tired and was a saint for putting up with me. 
Again, I had to pick out photos to send in for developing, once Bob brought the Wal-Mart site up.  (What to heck happened to the ones I already marked?)The pictures were so small, I couldn't had to strain to see them.  There must be away to enlarge that screen.  We can't go to Apple school soon enough.
SUNDAY:
My alarm went off at 6:00am.  Bob heard it and he got up to get ready for his fishing trip with the boys.  I had set out some cookies and crackers for him to take for a snack.  He made a thermos of coffee.  34 degrees and they are going fishing.  No fish on earth is worth that to me!

Betsy decided to take down the rest of the Christmas decorations.  By the time that I had showered and fixed my hair; she was half done.  I also cooked fixings for potato salad and put spare ribs in the oven.   I should have dragged my feet a little longer, ha.  We finished up together.  So now all I have to take down is my glass tree.  I just registered my new Lenox dishes on line.  Now they can be put away. 
Tomorrow we have school/lessons at the Apple store, up at Galleria Mall.   That should be way over my head but I'll hang in there. 
We are looking forward to a new week.  Hope you have a good one.  Thanks for clicking in!
GOLDEN GRAM











No comments:

Post a Comment