Sunday, January 27, 2013

WHEN IT'S COLD, STAY IN AND SCRAPBOOK!

MONDAY:
At home day.  We watched the weather reports and was very happy that the snow didn't come here.  It went North and South of us.  

I tried to get a look at Michelle Obama's dress for the inauguration as the commenter's didn't think it was a good choice.  However, I wasn't willing to give up the time to sit thru the speech.  The two daughters looked very nice.  
TUESDAY:
Boy, I have been busy all day.  I finally caught up on some of my personal card writing,  paid a couple bills and  did a little computer work.
I had other plans to go shopping but not with the temp at 10 degrees.  Bob did go out for a haircut.  

I'm still working on organizing my scrapbook area.  So I shot some photos of my  new scraping organizers.
MY NEW CUBBIE FOR GLITTER & MISC.
MY PAGES AND PROTECTORS ARE SORTED NOW.  THERE ARE TWO SIZES. 
STICKER BOOK; I HAD TWO AND I SPENT SEVERAL HOURS COMBINING THEM TO ONE BOOK.

MY NEW ORGANIZER FOR PENS, SCISSORS, & TAPE. 

 
WEDNESDAY:
Happy mid week day breakers!  It's another frigid morning out there!  What's the mercury reading where your at?  I have my coffee and I'm trying to wake up.  I can hear Bob in the kitchen, he is emptying the dish washer.  I'll just stay here for a while till he finishes, I'm not to fond of that job either.
We have a trip to Rochester this morning, to see the new dermatologist.  I have excuses to go to Macy's and A.C. Moore again.  One return and coupons!  

I need to find stuff to put in a get well basket for my friend who has completed 6 weeks of radiation.  Maybe I should say, a recovery basket; even thou it's not surgery, it's still a complete invasive procedure.  She's lost all her hair this time and she is not to perky!

We arrived home just minutes before Betsy came in from work.  She helped me with supper.  Well, she mandated somewhat.  I intended to make pancakes and she wanted macaroni and cheese.  So we nixed the pancakes and waited till she made mac & cheese from scratch and cooked hot dogs.   Hoa! Hoa! 
I finished 2 scrap pages and started a third one after supper.  I had a book to finish so I didn't work long before going to bed.
THURSDAY:
I did alot of research on the computer this morning.  What did we do without computers?   Bob did about four errands for me. 

I gave up on the idea of a get well basket as I didn't find enough stuff.  So I hunted for a pretty little bag that was cheery.  I called my friend, Mickey and we went to visit her.   She is wearing a turban and looks a lot better than I expected.  We had a good visit with lots of laughs, but the guys talked so loud it was hard to hear Mickey.  She has low volume now.

After we drove to Le Roy just to check out an exercise place.  My friend, Mo says come and try it.  We had a short orientation tour and pick up info and came home. 

I wrapped a baby gift for a soon to be grandma that wouldn't take money for a purchase that she made for me.  Kinda a thank you,   They are expecting a boy and I found the cutest boy outfits in Macy's on Wednesday. 

I didn't feel up to par so I watched TV with Bob for an hour then went to bed.  I didn't even read, very unlike me.  I slept like a log.  That's a first in a long, long time. 

FRIDAY:
I was gun hoe to go for groceries early.  I hate coming home in late afternoon and then have to fix supper there after.    So, I plopped my Steeler's hat on my head and away we went.  I can shower later.  I saw a few people snickering at me.  Who cares. 

We put all  the groceries away and then had a delicious "lunch meat party".  So good to have fresh grub!   After I wanted to read my new scraping magazine and Bob wanted to put his feet up for awhile so we relaxed.  I fell asleep before the 6th page!  (Too big of a lunch, maybe)    My coffee friend stopped and left a book and I never heard her at the door.   About 3:00pm I did hear Bob call the dog as he was taking her to vets to have her nails trimmed.  Yesterday she got her nails caught in the bathroom rug and Betsy had a hard time getting her loose. 
As we watched Gold Rush the story continues with break downs but they are finding more gold than ever, all accept Parker Schnabel.   He is now starting a new mine on a very treacherous mountain.
SATURDAY:
I was up early so I did some more reading on the stuff from the doctor and I wrote some notes down.  Trying to stay quite. My feet got cold so  I went back to bed and slept until 10 ish,  When I awoke and went in the kitchen,
Bob had the whole oven tore apart and he had sprayed it with cleaner.  Well, that put my plans on hold.  I couldn't even see the stove top or sink.  So I dusted the furniture and ran the sweeper.  I wanted to clean after I baked and made soup, but be flexible.  I'm just glad he looked at it, I hadn't asked him to clean it. I was ready to tear the oven out and go for a new one.

I use it almost every day in the winter and it's aggravating when it doesn't work right. 

 Bob did notice that we had one of the face plates to the oven in backwards, maybe that made the temp so irregular.  He has been teasing for pineapple cookies for a couple weeks and I hadn't made them.  They take along time to bake...yuk!  When he finished I made the cookies and  Yum Yum coffee cake.  The oven worked somewhat better but one side of cookie pan still burnt.

Our evening was all about the dog, Cinderella.  She was acting strange and it looked like she may have hurt her back leg.   Bob gave her a baby aspirin.  We checked her out only to find a big ball of poop on her hiny; what a mess.  She needs a haircut so that doesn't happen but it's been to cold.  Well, like it or not, she got a bath. 
SUNDAY:
Our morning went fast with trying to get things ready for the girls to come scrap booking.  Bob hauled another table into my room and had that all set up.  Then he ran some lights as the room doesn't have a ceiling light. 
We had lunch and waited a little more and then the girls called that they had just left Lockport.  So I watched a video until they came. 
(GD) Annalynn worked on scrapping her engagement  and the engagement party photos.  I continued to work on my 2012 Christmas photos.  
For supper, we had pizza and wings, then cake that Annalynn brought.  Bob called (GS) Alex on Face Time out in OK.  and we all sang Happy Birthday to him.  

ANNALYNN IS A FAST SCRAPPER,
SHE HAD TWICE AS MANY PAGES DONE AS I DID.



DEBBIE & BETSY ON THEIR PHONES. 
THEY ARE GOGGLING WEDDING IDEAS.
 
CINDERELLA JOINED US. 
SHE WASN'T ABOUT TO BE LEFT OUT OF THE CONVERSATION.

Way to soon it was time for the girls to leave.  We had a wonderful day.  It always lifts my spirits to see them and enjoy their company.    We made some plans to attend their LLS race in Washington, DC., in April.  Also, made some decisions on the "tux" rental or purchase for the Black Tie event and the wedding. 

Now it's Blog time and I have to get this done and posted before everyone goes to bed. 

We are looking forward to warmer weather coming this week but first we have tonight with rain/sleet promised during the night.  It will be a unpleasant morning drive for those having to work. 

Hope you all have a good week.  Thanks for clicking in. 

GOLDEN GRAM





No comments:

Post a Comment