Sunday, September 15, 2013

CHANGES IN THE WEATHER, GLASS TILE FOR THE COACH, VISITING THE NEWLLYWEDS.

THE LAST OF THE
 SUNFLOWERS
MONDAY:
Doesn't it feel like we fell off a cliff-out of summer into fall so drastically?
This morning it was cool in the house.  After my shower I said to Bob, "pretty soon we will have to turn the heat on."  Then as I walked into the bedroom I thought I could smell the heat.  What to hay?  So I felt the registers and sure enough they were hot!  I checked the thermostat and it said 71o...right away I ask if he had turned it up.  No he didn't touch it.  Well, pennies to dollars; I'll bet he did.  He had a quilt up around his head during the night.  Okay Bob, it wasn't that cold.

We had lunch today at Miss Batavia with our friends, Bob and Bonnie.  They had a two week trip planned and discovered the Hydro Heat element was leaking in their motor home. They had just dropped their motor home off for repair.  Ride Em & Fix Em. 

Bob spent the afternoon rebuilding the winter cover for the new pool heater.  The new heater is two inches bigger than the old one.  He has boards all over the patio.  I hope he gets all the outside work done before the Salmon start running and he goes fishing again.  That my friends is a peaceful day for  me.

So while I attend the washing, I 'm trying to decide if I want to haul out the fall decorations.  Each change of season I go thru this thought process.  The grand kids are all grown up and away; who will see it?  If like us, your not in the market for new furniture, rugs, what have ye, maybe decos would help.  I have to admit to myself that the decorations does something to liven up the place.  So start the crawl, a little at a time and make house beautiful.

TUESDAY:
Muggy morning!  Weather for cast says high 90o.  Oh boy.  Pull the drapes and turn on the air.  Lay off the  coffee so you don't sweat!  Have supper delivered!  Yeah!
1)There ya go little Miss Bunny.  Your dress is changed and your a perky fall item.  Little Miss Bunny is getting old, but my sister, Tootsie,  keeps sewing beautiful dresses for her to keep her attractive.   That's one item out.  Yes readers you have seen her before but isn't she still cute?   Betsy would love to throw her to the curb and get something modern for this table. 
2) Here's another oldie.  Back in 1981 while camping with my niece, Terri, we sat and turned all these material leaves to make this wreath.  Some of them we poked to hard and had to resew the points.  It was a good entertainment activity for us girls.  Over the years, I have had to add flower pics as the mice that came in for winter made holes in the leaves.   Debbie, Annalynn and I made about 8 of these while fund raising for the many Leukemia events. 

Last night we watched the movie THE GREAT GATSBY.  I wanted to see the person who sang the same song that Annalynn sang at the wedding; A LITTLE PARTY NEVER HURT NOBODY.   It was not to be-there was such a short clip of the music and I never did see a person singing the song.  I was disappointed.  How did the song ever get popular?  It was a long movie and pretty good but I wouldn't go out to buy it for a collection or anything. 

WEDNESDAY:
Up early to shower and get ready to go for a haircut.  I saw Christianna at the beauty shop so we visited.  My hair was so long, the cut feels so good.  Then we had lunch with Debbie at the hospital.  She made an appointment for Bob's stress test which will complete his physical for this year.
Once back to Batavia we stopped for some groceries.  At home it was hotter than blazes, we turned up all the AC units and just vegged out!
After supper, we viewed 600 photos from Annalynn's photographer.  Yipes!

THURSDAY:
Rainy morning.  What a relief from yesterday.  It will be good to work inside. 

There are Christmas commericals already!  The first present I always bought each year was for Cinder, our Schnauzer.  Miss her.

We have had an error message coming up within Quicken for several months now and we just ignored it by X'ing out of it.  Plus Bob did something a day or two ago and we have double entries again back to March.   Since it's raining, Bob wanted to work on it.  We were on the phone for an hour with the bank but it looks like the error message is removed.  Yeah!  Then we tackled the double entries.  We sat here until 3:30pm and my arsh hurts!
Rain again this afternoon.  No lawn work today.

Bob went for his Shingles shot.  Cost him $90.00 co pay.  He has a different insurance than I have.   He also went to the dentist; his bottom plate is bothering him.  Joe put in a soft liner to try then told Bob to keep that pipe out of his mouth for two hours!   

FRIDAY:
Rainy again!  A constant mist that looks like it's coming out of the North-East.  I had remarked to Bob that we have had more weeds and big, big weeds from all the rain this summer.  Just look at the size of the cat tails along the roads.  You'll see what I mean.

Okay just a minute - I have a nasty fly buzzing my head..ya another fall sign.

Well, we are waiting on a service man to come and see what's wrong with my clothes dryer.  It clunks as I turn it on and I did smelled gas on Monday. 
I mean a hard, loud, clunk,  like I had it loaded with shoes and boots or something.  No matter what you spend on things, they are not going to last as long as the older ones.  We bought it in December 2009 (3.5 years)  and this is the first service call.  Hope it isn't a repeat plight into the future.

I have putzed around upstairs doing a few things;  put a roast in the crock pot, sorted all the dry cleaning to go, yadda, yadda.  Where is that service man.

The service man has been here.  Not good news.  A part is broken and will be ordered.  FROM SWEDEN!!!!!!!!  Of all things.  No dryer till next Friday if the part comes in.
The crock pot roast was horrible!  The new packet that I tried was so different..tasted like a lot of vinegar or something.  It was called Tavern Roast beef or something like that...not a keeper, will not buy again.
We watched some TV until bored with the programs.  I went to read.

SATURDAY:
Hate to admit it but the place needed dusted and cleaned.  Done!

PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE
RECIPE OFF FACE BOOK 
Bob helped me save a new recipe that I want to try.  PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE.  I'll let ya know if it's a keeper.  I was in the kitchen all afternoon baking. 
APPLE PIE
FOR A SNACK
At the Farmer's Market, I asked for a pie apple.  The lady suggested Paula Reds as 20 ounce apples are not ready yet.  They pretty much baked up and looked like Apple Sauce. 

I was so anxious to try this Dump Cake because I don't like to make icing.  The Pumpkin Dump cake has been tested and it sits!  Betsy didn't like the texture of the pumpkin-kinda spongy.  Bob missed the crust like a pie.  I thought it needed a lot more spice.  I put a lot more spice in my pies. So it's not a keeper.
Bob mowed the back field.  Then he started measuring the coach bathroom wall to install the glass tile behind bathroom sink.  That required a trip to Home Depot so we went out to Bob Evans for supper. 
  
SUNDAY:
I was the last person up again.  Bob & Betsy were busy working on fitting the tile in the motor home bathroom. 

WORKING AROUND THE ELECTRIC PLUG


AFTER THE GROUT,
THERE WILL BE BLACK STRIPS TO BORDER IT.
In the afternoon we were invited to the newlyweds in Rochester for our 4:00 clock coffee.  We had preplanned to bring our wedding gifts there rather than carting them to Ogdensburg. 

ANNALYNN POURING COFFEE
SHE HAS HER MaCKENZIE CHILDS SUGAR & CREAMER IN USE.

MARK & ANNALYNN
OPENING OUR WEDDING GIFTS.
Their apartment is so cute.  They have done a lot of work in just the two weeks.  Their neighborhood is quite; lots of old beautiful homes.  
The Bills game was on and Bob was happy to see the ending, especially since his team won.  It was so nice to visit them; now we can stop wondering what their place looks like.

And so this completes another week.  It was a slower pace than previous; and it's very welcome.   On we go to the next week.  Have a good one and thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment