Sunday, September 22, 2013

COOL PUMPKINS! HARVESTING! DECORATING!



Scarecrows, Corn Rows,
Pumpkins on the Vine,
Leaves Curl, Wind Swirls,
Fall is right on time!

MONDAY:

What's in store for this week? 

Lots of little duties done since I can't do the washing.  (Hope that part comes in this week for the dryer.)
My biggest accomplishment was going to BJ's and stocking up on meats.  Then I made stuffed peppers for supper.  I had made Betsy's recipe for Western Peppers enough; tired of the corn and hot stuff in stuffed peppers.  So back to Great Grandma Rindo's old fashioned peppers.  Stuffing is good and spicy with pepper and I made the tomato gravy with cream.  Ummm! 

Betsy had said she was going shopping before coming home for supper.  She does this as once home she is to tired to go back out.  She didn't get home until 7:00pm.  She had this idea from a magazine picture for a new Fall decoration for the hall table. 
.   

If bought from magazine $226.00.
  Chevron Pumpkin $39.00
Striped Pumpkin $39.00
Harlequin Pumpkin $49.00
Candles $99.00 Crow not included.
 
She came home with all kinds of pumpkins, candle sticks, ribbon, and florist pics, etc.  See, I told you she wanted to get rid of my Miss Bunny. 

BETSY'S LOOT
 
I was so happy to know my Steelers would be televised.  We sat thru it.  How disappointing as Big Ben couldn't connect any passes until the very end; he kept over shooting the receivers.  My sweet potato, Troy didn't liven the game up either.  They play Buffalo in November this year at Pittsburgh.  It's his 11th year and I'm so afraid he is going to retire; then I'll have to pick another rookie to follow.  It was on FB that he will be cutting his hair on Nov. 11th in honor of the Veterans to raise funds.  He was asking others to do the same and raise funds.
TUESDAY:
The first!  Bob was up at 7:30am and he said it was 33o and there was frost on the shed.  So here we go into the long dreary months of winter.  Well, we will have to see about the dreary part-nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

Bob is off fishing with his friends.  He donned all his newly acquired fishing clothes and his walking stick and he looked like he weighed 250 pounds.  He will come home tired after lugging all that around.

TONAWANDA CREEK
IT LOOKS PRETTY
A NICE DAY TO BE OUTSIDE.
I brought our dehydrator in out of the shed; it needed washed up before using.  Hope to dry some parsley and basil.

Bob continues to work on the tile in the motor home bathroom.  He has put the grout in now.  It's just a little dress up event.

BOB HAS PUT THE GROUT IN THE TILES.
This had to sit for 24 hours.  Good thing the temp warmed up some for drying. 

THE BLACK TRIM IS ON
AND THE ELECTRIC PLUG IS HOOKED BACK UP. 

WEDNESDAY:

No frost today.  Just cool until afternoon.  I cut some more parsley and brought it in the house.  After washing and snipping, I put it in the dehydrator trays. 

PARSLEY - READY TO BE DRIED.
We had ham for dinner last night and today I ground it up for ham salad.  We both love this and we eat way to much. 

Bob helped set up the electric for my Halloween village and then he went to Tops for gas.  We had .80 off each gallon.   I finished setting the Dept. 56 village up.  Then clean up the mess and take the boxes to the shed.  Then I was pooped. 

THE HAUNTED VILLAGE.

After supper Betsy worked on her deco idea.   We had made the flower arrangement on Tuesday night in the black pumpkin.  There is lots of glitter in it which doesn't show up. 
 
 

SHE PAINTED THE PUMPKINS
 AND SPRAYED THEM WITH A GLOSS.

She is not happy with it-tomorrow she is going to buy the crow!   
THURSDAY:
Up late; no plans for the day.  Maybe go to Office Max for ink, I've been printing in all black for some time now.
We buzzed over town and did a few errands. 
Boring!  I read at night.
FRIDAY:
I spent the morning making two  batches of cookies.  I cranked up the air conditioner (inconsistent weather again) as it was to get hot out today.  Seems it took me a lot longer than when I was younger. 
No dryer part, bummer.
Nothing very exciting today.  I saw four deer after supper in the back field. 

SATURDAY:
Rain!  The household was scurrying around this morning to get ready to go to Lockport for Rocky's birthday.  Debbie was having it early for some reason, 1:00 clock pm. 

When we arrived we all were surprised by a new set of sofas in their rec room.  Geeze, they still have money after that fabulous wedding?  It's a wrap around sectional with cup holders in the storage parts.  There are outlets in the end table parts that you can plug into with your technical toys.  (phones, I pads, what ever)  Neat!

There was a lot of conversation going on and I was interested in the IOS phone update.  Someone at Channel 2 stated 10 changes that he knew of and one was that we wouldn't be able to post to Facebook anymore.  What?  Then I don't want to upgrade.  So I asked a guest who had updated.  She posted Rocky's birthday photo on Facebook with a blink of an eye.  So that threat is not true, what was he talking about? 


HAPPY 24TH HANDSOME! 


I did hear that appliances (like non Apple charger cords) will not work anymore.   Betsy says, we will have to enter a password with each use-what a pain in the kister!!!!  Hope they do away with that.  I'll have to go see our friend Bob, as I'll bet he has that inconvenience solved already.  How long can I hold out before up grading?

Once back home, we had our computers on.  Bob helped me fix the Medical Transportation screen in Quicken.  Since the Quicken upgrade had changed a few things.  That's for income tax filing and I hate scrambling at the last minute.

We then watched a movie on Apple TV.  The Jackie Robinson Story", the first African American to enter into professional baseball.   We enjoyed it.  Harrison Ford was so cute!!
He is always entertaining.

 
SUNDAY:
It's cold!  Rats! 
After a little bit of computer work, I'm thinking of watching the games on TV.  Covering up with a blanket and vegge out.  Betsy is making a small pot of sauce and I have steaks defrosting for din din..easy day.

We have had a good week, hope you have too.
Thanks for clicking in and hope to see you back next time.

GOLDEN GRAM











No comments:

Post a Comment