Sunday, October 20, 2013

SOUR CREAM - USE IT UP. HOUSE WORK, TEMPERATURE IS CHANGING FAST!



Halloween curtains at my niece's house in NC 
MONDAY:
Another late rising for the morning.  Seems like a nice clear day, cool but that's where we are heading now folks, downhill weather.

I have the wash going, Bob is comparing insurance companies AGAIN, to see if our last year decisions should be changed.  Boy, the increases!  It seems so dramatic?  Bob is telling me to get my other knee done before the end of the year when hospital admittance care  goes up.  Sorry, dear heart, I'm not ready!  It has to hurt every minute to go thru all that again. 

Right now I'm dealing with a swollen ankle.  It hurts!  It was a couple years ago when that happened for the first time, I went to Dr. Sue and she gave me prednisone for six days. Hoya, Hoya!  One more thing to deal with!   I'm probably eating to many fats!  Or is it acids?  It's those green peppers and tomatoes. 

I have an appointment with Dr. Hoy at four today, check up on the stainless steel knee,  maybe he will look at the ankle.  Don't bet on it girlie, that's another office co pay.  Right? 
TUESDAY:
Bob and his friends went fishing about 9:00am.  It is a nice sunny day.  I have the radio on and a song came on with these words-"And the birds are singing!".  Didn't catch the name.
I had some sour cream to use up so I mixed a batch of cut out cookies and put them in refrig to cool.  Then I made a Yum Yum Coffee Cake to use up more of the sour cream. 

YUM YUM COFFEE CAKE                          MARY THOMPSON/DSS

Cake                                                                Topping
1 stick margarine                                            ½ cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar                                                     ½ cup white sugar
2 eggs                                                              1 tsp.  Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring                                  1 cup finely chopped nuts
2 cups flour
1 tsp. Soda                                                      Combine all ingredients
1 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 cup sour cream

Combine margarine, sugar, eggs, and flavoring.  Combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt.  Add dry ingredients to egg mixture alternately with sour cream.  Pour ½ batter into greased 9 X 13” pan.  Cover with ½  of topping mixture.  Spoon remaining batter over topping mixture.  Cover with remaining topping mixture.  Bake at 325○, for 40 minutes.

This recipe is so easy and it's so delicious.  A gal that I worked with at Dept. of Social Services first made it and shared it at Break Time.  Her degree from college was Home Economics but she was working as a Case Worker educating clients. 

Yesterday Dr. Hoy ordered three x-rays of my knee.  Then we looked at them on his computer.  All looks to be in line!!  My inquiry about the swollen ankle was answered with try exercise!   He really didn't think it would be Gout as it's unknown to be on an ankle.  He strongly suggested water therapy.  

Our last tentative camping trip has been cancelled for this weekend.  We decided that we may as well winterize the motor home.  So while a turkey breast was baking in the oven; I started carrying into the house the remaining groceries, medicines, water and pop.  Then try to find storage for it all in the house.  Bob used the air compressor to blow out the water lines.  I have no idea what he has to do to winterize the washer/dryer.  Now it's done. 

 WEDNESDAY:
It's raining this morning.  Good thing Bob and Betsy mowed the front lawn last night as the weather station says rain for the next five days. 

We went to Lockport today for Bob's stress test and I had a hair cut.  He walked for six minutes this time instead of the three minutes directed on previous tests.  So happy for him, he passed!   That completes his physical for this year.

I went shopping at Bon Ton before my hair cut then after it, went back to hospital to pick him up.  I missed seeing Debbie and I feel bad about that but she and Bob had lunch together and visited.

Once home, we both took a nap, it was an early morning for us.  We had our four o'clock coffee and then Bob mowed the back yard and the portion of field that he keeps mowed.

I made supper and gathered the garbage for pick up tomorrow. 

We settled in to watch TV for the evening.

THURSDAY:
Nothing to do but get ready to cut out those cookies that I had to make on Tuesday.  It would have been so much easier to throw away the sour cream.   I cut all pumpkins and it used the dough up in a hour.  I must have 100 cookie cutters!  Doesn't everyone?  It was a treat to entertain the grandchildren with all different kinds when they visited.

Bob went up to Medina today to get the truck serviced.  Oil change, grease, tire rotate..etc., plus check out the transmission.   He left at 8:30am and I didn't hear from him.  Not even an update.  That was getting my feathers ruffled a bit.  At 1:30pm, I sent him a text.  No answer!  Now I'm ticked.  He arrived home about 2:30 and had never heard the phone beep.  I let him have it!!!!!   He tries to change the subject; okay Bob.  He took a car for a test drive.  How did I know if he was okay...a simple phone call. 

After supper Betsy and I put icing on the cookies.


NOW BOB HAS SOMETHING TO EAT WHILE TAKING HIS PILLS


FRIDAY:
Bob is off fishing with the guys again.

I showered and went to BJ's and the Farmer's Market.  Farmer's Market only has one more week on Friday's.  I'll miss them.  The 20 ounce apples were in so I bought a 1/2 bushel...apple pie coming up.  

Ha, Bob was home to help unload the groceries.  He was so excited as he finally caught a fish.  FISH ON!  


YEAH, FISH ON!
ALBINO TROUT 

I wanted to make a soup recipe that I found while browsing thru a Rachel Ray cookbook.  (30 minutes meals)  Well, it's in the pot all ready for supper but it took me much longer-1/1/2 hours.  It's has  chicken meatballs/spinach & tomato in it.  Looks good.  But I didn't think she used enough broth so I added more chicken stock.  After all the broth makes the dish!


CHICKEN MEATBALL SOUP!

While I made the soup, Bob started setting up tables in the garage for the storage of stuff to come out of the craft room so we can paint.
 That will be a beast of a job! 
 SATURDAY:
We worked most of the day in the bedroom/craft room  that we want to paint.  So much stuff to sort threw.  Then move it all upstairs or out in the garage.  Betsy was a big help, she had a lot done by the time I got ready to work.  Just look at the junk!




That evening David and Donna stopped on their return trip from Utica Home Coming.  Utica lost the football game but they still had a good time.  Eric took them to a brand new Bass Pro Shop. 


NIKI, ERIC & DAVID

TRYING OUT A FOUR WHEELER

ERIC THINKS HE WANTS TO BE A HUNTER NOW!

SUNDAY:

This will be short and sweet.  I worked on taking the wallpaper border off in the craft room today.  I'm pooped! 

HAD TO BREAK TO ANSWER A TEXT!
I did have TV in there so I caught glimpses of the Bills game.  Later we watched the Steelers game.  They both won, how about that.

We are going to do Face Time with Sarah in about five minutes so I'll close and post.

We had a good week, hope you have too.  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM



No comments:

Post a Comment