Sunday, October 13, 2013

THE PACE IS SLOWING DOWN AND IT'S BORING!

MONDAY:
DARK, ANGRY LOOKING SKY
It rained all day; with no outside work Bob was right on my tail.  What are we doing today?  Catch that "we."  I had one more lousy sleeping night and I wasn't in to good a mood to work hand in hand.  Paying a bill took us longer than usual as he has to open every line item, JUST GET IT DONE!  Funny thing, I didn't see him come around to help make supper. 

After supper, I was working on the computer in Excel.  Here comes Bob, whatcha doing?  Oh Brother!  He pulled up a chair and proceeded to direct things.  Actually he was a big helper as I have forgotten many of the functions or procedures to prepare and print a full Excel worksheet. 

TUESDAY:
It's a nice bright day.  I had a lot that I wanted to get done this morning then I wanted to go shopping as Bob has gone fishing with the guys. 

As I was shopping around Batavia today, I noticed back hoe machines tearing down the old building where Tim Horton's will be built.   It's over across from Tops grocery store.  They were on the Town Planning Board  agenda on Tuesday so they must have received their last approval which was needed.  We really don't need two locations in Batavia but this will be a much better location as the place downtown has a horrible entrance and exit.  A person has to be real careful driving thru the downtown place. 

Betsy is in a real cooking mood.  She bought several items for meals at the store on Sunday.  She made meatballs to go with the frozen sauce tonight.   I'll just let her go at it as I know it won't last that long.  It's nice to come home to a hot meal.  Know what I mean?
WEDNESDAY:
Another beautiful day!  Cherish them all!
Now that activities have calmed down, the girlfriends and I are back to luncheon dates.  We met at Terry Hills Golf Course for lunch today to celebrate one of their birthdays.  One more year and she will be 65 and eligible for Medicare and relieved of the $625.00 monthly payment for health insurance. She is counting on the relief. 
After we came to our house for coffee and desert.  I wanted to show them the video of Annalynn's song at the wedding.  One of the friends had made carrot cake cupcakes.  (large muffin size)  They were so good!  I haven't made that recipe for so long.  

CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES

Bob came home from a meeting and joined us.  Then he went out to trim the grass edges.  Betsy called, she would be late as she had to pick Christianna up at the Rochester airport.  Christianna had been asked to help out a Juicy store in Washington, DC, for three days as they were operating without a manager.  Her flight home to the Buffalo airport had been cancelled so she had to book what was available.  Joe came here to pick her up.  After they left, Bob and Betsy had warm ups.  I still wasn't hungry.        
THURSDAY
Today we are both going to lunch.  The morning whizzed by.  We dropped some books off at the library before meeting our friends, Bob and Bonnie,  at Miss Batavia Restaurant.  Then we all piled into Bob's car and he drove to Caledonia RV Repair.  The guys have heard good conversations about the place and wanted to check it out.  Bonnie and I checked out the sales shelves, then went out to look at motor homes.  Some time had passed, and I asked the guys if they were partners yet?

On the way home, I spotted an outlet and Bob was kind enough to stop so we could all shop.  It was a little dumpy, cheap stuff in boxes, and my Bob got all stuffed up and went outside.  Tooling on down the road, we hit the Pennysaver printing place to check out the .35 tablets, then home.  It was a nice afternoon, weather beautiful again.

 
CALEDONIA OUTLET

 
FRIDAY:
Bob and David were gone fishing before daylight.  I entertained myself, it was nice and quite.
 I spent most of the time updating one of my collections on the computer to make printouts.  I need to up date some of the family history program.

I'm back to cooking as Betsy has had it!  She bought the meat and staples for Western Stuffed Peppers AGAIN!  I just groaned. Seems like I have cooked them quite a few times.  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?
How's that go?

SATURDAY:
I was up early, made coffee and toast.  It was cold and quite; so I went back to bed.  I slept till 11:00am.  My that felt good.

The day has past, and I wonder what to heck did I get done today.  I dusted the living room and bedroom furniture but I didn't do the floors.  I was distracted to some thing else.  Who knows what?

 I hunted for a lot of files.  We both have medical papers to fill in for this coming weeks appointments. They ask the same old questions.

After supper we went for a small amount of groceries.  The old building is gone where the new Tim Horton's is to go.  The race track parking was jammed packed; must be everyone wants to see their remodeling.  If people can't find jobs where do they find money to stick in the machines?

SUNDAY:
No Sun today!  Very overcast and it did sprinkle some.
Everyone found their own jobs or ideas for the day.  Bob tried to wax the camper.  Betsy did her washing and went to the store.  I headed for my scrap booking room and finally finished the 2012 Christmas album...yeah! 
I'M NOW ADDING SYMPATHY CARDS
TO CINDERELLAS' ALBUM.   

 
My craft room smells like mold!!!  I suggested that we tear the room apart, paint, and remove the old carpet for the wood look flooring.  Not today or this week, but maybe next week.  That will be one nasty job with all the storage in there.

Bob found a fuzzy Caterpillar outside.  He wants to know what the coloring means? 

HARD WINTER, EASY WINTER???


I have mentioned to Bob that maybe we should buy a generator this year.   We have had such mild winters; I worried this would be the year we get dumped on.  Channel 2 had pictures on Face book about the surprise winter blizzard seven years ago this week.  Buffalo lost power for days and thousand of trees were ruined.  Hope my feelings are wrong.

This is it for the week.  Nothing to exciting happening.

Hope you have had a good week.  Thanks again for clicking in. 

GOLDEN GRAM

PS: I have no idea why the font keeps changing on this once published.  I highlight it and try to make it all one font and size.  It's like a little surprise each time.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment