Saturday, December 21, 2013

CHRISTMAS WEEK!

MONDAY:
 Life happens when we are busy making plans.   So it is.  Last night we received word that my friend who I had worked with for 22 years, had passed away.   She couldn't beat the lung cancer.  It's always so sad.   Most of my day was spent on the phone notifying family  and friends.   Then later doing the same thing once the arrangements were available.  I guess being busy helps to handle the grief.  

One more time Bob ran the snow blower.   He brought in a package that the mailman delivered.   He helped me with supper, in between phone calls of the working people.  The pork chops that I planned on making had a smell to them.  I had Bob check them also an we decided to toss them.  We don't need to get sick from bad meat.   

I'm now making our Chex Mix for Christmas.  Keeping busy.  I make four batches each year.


ALL DONE

TUESDAY:
Man o schevts!  It's cold.  Not a creature is stirring.   No birds, no chipmunks, no deer .  Good day to stay inside, maybe do some baking.

In the afternoon, we went downtown to the bank and over to a deli where we ordered subs all made up on a tray to take to the bereaved family on Friday.  Then we went to Tops and picked up a small tray of shrimp and fixings for a pasta salad. 

STILL DECORATING

SNOWMAN ORNAMENT
I found these cute snowman.  We made these for the craft shows too.  I painted hundreds of them.  Now where to put them. 

QUICK PAINT JOB!

After dinner, Bob and I painted some wooden turkeys that he cut out for Debbie, she was short a few for napkin rings on Thanksgiving.    

WEDNESDAY:
 I wanted to get up early so I could go for my blood work.  (annual physical)  I had to fast so I wanted to get there and get home for food!  A funny thing-as I was driving, maybe a mile down the road I suddenly realized that I didn't have my bottom teeth in my mouth.  OMG, how did I forget my teeth?  I turned that truck around so fast and headed back home.  Bob wanted to know if I was done already.  I was singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." I had to tell him my problem and he thought I should have gone anyway to the blood bank.  He just doesn't understand; no way without my teeth.

Once back home I had breakfast then started on washing all the dishes in my china cabinet.  It's a big job but it's written in stone that those dishes shall shine!  If there glass, they should shine.  As long as I am able.  I used the camera on my phone to take pictures of how items are placed on the shelves, before I removed them.  Otherwise, I may be slow to replace.   

My friend, Mo stopped by for help with her new camera.  Bob read the directions and assisted her while we visited. 

We watched the Celine Dion show, then some computer work, and now it's time for bed and I don't have a book to read.   I'll have to scuff up something.
THURSDAY:
We went shopping to Eastern Hills.  I was on a hunt for a special ornament and we hit several Hallmark stores.  Another stop was at Dave's Christmas shop.  Their decorated trees were beautiful.


ALL SNOWMEN


FROSTED TREE WITH ALL FEATHER AND GLITTER ORNAMENTS
THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL!
 
 
REINDEER WAS 2 STORIES HIGH. 
PRICE TAG: $10,000.00
 
That evening, I made a pasta salad for my friends' family.

FRIDAY:
I wrapped some in the morning.  Fredia's husband dropped off two pies that she had made for us to take to the family.  Soon it was time to go to the deli and pick up the tray for the family with the funeral.  We loaded up the shrimp tray, the pasta salad, chex mix and the two pies from our friend, Fredia.  We visited about an hour with my friends husband. 

Viewing hours were that evening.  Afterwards, our kids came over and we all had pizza and wings. 

SATURDAY:
Betsy picked Sarah up at the airport.  We headed out for the funeral.  Prayers at the funeral home, the procession to church, the mass, the cementary and back to the luncheon.

Back home we napped for two hours.

Betsy and Sarah picked up chicken finger dinners for supper.  We worked on a craft which I can't show this week as it will ruin a Christmas day surprise.  Homemaders are the best surprise! 
SUNDAY:
No electric!  I woke up at 4:45am, to use the bathroom and had to reach for my bedside flash light.  I found a candle for the kitchen, but I could see lights in the houses across the field, so it was just our area again.  Later when Bob came out, he called the electric company, and poof the lights came on.  Like magic!   
All the trees and wires were covered with ice until about 4pm.  Betsy and I went to the grocery store and wires were lying on the ground of their parking lot.  The creek was up to the bank tops.  Such freaky weather.

BEAUTIFUL DRESSING ON THE TREES

THE ICE STAYED ON UNTIL 4PM

OUR BEDROOM WINDOW/NORTH SIDE


Well, that's it for this week.  If we aren't ready now, we won't sweat it.   This posting will be last before Christmas so hope all your wishes come true and you have the best Christmas ever.

Have a good week, and thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment