Sunday, December 1, 2013

TURKEY WEEK

MONDAY:
We needed to get the person or persons chosen for the Member of Excellence Award (MOE) for our camping group in time for the Christmas Party.  Bob called the one person on his committee that he hasn't been able to get a hold of, and low and behold, she was home.   Once the three on committee agreed and made a choice, Bob had to send the brass plate from the trophy to Buffalo to be engraved.  So I fixed a mailing envelope for him.

I hunted all over the house for our Badge A Mint machine and supplies.  I need to make some new name badges for the Christmas stockings.  I finally found it and checked it for supplies.  We needed parts...Bob did the ordering to save me some time.  Thanks Bob.

One stocking needed repaired as the hanging loop had pulled loose so I dug out the sewing machine.  I remembered-put white paper behind the needle to see how to thread it!  
TUESDAY:
I had some posting to do which I hate, so I hog tied myself down to do it.  It's always a good feeling once it's done.  I put the washing thru at the same time.

All day long, the news has been talking about the expected snow storm.  After talking to Annalynn,  I did get ready and headed off to the grocery store so I'd have the ingredients for the dishes I'm making to take to Debbie's on Thursday. 
No fresh sweet potatoes!  I don't care for yams so I thought I'd get a few canned ones.  Not!  The shelf was bare.  Now your all gonna tell me there isn't a difference but I'm not listening!  I made yams last week and even after pealing them, they had a tough surface after baking. 

BUFFALO AIRPORT
DONNA, ERIC AND DAVID
HEADING FOR ENID, OK
BETSY WAS PICKING UP SARAH AT THE SAME TIME.

WEDNESDAY:


LAST NIGHT'S SNOW FALL  4-5" 

A DOVE TRYING TO KEEP WARM.

YEP, THIS JOB COMES WITH IT!

Meanwhile, I'm doing fixings: I made my banana-nut bread with chopped dates and cranberries.  It sure looks good.  Then  I cleaned the fresh green beans and snapped them.  I finally found a recipe for the cheesy potatoes. 

THEY MADE IT TO OK.
DAVID, ERIN, ALEX, DONNA & ERIC
Boy, phone calls, texts etc.  Busy!


SARAH'S NEW HAIR DO!
CUTIE PIE!

The Badge A Mint order arrived already.  Oh my gosh that was fast.  I cut the paper circles, Betsy printed the names and Bob used the tool to make the buttons.  Yeah, a job done.
 
THURSDAY, thanks day:
A great day with family, food and calm, cool weather. 
It was 22o when I got up.  It hasn't been this cold in years in November. 
 
Packed with our dishes to go, we arrived at Debbie's at 2:00pm.  There was munchies available. The tables were set beautifully.  



The napkin holders are wood pieces that we cut out years ago for the kids to paint.  The family has grown, so we need to cut some more.

 
TURKEY NAPKIN HOLDER

 
We had brought the Badge A Mint supplies to work on as Debbie had bought new stockings too.  I cut some paper circles, Deb tried her hand at putting them together.  Then Bob and Betsy helped.



DEBBIE AND MATTHEW 
MATTHEW LOVES TO DIG OUT THE STUFFING!




ROCCO CUTTING THE TURKEY


MARK & ANNALYNN
MASHING UP 15 LBS OF POTATOES

After dinner we all enjoyed finding out who our exchange names were going to be from the Elfster program.  Debbie checked the list; everybody had accepted the invitation.  Then she went thru the "blocking" process for each of us; Caroline is not to get Bob, Betsy or Sarah's name.  (anyone in same household)  She pushed the button and walla our phones started pinging!  We had our exchange names.  Everyone was excited, did you get my name?  No one gave in to tell! 


BETSY, CHRISTIANNA AND ROCKY
ELFSTER GAVE US OUR EXCHANGE NAMES
 
Returning home in time for the Steeler's game and disappointment in the team again, I dozed off for  a nappie. 

Out in Oklahoma, the traveling family went Black Friday shopping on Thursday night.  Alex had his eye on a large TV at a great price.  They were third in line. 



DAVID & ALEX
THEY GOT THE TV!   
FRIDAY:
 Shopping and more decorating.  Take down the fall decos and put the rest of the Christmas things up.  The turkey sandwiches sure
tasted good for lunch.  The first Christmas card came today.

 
 
 
STAIRS WREATH
  
 
FRONT DOOR WREATH
 
I FINISHED MY UGLY TREES.
 We did some shopping in Batavia this afternoon.  We weren't about to go into Buffalo and join the mobs.  We had warm ups for supper and visited with the girls for a while.

SATURDAY:
Confusion reigns!  Who's going where and doing what? 
Sarah needed our truck to go pick out a Christmas tree with her sisters.  I wrapped some presents.  Bob is doing some wood cutting. 


JAMIE, SARAH AND JESSIE

Betsy prepared our favorite chicken dinner for 6:00pm., when Sarah promised to be home.  After we all enjoyed family night with movies on TV.  Bob had Sarah update his phone.  Oh man, the questions? 

SUNDAY:
I was up early so I checked my phone.  I sat for a while reading thru everything.  As the family woke up, we all had breakfast.  Then Sarah started packing up to return to Boston.  We had more warm ups for lunch.  That's about all of them I can eat!  Time for some cheeseburgers and French fries. 

Mark picked Sarah up about 1:00, Betsy left for Rochester, our house is quite again.   Bob returned to his garage project and I went into the craft room to work on stocking gifts.    

And it's time to eat again.  Guess I'll post now.

Thanks for clicking in.  Have a good week! 

GOLDEN GRAM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment