Sunday, December 8, 2013

CYBER MONDAY, Holiday Tour of Homes

MONDAY:
Good start to the day, everything back to normal. Sarah back to Boston , Eric back to Utica College, David and family home safely from Oklahoma. 

Okay, I'm on a roll!  The wash is sorted and in the process.  I'm anxious to join the millions of others on Cyber Monday; placing some orders.  I figure if I get lucky and have the orders coming in; I can concentrate on the house cleaning while I wait for delivery. My sister is probably laughing as her shopping is all done!   Wonder how busy the sites will be? 

On Thanksgiving day our kids reminisced about when they were young and had a Wish List and posted it on the refrigerator.  They would cut and paste pictures from the Sears and J.C. Penney catalogs.  They started early, as soon as the TV started the toy gift commercials.  I'd buy, then the list would change for different items as the weeks progressed.  Yesterday, much to my delight, a Wish List from Betsy appeared on the refrig.  Oh the good ole days!  

I was working on getting the app for QVC for my phone and Bob offered to do it.  Now I can scroll and see what's being offered anytime.  Last week, I ordered a couple of unique things-one being an electric power strip.  It will twist and turn.  It works great for my Department 56 houses as I can plug in the house plug and the adapter plug with a twist; with out blocking up plug use.  I thing it's the Cat's Meow! 

PIVOT POWER BY QUIRKY
 FLEXIBLE SURGE PROTECTOR WITH SIX OUTLETS.
ONLY FOUR SHOWN HERE, HUH? 


TUESDAY:
One of those days; we spent the day "down town!"  We went to the Office For The Aging to finalize our supplemental insurance choice.  Then on to shopping.  We have been every where looking for socks for Bob-Size 13- stores just don't carry them.  Clerks all tell us to go to Foot Locker.  We had lunch at Burger King and kept on going. 

  • The last stop was at the grocery store for the 6% off (Young At Heart-over 65 deal) so I picked up all the ingredients for my Chex Mix for Christmas.  Of course other items, always need bread and milk.  $100.00 bucks gone.  
  • Have you noticed: A pound is now a 14 or 12 ounce container.
  • Very few Christmas cards say Merry Christmas.  Happy Holidays prevail.
  • Oh, I saw this cute display in K-mart so I snapped a pic.  Does a Pink Pig fit into Christmas?  

REMIND ME
 WHAT'S A PINK PIG HAVE TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS?


    
    THIS JEEP WAS PARKED AT GROCERY STORE.
    CELEBRATING THE SEASON
     

    Back home, we made our four o'clock coffee then laid down to rest.  I had picked up the fixings for Beef on Weck and Mac & Cheese so supper wasn't a thought.  (Beef on Weck is almost the same as OX Roast in PA. but the roll here has Kimmelweck seeds on it) 
After supper, back on the computer to order the socks at Foot Locker.  I have really taken advantage of the Cyber Week free shipping. 
 
At night, I finished the book that I was reading; it was suppose to be a stocking gift for me, but I cheat.   I'll wrap it up anyway. 
 
WEDNESDAY:
Here's a different twist; I'm up early.  Betsy isn't even up yet.   Nor Bob.   It's raining!  Bob has a fishing date today, I'd hate to go in the rain.

I thought about going shopping but with the rain and dampness I decided to stay in and work on the wrapping that I could do.
THURSDAY:
Getting behind here a bit with typing.  Short and sweet coming up!  After a haircut, Bob had a full day planned as he was installing a sign out on W. Main Rd. for an accounting firm.  As long as he was over that way I asked him to make a couple stops before coming home.
THE NEW NAME OF ROCCO'S FIRM
BATAVIA OFFICE
That gave me the day to work on Christmas cards.  I started off writing notes on each one, then gave up and typed a memo.  I had several different kinds of Christmas paper which needed aligned differently for each design.  Took some time. 

After supper, I lugged the decorations upstairs for the living room tree.  I unwrapped all my glass tree ornaments while watching the special "Sound of Music".   I wanted to see how Carrie Underwood could carry the role that Julie Andrews played.  Not bad,  sounded like she was struggling with the low notes.  The critics say that she should stick to country.   I couldn't understand the main man, good thing I have seen the movie a couple times.  Plus the story was all chopped, so it would fit in the time frame, I'm guessing.

FRIDAY:
All day spent on decorating the Living room tree.  Bob was gone fishing!!!!!!!!!  First thing, no plug open for the purple lights.  Nothing to do but run over town and get an extension cord cause who knows where Bob keeps them in garage.  The extension is plugged in and some purple lights are out.  Gees! 

ORNAMENTS ALL CLEAR GLASS
I HIGHLIGHT WITH PURPLE RIBBON, BEADS, AND STAR GARLAND.

BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS
AND IT'S UP
I do not like this tree in the living room.  I had originally purchased this for the dining room so it wouldn't stick out so much.  It's called a pencil tree; being tall and slim.  But Betsy wanted her tree downstairs this year,   so be it.   My idea of a living room tree would be a full tiered, big full bottom. 

SATURDAY:
 Today the family went to the newly weds (Annalynn & Mark's) house in Rochester to join them in the Holiday Tour of Homes in the Corn Hill district.  David & Donna came here and we drove together.  We saw the newly weds tree and decorations and then had coffee.  We left for the tour at 1:00pm.  There was eight homes to see.  We must have walked five miles!  It was four o'clock by the time we were done.  Some of the homes were over a hundred years old.  We thought we would see beautiful decorations but it turned out to be the showing of old home restorations; shy on the decos.  Back to the days with nine foot curtains and shutters, cast iron fire inserts, and wool carpeting. 
This rocking chair was in one of the bedroom's.  Debbie has one just like it that Grandma Rindo bought her for Christmas when she was small.

 
One home had snowmen about! 
Many had old painted signs.
 




THE BEST ENTRANCE DECORATIONS.


MCKENZIE CHILDS HOUSE MARKER

 

We hoped this home had lots of McKenzie Childs pieces decorated  in it but not so; a couple curtain pulls, a dog dish and one other piece that the girls saw.

We had dinner at Tony D's and then headed home where we had coffee and sat on the couch, exhausted. 

ROASTED RED PEPPER, EGGPLANT ETC SALAD.
HUGEAAA!

SUNDAY:
I'm telling you right now, it was a long night.  I tossed and turned.  Supper did not agree with me.  Then when I put my feet on the floor this morning, I could feel one ankle which really hurt.  Oh, aging complications!
I still had the icicles to put on the tree so I did that while it was quite.  Then I wanted to finish my Christmas cards, so that was next. I got tired and went back to bed. 

After a shower and lunch; I just kinda kicked back and watched the Eagles & Lions game on TV with Bob.  They were playing in six inches of snow and a blizzard.  It must have been cold on their bare arms.

 It's been a good week as I completed several things.  Now to be checking my lists and then looking for coupons to finish up.  I don't want to be ordering to close to the holiday.

Now it's time for supper so I shall post. Hope you all have a good week.  See ya back here next week, thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM









 


No comments:

Post a Comment