Sunday, January 19, 2014

INSPIRE, CREATE AND SHARE! RESEARCH ON SCRAPIN'!

MONDAY:
So let's start our week with the weather...sun for a couple hours, 40o, then the dull, cloudy skies.  It looks like all the water has drained off the field out back.  Then we can wait for another bout of snow which is a coming.

I called to activate our new Visa cards.   I don't know how far across America the "hacking at Target" went but we had shopped there.  Our bank automatically sent us new cards.  We are still expecting a couple credits from returns and the bank assured us it would be put on the new number.  We also paid our Visa today and the new number was on the statement.  It appears they are on top of things.

Printouts are coming in to be used for the Income Tax purposes too, so here we go, getting things in order. Make a folder!    Then it's usually a couple months of grueling paper work.  Bob will ask me -print this, print that-  this isn't allocated right-change it and print again, which usually effects our budget not the taxes. 

I made stuffed peppers for supper.  Betsy bought the fixings and the peppers were huge..like acorn squash. And once again, the rice did not get soft.  Where is this lousy rice coming from?  Oh if I don't find Uncle Ben's pretty soon, well, I'll just have to quit cooking!    
Now day is done, gone the sun..old Girl Scout song.  I'm going to bed.  

TUESDAY:
Another dull, grey day, even with the temp at 50o.

Bob worked on his Mac all day, trying to set up some new things.
I made a Thinking of You card for Bob's Aunt.  She was hospitalized, oh I want to say last November. I kept thinking about her, but didn't get a card out. 


I started my Christmas album.  I was surprised when I saw each photo has printed on the back; "made on a Mac!"   I'm trying to work in some of the Stamping Up and the Sizzix stuff to make this year's album different.  


A SMALL AMOUNT OF SIZZIX, CRICUT AND STAMPIN UP USED.


SIZZIX AND STAMPIN UP.

Other than that, I watched several video's from the Scrap booking Made Simple gal.  She is at a Craft & Hobby Convention (CHA) and she is making a video at each booth that she visits.  
One video was putting resin on stickers to make them shine and  be thicker.  I really don't like thick stuff in my albums because it pulls the protector sheet and it wrinkles.  I don't see myself doing that craft.  Lots of new stuff.
WEDNESDAY:
I had a doctor's appointment to attend this morning.  After we drove into Eastern Hills Shopping area to return a few things at Hobby Lobby that didn't work out.  Also had a coupon for Jo Ann's Fabric, so I buzzed thru there. I finally found the 2 1/2 inch Zyron tape X box-at both places, but neither place had a refill available so I backed off on that one.  

Coming home we stopped at Paula's donuts for a 1/2 dozen, then picked up our 4 o'clock coffee at Dunkin Donuts to enjoy with our treat.  So good!

Since supper, I've been researching on line for a couple items.  I need to get the new Sizzix stuff organized instead of flopping it in a drawer.  

THURSDAY:
Flakes!  The back patio is covered in white stuff again.
I'm up early, back on computer researching.   I found the storage boxes for the dies on Stampin Up and Sizzix web sites.  I have an order and I can't get the machine to move!!! I can't check out.  Guess I'll wait for Bob to get up.  I'm going back to bed.   


An idea from another video: I'm going to try and put my flexible, clear, cling stamps in a DVD box as seen on the video.  They listed a place to buy the boxes from also: try www.tapeonline.com.  (maybe Wal*Mart) First we try them.  I tore apart a Michael Bolton DVD box just to see.  



IT WORKS NICELY.  HOW EXCITING!

Have you realized that I get as big a kick out of organizing as scrapin.   Woot, Woot.  

This morning I saw a real pretty Valentine card to make on line, now I want to go back to it and can't find it.  Have you ever done that?  Well, it won't happen again...I hope..when I saw something this after noon, I whipped out my phone and took a pic.  Ta Da!  


PICTURE RIGHT ON SITE.

I have found so many Scrapin sites to look at; I'll be spending alot of time on the computer.  One site was called: Better Than Therapy!  I did take time to take down my Ugly Trees, I didn't care for the Snowmen on them.  Bob helped me pack them up till next year.

Bob is having pain with his bottom teeth so he went into town to the dentist again.  I've been making soft foods for him.   He picked up a few groceries while out.  

After supper, Bob checked out some movies to watch. We want to see Captain Phillips but it's not released yet.  He then watched his stories and I went in my craft room to work on a few more album pages.  

FRIDAY:  


We blew off the day!  We drove out to Corfu to stop at the bakery that makes the delicious cupcakes.  A sign on the door stated that the place was closed until Feb. 3rd.  Rats!  

No other plans; we headed to Boulevard Mall area.  We shopped and had a late lunch and ended up in Barnes & Noble to browse.

SATURDAY:
The ground is covered this morning, just a scattering.  Snow blower won't be necessary.

Donna sent a text, their family was coming over to "bond". The girls have been working out ideas for decorations for Erin's Bridal Shower which is coming up in March.  

Betsy made a pasta/sausage dinner dish that we could zap later and I made a salad and jello.  

Bob and David had a wood project to make too, in between watching basketball.  Syracuse came out ahead but it was a nail biter so they say.

After everyone left for the evening, back on the computers for us.  Bob finished up a nice memo to our camping group about going out for our Polar Bear dinner in Feb. at the Red Mill Inn.   I think I heard it was closed for several years, hope the food is good.



SUNDAY:
The weather is not very nice, blowing snow again.  Cold!
I'm a little under the weather today too so I'm going to post early, maybe watch some football.  

Hope everyone has a good week.  Thanks for clicking in.  

GOLDEN GRAM  

No comments:

Post a Comment