Sunday, January 26, 2014

A LITTLE HEALTH, A LITTLE HOBBY, AND A LITTLE SHOWER CRAFTING!

MONDAY:

I had mentioned not being up to par on Sunday.  The truth is, I was prepping for a Colonoscopy exam.  The last one was done in 2006, and Dr. Sue says, "do it, call Bernie!"  (I have gone to Dr. Sue for over 45 years, we are like sisters!)  So as yet another part of my physical, I called Bernie.  The prep stuff to drink is horrible.  I tried using a straw to keep it all to one side of my mouth so I didn't have all the taste of it.  
Dr. Bernie had said to me, " this is the last time you can have this procedure, when you get near 80 we don't feel the need to provide it."  80 WHO'S 80?  I was dumb struck. I couldn't think of a one liner to come back at him with but I have my thoughts now. And how old are you with the bald head, would have been good?  

I checked in to UMMC at 9:00am and was sitting at Wendy's for something to eat at noon!  The solid food was so good!  Then came home and took a three hour nap.  Kinda sluggish all the rest of day.

TUESDAY:
I'm getting around, kinda lazy I would say.   I have the washing done and I want to make chicken soup if I get up the gumption.  
Bob went to dentist this morning and turned in his bottom plate.  Dr. Joe to send them out for a "soft" lining.  Hope it helps, nothing like sore gums.  Bob also went for a haircut. Man, his hair was starting to curl around his neck.

I played around with another card that I wanted to copy.   I had to improvise as I didn't have the original stamps.  My stamping ink pads are getting to dry so I went on computer and placed an order for the refill ink.  (it's all water soluble ink)  


THIS IS THE CARD THAT I WANT TO COPY.


THIS IS THE CARD I MADE.   I DO NOT LIKE TO COLOR IT IN.  
 I think the script is more elegant than the boxed word.

WEDNESDAY:
Good morning world!  Wonder what I can contribute today. Bob says, the sun is shining and it's 11o out.
The cold water is running so the pipes didn't freeze during the night.  Pictures on FB from NC show a little snow delivered-the schools are closed...ha!  Better them than us.

Busy day!  Bob picked up his teeth and added $$$$ to the economy.  Then we went to Lockport as I had a hair appointment and added $$$ to the economy. Plus stops at Dunkin and the Dollar Store.  

At Deb's we had coffee and visited.  Christianna came in with her cute puppy. (Mario) She had just returned from working a store in Toronto.  Debbie offered her some of my Chicken Soup.  Rocky came in from work and he looked so "debonair" all dressed up with a long over coat and scarf.  He's a hunk!
Rocky helped us load the truck up with things that we will be working on Saturday when the girls come over to work on shower decos.  He showed us his snazzy new vehicle that he is buying-Mercedes-SUV.  It was too cold to look much less take a picture.  

THURSDAY:
I was up and down during the night and once again I noticed the neighbor's out door light on; yep, three deer were eating away at the bird feeder and off the ground.  I took a photo but it's lousy!  Bob says, next time put the screen up.  Ya, and the deer would have been long gone.

OUT MY BEDROOM WINDOW

Today I made chocolate chip cookies.  In my Christmas stocking, I received a new spoon that was to be the exact measurement needed per cookie. 

EACH SPOONFUL SHOULD BE ONE COOKIE
Well, dumb Dora had four spatulas out trying to use this spoon.  Then when I washed up the dishes, I saw that the bottom of the spoon has a pop out base. Dah! Now why didn't I see that earlier?  I'll have to try that again.


THE SIZE LOOKS UNIFORM.

We did a quick trip to the grocery store.  Baby it's cold outside.  How are those men working outside building that new ice arena in downtown Buffalo?  And, more bad weather on the way for tomorrow and Saturday.

I spent the evening in my craft room as Bob and Betsy had both computers in use printing the shower invitation envelopes.    
FRIDAY:
I had to bake and clean to get ready for Saturday when the girls come over.   I wanted to make cupcakes as my niece told me a new idea!  You put Solo baking filling mix into the batter (after following box directions) and it enhances the flavor of the cake/cupcakes.  
SOLO ALMOND FILLING 

I used almond filling in the white cupcakes and raspberry filling in the chocolate ones.  


ALMOND ICING/FEW ALMONDS ON TOP

It was a guess as to how long to bake in my oven, (dang thing has a mind of it's own) so I just watched and checked  to make sure they were done.  


CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY/CHOCOLATE ICING
Oh boy, did I have a ton of cupcakes so during our work event, I packed some up for the girls to take home.  We liked the almond flavor the best.  Thanks Linda!!!

Finally, we watched the Captain Phillips movie.  It was good!  I hope it wins an Oscar.  The rescue was slow happening, I can't imagine the fear that he lived through.  His breakdown showed it.  But at the end of show, it was stated that he went back to work the same place again.  

SATURDAY:
The weather was horrible for the kids to drive here, much better around Batavia.  We were in full swing by ten thirty; we worked on center pieces, invitations and favors.  


David, Aunt Cindy, Donna, Me and Aunt Debbie.
Aunt Betsy was making coffee.
We stopped for a pizza and sub lunch.  Then after lunch everyone started making the gift baskets. Paper, ribbon, and tape was a flying; these girls work fast!!!!  David offered to help shrink wrap a basket and it blew up like a balloon!  Donna went running to the rescue.  We had so much fun, laughing and making decisions, my only wish was that Erin was here to enjoy it with us.  

Bob and David had a project too!  Donna had seen a wooden board that she wanted made to hold the place cards at the wedding.  So the guys went to Home Depot. At home, after getting the slats cut, they calculated the distance for the slots so each name would show. They ended up with 10 boards with 18 card slots each. Hay, guys the venue will not hold that many people!!! Always better to have extra in case the board cracks or has a knot in it. Then they routed the edges.  Sanding and painting still to be done on that.


THE GUYS PROJECT.  

About four o'clock it started to look nasty outside so Debbie packed up and left.  Shortly after the rest left, I sat down and read some catalogs that had come in the mail, waiting for the kids to say if they were home safe.  After a little more pick up around the kitchen, we were headed to bed at 8:30pm.  A fun day!  But long day!

SUNDAY:
What a night!  My stomach was at war!  Guess I ate to many goodies.  Once I got to sleep, I slept till 10:30am.   

I went downstairs to put on the TV to watch a new You Tube that had been posted from Stacey of Scrapbooking Made Simple.  That helped to wake me up some.  

I worked on the container for the gift cards.  Then it was time to Blog...lots of days to catch up.  Bob helped me  make an album (on the Mac) of all the pictures of ideas that I have been taking from the Internet.  

Waiting for evening to watch the next episode of Downton Abbey.  


Have a good week, making memories!  Thanks for checking in.

GOLDEN GRAM 

No comments:

Post a Comment