Sunday, April 20, 2014

NEW TOW VEHICLE! ALL ABOUT EASTER!



MONDAY:
All day at the car dealers.

When the salesman showed us the back up camera on the dash, I was excited and I yelled "SOLD!"   (Sorry Bob but you have had several back up accidents)  Yeah, it could happen to anyone.

TUESDAY:
We were up early, showered/dressed and on the road at 9:30am.  Big deal for us sleepy heads.  I noticed that I had lost a part on my eye glasses so the first stop was at University Eye for the repair.  

Then on to Eastern Hills Mall area where Bob wanted his fly rod reel checked out at Orvis fishing store.  He is now on a first name bases with the manager, Adam.


That done, on to the Buffalo Rubber Stamp and Paper store that was mentioned in my card making class.  Oh my goodness, so much inventory in that small place.  I gawked and gawked.  Easter stamps were 25% off so I pick up a couple stamps.  I just couldn't make a decision in the short shopping time that I had.  There's tons of scrap booking paper and examples of layouts.  Too much to look at!   


We went for lunch before going to the car dealers' to take possession of the new EXL CRV.  I guess it's an SUV.  I am so happy as my worries about another fire in the transmission will be over.  I'm guessing that Ford would never replace another transmission should there be another fire; it would just be a battle.  


Our salesman was excellent; he talked from 1:30 pm to 4:00, going over paper work and all the car features, like settings of the computerized things.   What a nice guy.  (Vincent C at Ray Laks)  I owe him some chocolate chip cookies.




This is it!  
My Chocolate Drop!  
Heading home we stopped for 4:00 coffee and tried to make decisions on where to put our personal things.  The water bottles will be handier at arms length on the door.  But the next coffee purchase will have to be medium size as small size was hard to grip in the middle wells.  We couldn't get the thruway monitor to stick on the windshield so I had to hold it up in the window  at the toll booths until new stick em is put on it. 

At home, it was an effort to make warm ups for supper as we were wiped out.   Now I'm two days behind with doing the washing, Bob is out of socks and I need gutchies!


WEDNESDAY:

Up and at em!  I have another appointment at dermatologist in Rochester.  Co pay, copay, copay!  Golden years takes all our gold. I'm also doing eye drops for the cataract surgery on Thursday.  

We had the lunch special at Olive Garden and then went on to AC Moore before heading home.  

At home, I started making some Easter candies.  
I MADE A POUND OF WHITE AND 2 POUNDS OF DARK CHOCOLATE.

FINISHED PRODUCT

THURSDAY:
We checked in at hospital at 8:30am.  Procedure followed and we left by 10:30am.  My cataract in left eye is gone.  Now more follow up with drops.


I PROMISED A FRIEND A SELFIE BUT
SINCE I CAN'T SEE GOOD BOB TOOK THIS PHOTO.  

I laid around the rest of the day.  During the night I developed stomach cramps.  What to hay?

FRIDAY:
I had to go back to the ophthalmologists office for a check up.  They removed the bandage and after checking things, gave me more instructions.  I mentioned the stomach cramps and the doctor thought it was from the anesthesia.  Really?  Another of my  allergies.  The cramps continued so I laid low.


SATURDAY:
I'm feeling a little better, still a few cramps.  The eye is fine, no problems except to stop and put in the 3 drops.  
Betsy stepped up and had Easter fixings rolling.  Well, the stuff that she wanted to put in basket to take to church for the blessing.  
  She baked several breads with the egg in the middle. 


WE ALWAYS DID THIS WHEN SARAH WAS  SMALL.

 She colored all the hard boiled eggs.  She had made the Sweet Cheese and cooked the Kielbasa yesterday.  (Sweet cheese is scrambled eggs, milk with cinnamon and raisins.  Recipe handed down from  Grandmother.) 
READY TO GO TO CHURCH.
After the church visit, the two of us continued with the Easter fixings. 


Betsy has the jello made and she is filling the jigglers.


SUNDAY: 
A great sunny day with lots of food and fun doing the egg hunt.  All the young adults couldn't be here so some "old adults" filled in.  The bunny was out hiding the eggs at 7:00am.  We were all surprised how hard the bunnies clue's were done in graphics.  It was a tall bunny too as some eggs were found in the trees.  




IN THE DRAIN PIPE

Rocky found some in the mailbox.





ANNALYNN, MARK & BOB
FIRST AND SECOND PLACE WINNERS




BASKETS FOR EVERYBODY

HAPPY EASTER FROM ALL OF US!

GOLDEN GRAM 

No comments:

Post a Comment