Sunday, April 6, 2014

Well, that takes care of March, Let's see how April will be.

MONDAY:
Well, I screwed up this day!  I first got up at 5:00 am, had my coffee, wandered around the house, worked on computer, then went back to bed about 7:00 am and slept until 10:30 am.  Until I finally woke up to normal, it was around 11:00 am.  Great start for the day!  That has to be some kinda Old Age syndrome.

I had mending to do so I picked up the sewing machine and set it up.  I had trouble threading the needle even with the white paper behind it, so I changed the spool of thread.  grrr!  That worked better and I fixed my garment.  Then I forgot to ask Betsy to pin some new pj pants so there the mess sits and she has gone to bed.  Always tomorrow.
I didn't finish the wash until about 5:00 pm and then it was hurry and make supper.  Bob hadn't woke up from his nap so that slowed things down some.  

COMING UP THE BACK YARD, FOUR ALTOGETHER
The deer are out in the field almost every night now.  Having our coffee on the porch, it's fun to watch them.  We have a couple of brave ones; just like last night, four of them cut across the fields heading straight for the neighbor's bird feeder. Now they don't even wait until dark.  It was close to 7:00 pm.   I watched them for some time.
TUESDAY:
So it's April Fool's Day.  And how did that originate?  I have to look that one up. 
It's about 9:45 am and Bob has left to join our son, David, at one of the fishing holes.  They have a beautiful, warm day. Bob wants to practice tying the knots that were taught in his instructional class.  Never mind catching a fish.

I have the clothes all folded and will put away when I go upstairs.  But for now, I have the day to myself!  Yippee!  I have two more cards that I want to make up, so off I go.  



HERE'S ONE.  IT'S A POCKET CARD.
 IT WOULD BE GOOD TO SAY LET'S HAVE LUNCH!
SINCE IT'S SO SMALL.  I COPIED BRANDY COX DESIGNS AGAIN.
In the evening we both had events to attend.  Bob went to a Planning Board meeting and I had registered for a Stampin Up Class.  
Bob heard that there are investors interested in building a high rise for adults at the end of our street now.  Bob prepared an e-mail to all the neighbors again.  Non-ending!  Not an April Fools joke.  
In my class, we each worked on two Easter cards and one Easter treat bag.  
On two of the items, we had to make a grass cut and they now have scissors that cut grass about 1" wide so that was a new experience.
 A border punch was used, oval punch, a name plate punch, a Scallop Tag Topper punch for bag and a bird punch.  A Sizzix Die was used to cut a frilly square which we trimmed into a beautiful cross. 
It was nice to see some of the other products used also; like the Stampin Up glue pens, two sided tape and glue dots. A good experience for an evening.
That's the good part of it; the bad part is when one tries to make up more of the same without the tools. What can you trace, what other tool can you use to improvise to make same?  


CHICKS CARD WITH
THE GRASS CUT.

SIZZIX DIE CUT USED FOR CROSS 


THE TREAT BAG.
OVAL AND SCALLOPED BAG TOPPER PUNCH USED.

These were fun to make.  I didn't like driving home in the dark by myself though.
WEDNESDAY:
A late sleep in and the morning was gone!  Then once I turn on the computer, I'm stuck there for a hour or better.  I did get some cash receipts posted.  (End of month, ya know)  
I made stuffed peppers for supper and this time they cooked so good.  The rice was perfect!  I've been having trouble with that factor.   I put them on the stove (the lowest heat) and went to take a nap.   They weren't done for supper so I had to cook another hour as those peppers were hugeaaaa.  .  
I watched some TV with Bob then went to bed and just had to finish a book.  Wee hours again, no wonder my sleeping is so screwed up!
THURSDAY:
Finally, I saw two robins this morning!  I'm probably the last person to spot them.  
I started off the morning answering a phone call in bed.   It was 10:30.  (Making up for reading so late)   It was Bob's sister and she had some questions regarding the wedding event.  She offered to call later and I accepted.  I said, "Let me get a cup of coffee!"  
During the afternoon and into the evening, we both worked on the Secretary's job (Bob is now sec.) for our camping group.    I  made and then organized all the camp outs in folders and he looked up the info on the campgrounds.  We hunted for the original Events Schedule and it was a pdf file which some members can't open.  I retyped it in Word so we could send both files out again.   Reminders were sent as to deadline dates for registering.
Our Region 1 meet in May is on an island somewhere beyond Watertown, NY.   Yeah, a different campground for us.  Since it's surrounded  with water, fishing ought to be easy.  They promise a cooking school too.  It would be just my luck that they would cook fish!
Our Eastern (new this year) International meet is in SE West Virginia.  Yeah, another new destination!  It's at a fair grounds in Fairlea, WV., in September.   That would be a nice trip, hope the dates work out for all the campers.
Bob is now watching his TV program-Elementary.  I'll pick up the mess and I'm heading to bed.  Lots of sitting today.

FRIDAY:
I'm heading to the doctor's for a pre-op exam.  It's at 11:15 am for my cataract surgery in a couple weeks.  What else do I have to do?
STILL DRIFTS

It's cold and raining like mad.  The back field is really flooded.  There is still a snow drift in front of our shed and Bob still can't open the doors.  He was out there poking at it yesterday.  It will take a few more warm days to finish it off.  

I hinted at draining some water off the pool as the elephant cover is sitting in water.  I was worrying it would rot!  Bob calmly says, "you think it will rot."  I guess I shouldn't notice, like a nag!  Another big pay out if it does, they aren't cheap.   After I worried that the ice in pool would move more and cut the liner.  Oh boy.

I finally sat down and fixed the hem in my new pj's.  It was a job taking out the original hem.  Sometimes you can catch one thread that will go zip all around hem; not so with these.  Then my robe needed the hem fixed, done!  I couldn't think of any other patch jobs so I put the machine away.  
SATURDAY:
We woke up to a scattering of snow and it was cold, with temps dropping again. It's probably not the last time either.  
I addressed some Easter cards while Bob was working on his computer.  He is researching the purchase of a different tow vehicle.  I live in fear to tow the Ford for fear of another fire in transmission and he says that he heard a huge clunk the other day.  Do you know the saying, "time to trade as the ash trays are full!"  Well, in perspective-it needs new brakes and tires.  
Bob went downtown to look at the Jeep models and was gone for four hours; a simple phone call please.   I made another pineapple upside down cake as he thought he could smell one baking before leaving.  Like hint, hint.  
We watched the game shows and the Saturday Night Mystery before going to bed.  About half way thru, I realized that I had seen the mystery before.  Dah!

SUNDAY:
I'M UP AT 5 AM AGAIN.  Boy I could hold down a job this week, ha!  The truth is, I don't even want to clean and cook anymore.  Lazy!  Of course, I'm on computer.  I noticed alot of other people's new game requests are showing up in Face Book again.  I need to find the spot to get rid of them.  Annoying!!!!  
I watched a scrappin video.  The artist used pastel colors and the lay outs were pretty.  But they put so much on the page, you hardly can see the photo.  You could say, they are talented and I'm just jealous.  True!   

About 1:00 pm, David and Donna arrived here.  We all had a wake to go to in Rochester suburbs.  After they hunted for an Olive Garden restaurant and we all had another delicious meal.  I took a picture of my salad and bread stick and sent it with a text to my grandson in Utica, to tease him.  He likes OG too.  He guessed OG immediately.

At home we had coffee and pineapple upside down cake and then Donna and David left.  Now it's time to settle down for the evening and relax.  

I'll have to check to see if Mr. Selfridge is on WXXI tonight.  Last week we watched it and had a hard time sorting out the new characters that have been added.  

It's seems like the week went by fast; maybe the few good, sunny  days helped. 
So have a good week and thanks for coming by.  

GOLDEN GRAM








No comments:

Post a Comment