Sunday, April 13, 2014

SPRING HAS SPRUNG! REPAIRS TO GET DONE. HAPPY HOME OWNERS!

MONDAY:
WOO HOO! NATIONAL NO HOUSEWORK DAY!
It was nice outside until about noon, then the rains came.  Damp and cool!  About 10:00 am Bob was invited to go fishing at Godfrey's Pond again.  He gets all excited...then he thinks about it...oh darn...I have this to do but on goes the fishing garb!

As soon as he returned, he called for service on the furnace.  I have been complaining that I smell something burning like wires or dust or rags in the mud room.    (Again he can't smell it)  Saturday when it happened, I called Betsy from her room and she checked out all the machines...nothing was hot.  

As soon as the service man arrived, he took the front cover off the furnace and found cakes of soot, and something white.  Then he noticed a compressed shield that had fallen on the burner.  A couple pieces of insulation was loose and  burned off. 



THIS WAS ON THE BURNER OF FURNACE.
He worked about two hours cleaning the interior and extension pipes.  I have a feeling we are lucky to be alive.  Do you think that is what "fall cleaning" is all about?    We have had the house 44 years, the furnace is an original so replacement was suggested, once again by the service man.  Ha, there was a 20 year warranty on the furnace.  It owes us nothing!  

It was also strongly suggested that we get new carbon monoxide machines up!  Yes, they do become outdated!  After supper Bob headed out to Home Depot and purchased 3 new monitors.  

TUESDAY:
Yesterday I was searching for some cute ideas for Easter decorations and came upon this egg coloring tip.  Who-da thought this would work?  In the first place I don't think a plastic soda glass would be to good to use.  But I'm going to try the whisk idea.
Another idea was on Face Book for coloring eggs.  If you don't have small people about who enjoy the event and you want to do the job quick here's an idea.
Spread shaving cream into a bowl and add food coloring of your choice into it.  Roll the eggs in it, then rinse and let dry.  The picture was pretty with a purple and blue marble effect. 
I do have to look in storage for my Jigglier egg jello molds.  Even the big kids like to eat them as they jiggle and roll.


Bob's afternoon doctor's appointment in Lockport was cancelled because the doctor was sick.  It happens to the best of us.  So we sat deciding what to do instead and we ended up shopping all over town.  

After supper I fell asleep in a chair, too much for the old gal.  When I woke up I was so out of it, I went right to bed.  Bob watched his TV stories.

WEDNESDAY:
Today is Bob's birthday.  He is telling everyone he is 67, that's shaving off 10 years.   We went to Brockport and finished off some more shopping and went to lunch to celebrate.  The restaurant that I had in mind was closed for remodeling so we went to Friendly's. Always good there and ice cream sundaes are included in the meal.  We thought the ice cream was one scoop but not so..full Hot Fudge Sundae.  


BIRTHDAY LUNCH
ALL LOW CALORIE!  


After we went to Wal Mart and then Wegman's.  At home and after unloading, we took a nap.  

I had steak planned for supper so that was easy.  I whipped up a salad and some of those steam fresh veggies.  Betsy brought a small cake home and we had that with our coffee and song!   


BEST WISHES!


HE IS VERY HAPPY WITH HIS GIFT
A NEW 11' FLY FISHING POLE FROM THE FAMILY.  
It's been a beautiful day, nice and warm.  It's promised for tomorrow too. Can you believe it?  I bet I know where someone will be going!  

THURSDAY:
Well it was too windy for fly fishing today.  But it did reach 70 degrees.  Yes, love it.  
Bob dug right into the outdoor problems.  Yesterday he had shoveled the ramp to the shed; tired of waiting on Mother Nature.  Today, out came the John Deere tractor and he put it in garage for maintenance.  He noticed shingles off the back roof of the shed.  Then he took the pool pump off and took it to be fixed at the pool place as it had leaks using it last summer.  Plus he wanted to move the stones off the grass before it started growing.   He hooked up a small vacuum and sucked them up rather than raking.  Clever!  So quite the busy guy.
I was not that ambitious.  I was all anxious to put the Easter baskets together with the stuff we have been shopping for the last few days. Betsy and I are hosting Easter dinner this year.  First time in many years as we have been going to Debbie's.  Debbie and crew are in Las Vegas for the week so I offered to have dinner.   We always have an Egg Hunt even if the kids are older; they get a basket for participating.  I put together eight Easter baskets and Betsy helped me shrink wrap them after supper.


ALL SET FOR THE EGG HUNT!
I did find my jello jigglier molds so I have them out and washed them.  Next was check tablecloths.  Sounds like a lot ahe?  Well, so far I haven't washed any walls and curtains like Mom always had to do.  That's about it for today.  Time to hit the hay.  

FRIDAY:
I pulled another of those mornings-up early-back to bed-by the time one has a shower-the morning is consumed.  
After lunch, I went downtown to do some errands.  I needed some cash so I went to the bank first.  What to my surprise, I could reach the machine to take out cash.  Bob usually does it.  

Bob waited for a guy to pick up the John Deere tractor.  He wants it serviced as he couldn't get it to run right last fall.

I tried to make a grocery list, more in menu form so I don't forget the food I need for the dinners.  That made me think of the fact that Mom never made a ham gravy, how come?  I did try a raisin sauce one year but it was horrible!  To much vinegar.  Guess I'll do a Goggle on that idea.  Any suggestions? 
Another thought came to mind, remembering dinners; one year my brother Bob and I was horsing around in the kitchen, fighting over the Redi Whip.  It went all over an some how we knocked a pitcher and matching juice glasses off the top of refrig.  It was Mom's favorite, a Depression Cobalt blue glass antique.  Funny, I remember the fun but not the punishment.  

I worked some in the craft room but I didn't feel good so that didn't last long.  I waited for Betsy to come home and we had the stinking fish and shrimp, one more time.

I went to bed early to read.  Nuf for the day.

SATURDAY:
Really nice day!  Oh, I'm so pleased that it's nice.  

All three of us have some kind of congestion.  Nora virus maybe like on the cruise ships.  Mostly head congestion.

Since I didn't feel good, I decided to get a supper made so I could take it easy all day.  I put together a dish of lasagna so I could just pop it in the oven later.  Then I turned on the telly and plopped to watch the Master's.  I love to see the beautiful spring flowers on the golf course.  That's all I did for the day.

Bob and his buddies went to Godfrey's Pond to fish about 9:00am.  He hooked four but couldn't land them.  Now I suppose he needs a net.  He came home about 2:30 and told of his day...all excited, then he went upstairs to change clothes and he disappeared...nappie time.  

SUNDAY:
Well, the sun is going down and I'm trying to compose what I did all day...dah!   

Congratulations Mike!
There was good news!  First off, Bob's nephew in Fl. on the police force received an award for volunteering.  Nice pics came thru.
We are also promised a You Tube of the ceremony.  
Then our grandson, Alex, had an up date to his graduation schedule (he'll be a pilot! aeee!)  In between all the ceremonies, there will be a formal ball for all of us.  That should be fun.  Scheduled in June.

I played in the craft room making place settings with my eye on the TV watching the Master's.  I'm so disappointed that the young person didn't win but we noticed a couple acts of poor sportsmanship so he needs to mature.  He has to earn the green jacket with more than a good score.

Bob spent the day outside again.  He was polishing up the truck as we have an appointment tomorrow to look at a new "tow" vehicle.  (HONDA CR-V)  The appointment is with the first person to call back with a brown one.   We also ordered a new furnace this week. Bob is saying, "Go work your magic Caroline.  (Meaning funds)  Okay Bob.

That brings another week to a close.  That awful word (snow) is expected again on Tuesday after all these nice days.  Nuts!

Have a good week and thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM 



  






No comments:

Post a Comment