Sunday, May 11, 2014

NEW RV TOWING HITCH SET UP , YEAH! ROCKY'S MASTER'S DEGREE , PAIN IN THE NECK!

MONDAY:
And we start another day/week.   The weather was beautiful, very sunny.    After breakfast we headed off to Rochester  for a light treatment.  I wasn't feeling just right, I had a couple dizzy feelings this morning.  So when I told the attendant at the light center she offered to take my blood pressure.  It was fine, little low.   So we went ahead with the treatment.   I was worried that I might pass out in the heat.  So in the booth, I decided to keep the mind busy, I looked around and found the timer/counter, it was set at 55 seconds.  That was a surprise, I thought the time was much longer.  Big imagination.  Then I counted the fluorescent tubes, 22  across the front and sides,  must be the same behind me.   Then the timer went off and I was done.  This must be similar to a tanning booth which I have never tried.   I dressed then went to pay the bill.   

We had coupons for McDonald's so off we went there.  The coupons were for buy one -get one free. So we ordered, 2 chicken McNuggets, 2 large fries, and 2 milkshakes.  Wow!   We are going to be really sick with all these carbs!   That's the trouble with coupons,  you eat to much trying to use them.   

From there we went to Penny's with another coupon.   ($10.00)   I need shoes to wear with my gown for Alex's wedding.  We missed the shoe section and ended up in the home section.  Drapes were on sale and I want to replace our living room ones.  We picked out three different patterns to bring home for trial.  


SEXY AHE?  I NEED A WEDGE HEEL SO I DON'T KILL MYSELF!
 Then on to the shoe section,  I saw one silver pair but they were small heels.  Still hunting, we went to Payless in the mall.   Nothing available there.   Back to Penny's and couldn't get waited on so we left.  By then my neck was hurting and all I wanted to do was go home.  I slept on the way home.   Still miserable once home, I crawled in bed.   When I woke up I had a stiff neck. Wonder if I have a virus?  One more darn thing to contend with -add to the list!   

Bob and Betsy went to a wake for our neighbors mother who was 99 years old.  We were all hoping she would live until her birthday in September and be a centenarian.   Actually she had been working on favors for her party.  Too bad. 

Before supper we opened the new drapes and we all decided on the same pair.  They are a little more modern and I will be so happy to get rid of the sheer ones which are hard to put back up after washing. 
After supper I watched the news and  a couple you tube videos.  

 TUESDAY:
Another beautiful day!  We are blessed!  I should have gone outside for some sun but instead I started to gather up all the Easter decorations to put back in storage.  It's fun getting the stuff out but there's lots of procrastinating about putting it away.   I had three things to fix before putting away so out comes the glue gun and my wire box with tools.   That done, I started getting out the next holiday things!  Red, white and blue!  


MY SISTER MADE THIS BEAUTIFUL WREATH FOR ME.


Bob was busy outside fixing things plus he helped me put the storage tubs away as my neck still hurts.  No way could I get under the stairs in that cramped space with this sore neck.    
SLATS TO HOLD NAME CARDS UP RIGHT

Bob finished varnishing the wooden slat name card holders for Alex's wedding.  (David and Bob made them in March)  We have been waiting for a nice warm day so he could open the large garage door while the varnish dried.  We don't need a fire from fumes.  

Late this afternoon, the big brown truck delivered my dress for the wedding.  Now to try it on.  It's so pretty. I know it will need hemmed.   I went several places shopping only to return to David's Bridal and found out my size was gone in the dress that I liked.    PUNT!    At home I went on line and placed an order thru David's bridal for the same dress.   Same dress was $70.00 cheaper than in the store.  Free shipping too!  That will pay for the alterations.  Happy, happy.  

I tried to work in the craft room to finish up a couple cards,  kinda hard to do with a stiff neck.  Then Debbie called, Rocky's ceremony for his Master's degree is Thursday night.  She has two extra tickets.  Oh, we have an 8:30 am appointment for getting the hitch on the CRV and that will take all day, we will be done in, never mind driving to Niagara University.   She will check to see if the ceremony will be on TV so we can watch it at home as we did for Sarah's.  


WEDNESDAY:
The third beautiful morning.   Can't believe it!   
I have to go back to the eye doctor again today for another check up.   This morning makes three weeks of eye drops in the left eye, so that eye will be done this evening.   Now two more weeks of drops for the right eye.   Oh, almost done.   Then new glasses in about a month.  This hasn't been a cheap adventure,  more fun to put the money into crafts or camping .   Things are much brighter and purple is now purple instead of brown.   Some time ago, I actually bought a jacket and purse thinking it was beige!   Wrong, purple the family told me.   If I can see road signs and road maps better, I will be one happy camper!   
After lunch we drove to Rochester for another light treatment.   Then to Penney's to pick up the rest of  the drape panels. 
Tomorrow we have to take the motor home and car to Caledonia to have a hitch installed.  It's an all day procedure so we have to be there early in the morning.   We loaded up some coffee fixings and food.   
THURSDAY:
We loaded up a few more necessities in the motor home and then Bob showed me the car essentials so I could drive it to Caledonia RV repair.  My first time driving the new car!  (I didn't want to drive with the eye drops)  No matter how I direct Bob and the MH out of the driveway, it seems he has to pull up in again.  Those front wheels turn on a dime!  Off we went and arrived as the garage was opening for the day. 8:30am.  
We parked off to the side, they came to get the car.  We sat around in the sun.  I was outside in the sun a couple hours and decided that was enough for the first time.

  1. I read magazines and a new book. 
  2. I sent and received text messages.
  3. Bob went on the MH roof as we had water stains inside the bathroom.
  4. Bob had a service man come and go on the roof for a look and he gave some DIY instructions.
  5. Bob talked to a mobil carpet cleaner.  That man came to look.  I want new throw rugs but Bob thinks we should shampoo them again.  Bob has his card so we can get the house rec room carpet cleaned also.  Wanted this done since Cinderella passed away.
  6. Bob talked to his previous boss (Mac) who arrived on his motorcycle and was scheduling service on his MH rig.  Mac wants the tire pressure monitors installed after a blow out that damaged his car.  
  7. Bob likes to talk!

IT WAS COOL BUT I'M IN THE SUN!



















OUR CRV ALL TORN APART
PARTS ARE PARTS!  

Finally, sometime after 5:00 p.m. they finished up and Bob hooked up the car to MH to check the lights.  Yeah!  All functioning!  Bob spent more time talking to the mechanic (get the facts man) so we didn't get home until 6:30 or later.  

7:00 p.m.:   We got messages from Debbie about Rocky's graduation ceremony....hurry up and dial in Niagara.edu on the computer for the streaming on line.  Bob then put it on our big TV.   Woot! Woot!  Rocky!  Just like being there.
CONGRATULATIONS ON EARNING YOUR MASTERS, ROCKY.







ROCCO, ROCKY AND DEBBIE
THEIR YOUNGEST WITH A MASTERS!



ROCKY AND HIS BEST FRIEND, MIKE, JUMPING FOR JOY!

FRIDAY:
Another beautiful day.  Hard to believe.  Bob says it stormed during the night, I never heard it.  I put the ice bag on my neck and conked out.
We had coffee and discussed what to do today...make a list!
Reading our phones for pics and messages took a while. I'm waiting for the sun to go over the house and off the living room windows so I can clean them.  I washed them and then hung up the new curtains and sheers.  Wooee, pretty!

Bob mowed the lawn.  We both took showers and waited for Betsy to get home.  We were driving her to the airport as she is spending the Mother's Day weekend with Sarah in Boston.

After letting Betsy off, we met Donna at The Hilton Inn and she showed us their accommodations for Alex's wedding. Then we went to their house for dinner.  Eric was home from Utica so it was nice to see him. Next weekend is his graduation from college.  We will be on the road again.

SATURDAY:
We over did it today.  Seems we were on a roll!  The goal was to clean the porch, that means putting the air conditioners in both of the bedroom windows.  If your going to do that, one may as well wash the windows and drapes.  It was just go, go, go.  We did get back to the porch job, it looks much better.  To pooped to pop, we went to Bob Evans for dinner.


BETSY & SARAH
GETTING READY TO GO LOOK FOR CLUES IN THE URBAN RACE 
OF DOWNTOWN BOSTON .   FUND RAISER FOR ST.JUDE HOSPITAL.





GOOFIES!  DOES THE WHOLE TEAM DRESS LIKE THIS?






SUNDAY:
We hurried off to Buffalo to join Debbie and extended families for a Mother's Day brunch at 11:45 a.m.  The restaurant (Acqua) was right on the river so it was a nice setting.  So much to eat, again.

After pictures there:


ALMOST 4 GENERATIONS!


ANNALYNN, ROCKY, DEBBIE AND CHRISTIANNA
We drove to Lockport and went to Christianna and Joe's to see the expected baby's room, the finalization of the bathroom extension, and the finished basement rec room.  Lots of work put in to that house by different members of family.   Rocky laid the shower tiles...good experience.   

At Debbie's we visited until time to head to the airport to pick up Betsy at 6:38 p.m.  She arrived early so we beat a path home.  All having had a long day.  

We have a new garbage pick up company who comes on Monday, so we gathered that up and are now ready to HIT THE COUCH!  

Hope you all had a good week.  Thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM





         





No comments:

Post a Comment