Sunday, September 7, 2014

AND HERE COMES FALL!

MONDAY:
Bob commented on seeing a big group of little black birds come swooping down on the lawn and start hunting for food.  He said, they were so many that the lawn turned black.  So are the birds gathering for migration already?  

Seems like I have heard several people comment on the expected winter being worse than last year.  Does that mean snow or cold?  
We better make plans to get our defenses up!  

Thoughts are just changing to fall, never mind winter.  I put some of my fall decos up.  


BETSY'S HANDIWORK FROM LAST YEAR
That's a job.  I have them stored in plastic tubs under neath the stairs area, along with the Easter and Christmas tubs.  I have to move all the vacuum tools, suitcases and other misc. storage to get to the boxes.  I try to remember to switch the tubs of the next needed season as I'm putting one season back.  Easier said than done.  More organization needed here!  

Our pool outing for the day was interrupted twice,  dark clouds came up and thunder so we had to skedaddle out of the water. 

While camping last weekend a TV program (maybe a series) was mentioned to me so I asked Bob to check it out for the evening.  All I remembered was OVERLANDER.   He searched and searched.  Then I saw FB people talking about it and it's called OUTLANDER.  No wonder Bob couldn't find it.  

TUESDAY:
I had a rough night, it was one of those bummers.  I had coffee then went to call Bob as he is waiting on Mr. Woodchuck to show himself.  Bob is mad as the woodchuck ate off the rest of his sunflowers by the shed, including the flower part.  Bob should get a trap or smoke bomb.   Watch, it won't come out again.

After Bob went for a haircut, we went over town to the Farmer's Market.  I wanted to buy tomatoes for canning.  Debbie and family in Lockport canned all day Saturday.  Some 200 quarts!  Momma Mia!  That would be a killer.  That's canning for four families. 


THEY NEED TO RIPEN
 We bought a bushel, plus veggies.  Then to the grocery store for lids and rings.  Bob was sick in the store so we hurried thru it.  After lunch at home he laid down.

I wanted to put a plastic cover on one of my cookbooks for some time and decided today's the day.  I dragged out all the stuff and worked on it.  

Then I made a square with pumpkin designs to put in a charity basket that I have in progress.  It's a Dunkin Donuts theme with cups, towels, fall scarecrow, and pumpkin. 

Now my sleepless night is catching up to me but I made Western Stuffed Peppers for supper.  They are suppose to be a hot little number but I forgot the green chilies in the store so I improvised with some of our sons hot salsa sauce.  Boy that's good.  Okay, we plop it in the oven and go lay down for twenty minutes till Betsy gets home.   Ahe hu...I awake and it's six o'clock and the peppers are burnt brown on top!  I missed the text from Betsy saying she wouldn't be home for supper and Bob (who never gets hungry) didn't come upstairs to see what's burning.  He was on the computer, heaven and earth doesn't stir him then.  

WEDNESDAY:
Little writers block ! Mostly computer time.  

NEW RECIPE.  EGGPLANT PARM

GOOD BUT I MISSED THE BREADING/FRYING
NOT A GOOD WARM UP

THURSDAY:

The day started off with watching geese fly over while having my coffee.  Another sign of an early fall approaching.  

I knew it was to be nice out today (81o) so I hustled around in the house with duties so I could enjoy the pool, one more time.  

Bob decided to register for the Holiday Rambler International Rally.   So it's off to the mountains (WV) we go, hope my nerves can stand it! 

I had a few more decorations to get out for Halloween, then after lunch Bob and I went outside.  In between dips, we removed the diving board, the ladder and the railing by the stairs and put them in storage.  Then the tent that was put up for a few weeks.  All we have to do now is closing the pipes and the winter cover.  We think we have one more day in the 80's, so the closing will follow that.

 FRIDAY:
We swam all afternoon.  We pulled the sun liner off to dry it then we rolled it up for storage. 
After swimming all afternoon, we decided to go out for supper.  I was sick of cooking!  So we went across town to the Sport of Kings (Sporto's) .
I went to the Dollar Store to get wrapping for my Charity basket too.  Then I put it together when we got home. 


I'LL BRING TO INTERNATIONAL RALLY FOR THE HABITAT  FOR HUMANITY TABLE.
JONI IS MAKING ONE FOR MAKE A WISH
AND THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.  
SATURDAY:


Storms last night have really lowered the temperature, it's cool.  This would be a good time to can the tomatoes.  We bought them Tuesday and was told to let them ripen for two days.  Four days later and they are still firm.  The color is good. 
So I started out about ten and  finished up about five o'clock.  We had trouble with the kitchen cook top as it started clicking.  Bob to the rescue.  He ended up turning off the electric to the ignition starter and we finished  that way.  When it's cool we will have to check it out more.  We ended up with 20 quarts.  I'm really tired now.  Might be smarter to go out for spaghetti dinners instead of canning!  

PEELED  -  TIME TO PACK

LOOKING PRETTY
WE LIKE THE BASIL LEAVES IN THEM FOR SPAGHETTI SAUCE
I cleaned up pots and pans, then we watched TV while waiting on the last kettle to cook.  So tired!  We drove over town for something to eat.


ONE DOESN'T SEE THE SKY LIKE THIS TO OFTEN.
SUNDAY:

Here's Another Sunday!  I slept in quite late so I cooked poached eggs for my breakfast while Bob considered it his lunch.  Then we had the canning to wipe, date and put away.  Everything put away, it feels good to have the kitchen back in order.  


We hurried so we could watch the games.  Ready for some football?  Funny, three teams tied up, three won with a field goal.  

Some time today, Bob put new smoke alarms in the motor home.  He had discovered while talking to our friend RJae, that the battery was in backwards, and our previous device was out dated.  I mean OUT DATED.  There was only one, and it was dated 2001,  replacement suggested before 10 years.  Wonder how Bob missed that one, he is so good about changing batteries in the house.  (every time change)



INSTALLED - ONE IN FRONT AND ONE IN BACK OF MH




 Time to post.  I almost finished reading Bill O'Reilly's book - Killing Lincoln.   Guess I'll try to finish it.

Have a good week and thanks for clicking in.  

GOLDEN GRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment