Sunday, August 31, 2014

WE TOOK LORENZO TO LUNCH!

MONDAY:
Bob went to help our friend, RJae,  as today he was installing a new hydro-heat machine in their motor home.   Bob wanted to be there around 10:30 plus stop for coffee and donuts. It was nice and quite so I just did one thing after another enjoying the day.  


WE MADE THE ZUCCHINI SQUASH TONIGHT WITH THE VEGGETT GADGET.
DESPITE THE WORMY LOOK, IT WAS VERY GOOD.

TUESDAY:
I  awoke early before Betsy left for work.   The pears in the refrig left over from Betsy's clam bake needed used, so they were on my mind.   I decide to can them as I can't eat them all.   I dreaded getting the jars ready and hauling all the canning stuff out again.  
They looked good on the outside but once peeled several were bruised or wormy! Ekk.  That's a shame as fruit is so expensive now.   I really think they were to ripe to can, hope they aren't mushy when served.  

Bob had made a trip down to the bottle return place...he had 5 bags stored under the deck and we will need the space for the patio furniture when closing the pool.   When he came back, he came in and sat right down to help peel.  What a honey!  We had the jars in the caner by 10:00 o'clock.  With all this canning, our kitchen floor was sticky.  I still had a little energy left so I dusted furniture and cleaned the upstairs. 

We went out to the pool after lunch.  It was hot out!  In between dips, we started to take down the gazebo canvass while it was dry.   Then I put all the figurines away.  Little by little, we did a lot and it will make closing the pool much easier if we do a little each day.   

I made a new recipe for supper.  I've seen it on Face Book and it's in this month's Ramblings magazine.   It's the cabbage/hamburger one.    It is suppose to be like cabbage rolls without rolling the cabbage.  (cabbage is cut in 1" squares) Cooking it smelled so good.  But presentation-NO!  I couldn't decide whether to set the table with soup dishes for flat plates.   Guess what?  The family liked it.  I was a little sheepish putting it on the table so that was a surprise.   After eating, Betsy and Bob went outside and packed the patio tables and chairs.  Guess the little we did earlier inspired them.

WEDNESDAY:
Today I have a hair appointment in Lockport.  I had made arrangements with Christianna to go to lunch first as her birthday is coming up.  She offered to drive from her house so that she could leave Enzo's car seat in their car.  We went to Panera Bread restaurant and had a good time visiting.  Enzo never peeped until after we had eaten.  


LORENZO'S CADILLAC!
  THE CAR SEAT FITS ON THE BUGGY FRAME AND AWAY WE GO!



CHRISTIANNA FEED HIM A BOTTLE.


LORENZO LAUGHS NOW.
He weighs about 13 lbs now.   My arms were sore from holding him.  Guess I'll have to get my weights out and exercise my arms for a little more strength.  


CHRISTIANNA LOVED HER MACKENZIE CHILDS VASE.  

After my hair cut, we had a quick cup of coffee @ Debbie's house and then came home, as she had a dentist appointment.  We stopped at Bed & Bath as I wanted to buy the Nutri Bullet machine to make Smoothies.  I had researched the machine on line on Monday and knew that I wanted the 900 Watt motor.  Then to Tops grocery store for a few things.  We had warm ups for supper a little later, and then I read all the info on the Bullet machine.

 THURSDAY:
Cool during the night, I got up and shut the bedroom window.  

Okay, get every thing done so I can try the new machine.  I made poached eggs, emptied the dish washer, took chicken out for supper, brushed my teeth and dressed.  Now, let's give it a try.
I peeled a peach, cut up some carrots and celery, put in lettuce, and milk.  I call Bob to come and see.  I put it on the base and figured out how to start the motor.  IT LEAKED ALL OVER.  So I tightened it again.  Same thing.  Bob tried it, same thing.  So he reads the manuals and makes a call...20 minutes later he is trying it with water.  Doesn't leak!  Yeah!  Now I try it again.  IT LEAKS.  I guess my hands aren't large enough to grip the top enough to tighten it.  That's it, back in the box and back to store.  I don't have patience for that and I'm not calling Bob every time I want to use it.  

Today's temp was not for a swim day but it was nice out.  We worked outside, cleaning the flower beds and trimming shrubs.  



I CUT BACK THE HEATHER
I DON'T LIKE IT HANGING OVER THE BRICKS.  

FRIDAY:
I feel house bound.  Let's go somewhere.  I had a few pick up duties around the house and I wanted to do a couple things on computer before going some where.
Bob was agreeable to a scoot up to Buffalo.  By then we had four things on our minds.  First we stopped at AAA for a trip ticket to West Virginia for the Holiday Rambler International Rally.  We like the old fashioned trip tickets (long paper versus the wide print).  Bob had all the maps from home which he had marked up but to print the details would take 18 pages for just the first part of trip.  
We were lucky and had a lady who has 27 years experience in there and she was excellent-she even let Bob sit and watch her use computer as he had questions on the AAA web site too.   Within our booklet, she printed detailed inserts for the destinations.  Then she checked out Bob's maps, one was dated 2003, so she updated all the maps.   We were there a long time and I'm getting fidgety.  Bob has one more question...since the long trip ticks are being discontinued the end of December...would she print us a long paper trip tick for next year's International Rally in Michigan?  She did!   I just like the longer prints; the exits and rest areas show up better.  When your moving 38' plus car length that's important.  The irony is -we haven't decided if we are going to either.  

We wanted to see the Trader Joe's store next.  I heard it had health food products.  We had a good time scooping it out, but it was busy and I would say there health products are limited. 
Off to the Apple store to have our I Phone 5 batteries checked because of the recent recall.  Over whelming busy!  School starts soon.  Rather than register and wait 45 minutes, we decided to check on computer at home and call if we need replacement batteries.  
Home again, home again, jig, jig, jig.  That's enough for today.
 I fell asleep on the way home so it took me a while to wake up and make supper.  We were just finishing when we heard a motor cycle that sounds like it came in our yard.  Yep, David and Donna were out riding.  We had coffee and treats with our visit before they left. 


DONNA & DAVID
PREPARING TO LEAVE
SATURDAY:
Lovely day, we enjoyed the pool until dark clouds appeared and we thought it a good idea to get out of the water.  We heard thunder but never received any rain.  
Before I made supper, we repacked the Nutri Bullet machine.    Bob had a return to Home Depot also so we planned a trip across town.  
Coming home, we went to Lickity Splits and had a delicious chocolate covered soft serve ice cream before they close for the summer.   
At night, I finished the book by Bill O'Rielly called Killing Jesus.  It was long and had lots of facts.  

SUNDAY:It rained during the night and I never heard it.  The sidewalks were still wet when I got up at 10:30.  Hope it was a good rain.
It's cooler today so we stayed inside and worked on the computers catching up on a few things.  Bob typed an article for the Ramblings magazine.  We are ready to settle in for the night and watch TV so guess I'll post now. 

Have a good week and thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM 


No comments:

Post a Comment