Sunday, November 16, 2014

NEW PUPPY, NEW RECIPE & NEW HOUSE!


MONDAY:



ERIC'S NEW LAB PUPPY

I forgot to add this picture last week.  Grandson, Eric finally found a puppy of his dreams.  He has named her "Fireball!"  Her color is Red Fox or Fox Red, can't remember.  By the looks of those paws and legs, she won't be small for very long.  Cute ahe?

As we are in the Autumn of our years, live with Passion!  That's profound, ahe?  I dictated, (harsh) I requested a shopping trip, movie and dinner out for our anniversary.  I wasn't going to say, oh that's alright, I'll cook us something good.  No Way!  Too old smart. 

We both had good books on Sunday night and read until the wee hours, then slept in late and almost ruined the above plans.  We left home about noon and took off for "our" day.  Shopping time was limited. I enjoyed the movie, THE BEST OF ME-which is a Nicholas Sparks novel converted to a "girl flick".  I read the book last spring some time.  And of all the wishes; the salad at Olive Garden is out standing!  I love the Eggplant Parm, so good. 
Actually, I held up pretty good until we went to Cabelas where Bob had an exchange to make.  I  wandered way down into store to look at the out door cookware (cast iron) and my knee went out.  Oh, crud!  I hobbled back to the entrance and thru the parking lot to our car.  Some day I'm going to get that knee replaced.   We had a great day.

TUESDAY:

  The sun is out and shinning beautifully.  Bob mentioned raking the leaves today as it's suppose to be  warm.  He isn't up yet but we will see if that comes off.

Yesterday while at the mall, Bob mentioned the Apple store but he didn't persue it, knowing that you have to register and wait twenty to forty minutes for a turn.    He has several items on his phone that he has questions on. 


Well, things change.  I had a ham slice defrosting for supper, two loaves of freezer bread rising, and had made banana cream pie when Bob came in and said we were going to Lockport.  Oh, okay.  He had been working on our leaves outside.  I put the bread and ham in the refrigerator and got ready.  I wasn't passing up a chance to go visit and see baby Lorenzo. 

Debbie had called Monday requesting Bob's help with an electric change.  Deb and Rocco have had bad luck with their pool and patio decks so they all are gone.  The pool liner has pulled loose and water escaped (several times, for several years) and the deck boards blistered, split and looked terrible.  It was weather treated too. 
When we arrived a small cub backhoe was running and the operator was pulling out cement fence posts and dropping them into pool area for filling.  Mud everywhere.  What a loss. 


DIGGING UP THE FOOTERS FROM GAZEBO AND DECKS
Bob disconnected all the electric lines so the  backhoe didn't hit them.  When Rocky came home from work, he helped too.   Rocky was in Denver working this weekend. 

Christianna stopped over with baby Lorenzo.  He is rolling over both ways now.   We went over to her house to take pictures of him in the leaves before Joe ground them all up..



LORENZO
HE HAD LEAVES IN HIS HAND, READY TO EAT THEM. 
Debbie and Rocky typed our supper order on the computer from Panera.  There was a couple mistookies when we passed it out at the table.  Debbie's salad was missing the fruit, mine was missing the chicken and there wasn't a loaf of Sour Dough bread for us to take home.  Deb told us to drive up and get the bread so we did.  They put the bread in the bag,  another salad with chicken and two pasteries.  That's customer satisfaction. 

WEDNESDAY: 

Hay, I'm up at 6:30.  It's raining!  I turned the TV on and they are telling about sever cold weather in Colorado and Minnesota, with a foot of snow.  It's coming our way!  No, stay out there!  The two loaves of freezer bread was ready to bake so that warmed up the kitchen. 
YUM,  THIS DIDN'T LAST LONG!
Today was all about doing the little stuff, or finish this or that.  I had a special washing load of all sweaters to do.  I had folding of clothes that I hang to dry.  But I still made time to go in the craft room and  work on the quilt.  I can see the end in sight and I want it done!  I extended the time to go make supper to do one more thing on it.  Given an inch and take a mile!

Bob started to take the grout out of the upstairs shower.  Maintenance is always a mess-he has the glass shower doors propped up in the hall, tools all over the floor.  A person could kill themselves walking in the dark.  Well, walking in the dark is not a good idea at any time. 


THURSDAY:

At 5:00 A M, it's 33 degrees out.  No snow yet.  The whole house is cold. 
They say the snow will start about 7:00 A M.  Maybe it will go South of us.

Bob received a call from Caledonia RV that the motor home repair was finished; we could pick it up.  First Bob told them he couldn't come today, I felt he should go get it because of the expected weather.   After discussing it, we decided to go get it.  Once there, I went on to the quilt shop.  Bob looked things over and paid the bill. 



THREE NEW ROOF VENT COVERS PUT ON
ROOF SEAMS RESURFACED
I had a good time looking around the inventory at the quilt shop but everything looked above my current abilities so I didn't buy anything.  I did sign up for a class to make a few simple Christmas things. 

I decided to follow directions in a magazine for putting the backing on the quilt.  The first quilt I put the border and binding on before the filling.  It turned out nice. 

So I matched up the backing and batting for the quilt.  I basted.  Then I sewed the binding on thru all layers.  I had to adjust the tension of sewing machine.  Still the material stretched on top and gathered at the bottom.  What a mess.  I hunted for some chocolate!   I kept pulling and went on ahead.  Now I have it finished and the hand sewing is done too.  I'm not happy with the way it lays. Guess I should have signed up for the binding class instead of the Christmas ideas.  The tutorials show a Walking Foot for quilting; maybe I need that...oh dear, I see it, I need it! 

FINISHED

I did the hand stitching of binding while we watched the Bill's football game in the evening.  Boy, they just couldn't get it together and lost.


FRIDAY:
Yesterday on the news was all about the cold and snow coming.  Lots of hoopla!  First thing this morning, I opened the blinds and looked out to green grass!  What do you know, it by passed us.  There is a faint covering on the shed but it has all melted off the lawn.  So maybe this weekend we will get some coverage..who knows.  Buffalo's record is 2.5" less than other years already.  Wonder if that will hold? 
GREEN GRASS
Bob finished up the bathroom while I dusted and vacuumed the downstairs, lots of threads on the rec room carpet.  Then I made some oatmeal raisins cookies, need some sweet stuff around here.  

SATURDAY:

We needed milk and bread again.  So we went for groceries.  Turkeys will be forty eight cents a pound this next week so I didn't buy much so I'll have the required expenditure to get a turkey later.

Once back home, Bob went out to rake leaves again.  He had a scare while working up around the shrubs close to the house.  As he pulled the leaves away, there was a raccoon laying there.   It was dead!  He loaded it up and brought it to the back field to bury it. 



WONDER WHAT CAUSED IT'S DEATH?

While making dinner, I wanted to try a new recipe that a friend from Columbus, Ohio, sent to me.  CHILI PRETZELS.  It just sounded so different.  I had the oven going anyway so I mixed it up and baked it.  It was quite sweet and I couldn't taste enough chili seasoning.  Next time I will increase that seasoning. 

In the evening, I had a good book to finish and Bob watched TV.   He is a quick channel flipper so there's no use getting interested in anything. 

SUNDAY:

Today we were invited to Mark and Annalynn's to visit and see their first house.   We had good driving weather.  Their house is East of  Rochester within a lovely neighborhood.  It's two stories, hard wood floors thru out. 
They have painted several rooms.  Lots of work done already. 





ANNALYNN & MARK
CONGRATULATIONS
THEIR DOG OTTO.

A HOUSE WARMING GIFT! 

We had a nice tour and visit.  We are thrilled for them to be home owners.  We wish them many happy years there.


Time to post.  We have had a good week.  Thanks to all who have clicked in.  ENJOY YOUR WEEK!

GOLDEN GRAM 






No comments:

Post a Comment