Sunday, November 2, 2014

CANDY CORN TO SNOW FLAKES

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
MONDAY:
I woke up to early, no way could I go back to sleep.  It's the future weather change, changing the normal patterns, I'll bet.   The weather man is saying snow for Saturday.  That pretty white stuff!  Last week one day, Bob took the air conditioners out of the bedroom windows.  Today, he pulled out the snow blower and put it in the garage.  The dread of the next winter months!

Our Holiday Rambler magazine came today.  They reported on many events that was held at the International Rally in W. Virginia.    The official count of quilts that were donated or completed at the rally was 273.  Since the quilt program was started in the year 2000, members have donated 13, 273 quilts to needy and homeless children within the local agencies where the rally is held.  
A Ramblers Quilter's group from Arizona donated a quilt of all the states which was raffled off for the Make A Wish charity and it made $320.00.    In all MAW donations totaled $1,364.00.  A great effort by all giving back!

TUESDAY:
We are enjoying one more beautiful day.  It 's so nice.

Our goal today was going to the Office for the Aging to talk to the insurance provider reps.  My plan has been discontinued and Bob's is going up $50.00.   We went down about two o'clock  and the room was packed with people.  There was at least six different insurance companies with reps there.  We located MVP and took a seat, a lady next to us said go get a number so Bob did..number 13.  We talked about going home and do it on the phone instead of waiting.  But we sat there and visited around us.


MVP AREA
 Our rep made a recommendation for both of us with what we know now, and we took it.  How do you know what health problems will pop up?   We were on our way home by four o'clock and time for our coffee!

Since it was so nice out this morning, I took steaks out of the freezer for grilling outdoors.  While sitting on the porch for our four o'clock coffee the sky became dark and a down pour started.  Shoot!  I don't like to cook steak in the house, we have to hope it quits.

Just a few more days until election day, I can't wait for the negative advertising to be over.  It gets to be a bit much.

WEDNESDAY:
Messed up sleep pattern again.  I'm pulling that early riser and back to bed syndrome.  The day was half gone and it flew by with a little sewing and a little computer work.  I had big plans of cleaning but that didn't materialize. 


A COUPLE MORE PILLOWCASES
We watched TV in the evening for awhile.  Too bad Kansas City didn't win. 

THURSDAY:
A late start again, being very consistent! 
It turned out to be a house cleaning day, so we are all set for the weekend.  We have to remember to turn the clocks back on Saturday night.  Also check the smoke alarms.

Bob picked up his antibiotic that the doctor finally called in for him.  He has been miserable.

I rested in the evening while putting addresses in my phone contacts.  I've been carrying a small address book in my purse-dah-put them all in the phone and get rid of the book. 

FRIDAY:
It looks misty out this morning.  Four more days until elections are over and that nasty advertising.
We took a drive over to Caledonia (16 miles east) this morning to visit a quilt shop that I saw on the Internet.  I just wanted to look around and see what they had available.  It was a pretty good size store with lots of beautiful fabric, supplies; and they offer classes.  The only problem is the teacher still has a day job and most of classes are at night.  I purchased some needles as mine are all rusty from age.  I guess.  I signed up for their newsletter.  It was raining on our way home.

We had lunch at home and then Bob took a nap.  He didn't feel good again.  I went in the craft room and cut more material until my back ached then I sat down to rest also.  I put more addresses in my phone.  I'm at the letter R now.
Bob was up by then and he was busy putting storm windows in the doors.  I thought he didn't feel good.  He thinks we may need them soon...really?

So tonight is Halloween.  We have our lights all on and we have had six spooks so far.  It's raining but no snow so far.


GREAT GRANDSON LORENZO
LOOKS LIKE HE MADE OUT
PRETTY GOOD TRICK OR TREATING!
SATURDAY:
More misty weather!  The dampness goes right thru you.  Well, it did until Bob turned up the heat.  Now we are sweating!  We are both very lazy and lounging around today.  Some sewing done.  Not to much ambition which squelches things to write about.  Taking cat naps and watching TV.

SUNDAY:

Six was our total trick or treaters for the evening last night.  That's not enough to stay home to see.  It started snowing last night about eight o'clock and covered the grass; but disappeared by morning.   

We went to lunch today and then to Jo Ann's.  I needed more white fabric for two strips to finish what I'm working on.  I started another String Quilt but this time I am matching fabric and it makes a big difference.  Bob went to Value for batteries for the smoke alarms and it ended up cheaper to buy new smoke alarms with batteries included.  Can't beat that!  Our's was probably the originals since they were invented, ha.  

Finally, the drain pipe on the back of house is fixed.  It had worked loose during the winter and we looked at it all summer but nothing was done to correct it.  Bob is not suppose to go up the ladder but some times he sneaks.  Betsy had a friend come by today and offered to help us with it.  It's done, now the ice and snow won't build up behind it.  

Well Pittsburgh plays tonight so I better feed the Boss Man and post this so I can watch the game.  

Two more days of election advertisements ...get out to vote.  

Hope you have a good week.   Thanks for coming by.


GOLDEN GRAM 







No comments:

Post a Comment