Sunday, November 9, 2014

QUILTING, ELECTION, LITTLE MORE SNOW

MONDAY:
Here we go, off on another week!  We have a bit more on the calendar to do.  

I no more than got the washing sorted and started and Bob came in to say he was ready to go.  Okay Bob.  I thought we were going when it warmed up outside.   He had an appointment over to Caledonia RV to get the motor home roof seams checked.  He also wants to replace the skylight vents that are cracked.  Maintenance-Maintenance-ride em and fix em!  So I dropped everything and got my coat and proceeded to help him back out of driveway.  Then I followed him there.  They will work on it on their own schedule since we are finished camping.  They will call when ready for pick up.  Hope it's on a day when that quilt shop over there is open!   


I worked most of my spare time on the string quilt.  I think I made a boo boo by starting off building the center blocks to the color I liked...looks like I'll have to improvise to get the edge blocks done. Maybe not.  

LOOKS KINDA SCRAPPY FOR NOW!

Bob worked on computer.  He has a flyer ready to go out for our camping Christmas Party.  Joni (President) sent the information by e-mail.  Instead of a chairman planning the meat,  she has found a restaurant to serve us, we bring snacks and desserts.  We need twenty people so hope that works out.  


TUESDAY: 

ELECTION DAY!  
We googled for the voting ballet to read before going to vote.  Would you believe the Board of Elections did not have it on their site.  Bob called them to verify.  They suggested the Daily newspaper.  Bob found it and it was so little a person couldn't read it.  No time to fiddle with it either.

Wonder what an election day supper is?  You know like-St. Pat's is corned beef and cabbage.   We'll, have to goggle that one, here it's beef stroganoff in the crock pot.  Bob is off to Ray Laks Honda for the first service check up on our car.  When he gets back we will go vote and stop at a grocery store for the sour cream.   I made brownies too.  

Nice warm day today, several neighbors out raking leaves.  Our red maple is always the last to drop it's leaves so may as well wait a little longer to rake.


After supper, Betsy helped me take down the Dept. 56 Halloween display in the rec room and  she helped to pack it all.  That was a big help.  Now I can finish packing the rest of the stuff in the morning. 

Now to watch some of the election results.

WEDNESDAY:
It's a bit windy today.  I'm glad there isn't snow with the wind.
I dusted and ran the vacuum in the rec room.  Then I finished packing the Halloween stuff from all over the house.  I'm seriously thinking that I don't need to do this anymore with all the grand kids grown and gone!  And I'll soon be dragging out Christmas stuff, hoa-hoa!

I worked on the string quilt some more.  It's getting bigger.  I have the edges all figured out now.  Tomorrow I trim the blocks...hope they come out to 10".  I tried real hard to make quarter inch seams.  We shall see.
I made stuffed peppers for supper and they were so good.  Last night I forgot to put the seasoning envelope in the Beef Stroganoff, but it still was good.  Old age! Nobody complained.

Bob went for a hair cut today and then he finished up his e mails.  He watched an old, old Santa Claus movie after supper.  I could probably say the words since we have watched it so many times.
Time for some brownie and ice cream.

THURSDAY: 
It's raining, good day to sit around in pj's and read magazines.  Only that's not me...gotta be busy.  After breakfast and a shower, empty the dishwasher etc., made the bed.  I was ready to go.   I asked Bob if he didn't have a full schedule, would he help me to cut my quilt blocks to 10" square.  I had trouble cutting the previous blocks, as they move.   He was willing, and took right over and cut all the blocks.  That's love!  I was so happy as I'd still be stewing while on the first row.   All the tails of strips must be trimmed back to the 10" paper.

HE SAYS, 'IT'S JUST LIKE CUTTING WOOD!

ALL TRIMMED

FRIDAY:
It's snowing, big chunks, covering the ground!
I started sewing early as Bob wasn't up yet.  When I put a block together wrong-I quit.
Bob just had the car washed during the service appointment so he didn't want to drive it in the snow.  We waited until it quit coming down in the afternoon, then we went over town to do a few things with the intention of stopping at a charity event before coming home.  The daughter (Kim) of my deceased friend, Mickey, has an Art Studio in the Harvester Center Building.  She is hosting a "Brush Out Cancer" event with painting classes and charity baskets.  I wanted to donate in memory of Mickey.  Kim was happy to see us.
That evening, we watched the concert honoring the military on PBS.   
SATURDAY:
And the leaves continue to fall.  One thing I wanted to be sure and do today was to go down to the library used book sale.  I didn't like the price hike the last time I was in BJ's looking at books. 
Bob went along, looking for Civil War books.  We picked out 20 books between us and they came to $10.40.  Some are hard backs too.  At home, I checked my file and I had read three of them so I'll  just pass them on to another housebound friend.  The prices were .25 - $2.00.  What a haul, I'm set for the cold weather.

SUNDAY:

After breakfast of poached eggs, Bob wanted to replace the grout in bathroom.  So I headed for the craft room and did some more sewing.  The grout that Bob bought was the wrong color so that has to be exchanged.  
I have the quilt pieces and border sewed on now.  That's enough for today.  We watched some of the Bill's game.  No Pittsburgh on our TV today.  

About it for this week.  We hope you have a good week and thanks for clicking in.

GOLDEN GRAM  










No comments:

Post a Comment