Sunday, September 4, 2011

August 29th, 2011

MONDAY:
I have a doctor's appointment today.  Why on earth did I schedule it on a Monday?  Oh yeah, doc says see ya in about a month to go over all the physical reports. I sorted my washing and started a load.  Then I dressed and went for the appointment; expecting her to throw the book at me!   Yep! She did. My blood work shows B12 is low so there's pills for that.  I had the flu shot.  I have to pick up Red Yeast Rice (in sub for fish oil) pills for cholesterol.  I have to call my insurance about coverage of the shingles shot. I have a few other things to follow up again.  Isn't there always?
At home I started getting lunch out.  Bob & Sarah came in from shopping with a huge Subway sandwich.  Figures!  Since a daily pill is new to me, I bought a pill box to train myself.  After the sandwich I started to fill the box.  Sarah brought her's out to the table.  We had our own little pill party as each shared the pill purpose & count.  It should make Bob very happy as he is always calling me to come and take "his" pills, even if I'm in bed. Now he will have company; that man needs lots of attention!
 Then a call from the doctor's; we have a script for you, it's available at the window, please pick it up.  What?  Drive way over town again!   I changed washing loads.  Then I went for it and asked what it was for; it's for blood work before I go in December.  Hoooa, Hoooa!  I was tired by then so I took a nap, I earned it! 
Plans for supper fell through.  Betsy & Sarah was going  shopping, so why should I cook?  Bob and I went to LB Grand in Le Roy for spaghetti.  The best around.  I'm sure I lost 2 pounds! 
I finished the evening on the computer looking for the dress that Christianna and I saw earlier this summer.  I couldn't find it.  Debbie and Annalynn are coming tomorrow to go dress shopping and I wanted the picture to bring.  
TUESDAY:
Bob headed for the pool supply store as parts that were missing are in for the colored light.  He will also pick up a closing kit.  Unfortunately,that's just around the corner. 
I folded clothes as I waited for the girls to come.  We were going to a wedding shop in Geneseo.  Bob had printed a map quest for us.  On our way, the road was busy with lots of trucks.  Christianna came too!  Annalynn spotted the place. I must have tried on 15 dresses; including the ones that I put on twice so I could remember them.  Let me tell you when you haven't worn a dress in 8 years; it's a shock to see the dilapidated figure!  The attendants were busy with brides so Debbie assisted me.  Most of the gowns were in very small sizes and Debbie tugged and pulled.  A devastating endeavor!    It's hard to tell what a dress will look like without your size so Debbie tried them on to show me.  We had a good time but I couldn't make a decision so we headed back to Batavia.  We had lunch at Wendy's and drove home to visit with Bob.  We made plans to go shopping again to another location. 
WEDNESDAY: 
We went to the grocery store bright and early.  I wanted to make  breaded, stuffed chicken breast for dinner and I needed the ham slices, onion & chive cream cheese and spinach.
I spent a good part of the day working on the HRRVC newsletter.  I finished it up after supper and sent it to the web master for posting on our site.  Then all of a sudden, I remembered that I hadn't changed the footer.  Mercy!  I always get stuck in that procedure so I call Milkman to assist.  That's how I forgot doing it.  So we fixed it and sent it out again.  Our Webbie must think that I'm a dope.  Duh!  Then I printed the snail mail copies and have them ready for the morning mail. Phew, that's a big load off my mind. 
The rolled chicken breasts was a big hit.  Sarah said, "that's my second favorite meal."   What a relief after all that work, I hate to cook!  If I'm ever reincarnated I'll probably come back as a cook for penance.
Friends called to make some suggestions on the HRRVC rally brochure.  So I have that to work on.  But it's time to go to bed.
THURSDAY:

Gees, another day to get up early as we have haircut appointments.  The shop was busy with lots of school kids, some actually still get their hair cut.
We came right home, (no shopping) had left over chicken breasts for lunch.  Sarah had asked me to mend a dress and a shawl, so I worked on that.  The girls were on my computer anyway. 
Sarah didn't have a very good week; her phone quit and she had several conversations with Verizon and finally got a replacement.  Her Apple computer crashed which made a trip to the Apple store and a new hard drive was installed.  And, her car was rear ended downtown!  She wasn't hurt and the car only has scratches.Three strikes and your out!  Right.
I made another big dinner.  Ya, 2 big ones this week. Oh, and while I'm preparing supper the Milkman wants me in the pool to help put the part in the colored light.  Sorry, you have to wait until I get this in the oven.   Get Betsy.  Now I'm in the pool and adjusting to the temp and there's Bob and Betsy fixing the light.  What?  He just wanted me to enjoy the pool since closing time is getting closer.  (Sweet, but I could kill him)
Anyway after supper, the atmosphere became very solemn, it was packing time for Sarah.  I grabbed a book to stay out of the way.  Little tension here.


SARAH ORGANIZING BEFORE PACKING. 
 On the brighter side of things, an e-mail about Alex.
OUR FLY BOY.

Alex visited Wright-Patterson Air Force base this week for required pilot select medical testing.  Height and weight, audio, optical (5 hour tests), reflexes...etc, very intense!   All systems go!  One more hurdle cleared!
YES, THUMBS UP ALEX!





BETSY'S NEW PROJECT.  IT'S AN ARBOR.


IT'S GOING TO BE A BED HEADBOARD-MODERN AHE!
 FRIDAY:
Hugs & kisses at 7:00am., and safe travels to Sarah.  She is off to RI for the last year of college.  Rocky, Alex and Eric  have gone back too!  Next year we will have three graduations, plus a wedding.  And, the HRRVC International Rally is in Gillette, WY.  I'd love to go and keep on going-NORTH!  Alaska has been on the "Bucket List" for some time.  I hold back because of the mountains, I"m afraid of them.
After working on the computer (details) I realize how  hot and humid it is; guess I'll shut down and go swim.  
SATURDAY: 6:00am.  I'm up early as Cocoa is coming for a visit.  (the big dog)  Our son and wife are going to the first Utica football game so we are baby sitting Cocoa.  The game is at St. Lawrence Univ., in Canton, NY: which is 5 hours away. 
Betsy helped me put some changes into the brochure for the Rally, then made a pdf file and we sent it to the people who will edit it.
The dogs were inside most of the day as it was so hot & humid.  We enjoyed the pool all afternoon.  We had hot fudge sundaes, read books, and just lazed around.  How sweet it is!  Donna sent a text that Eric had played the whole game, he made 4 great tackles, and Utica won.  They returned about 10:30pm., to pick up Cocoa.
SUNDAY:
7:30am.  My feet feel wet!  Oh my gosh, we are having a storm; wind & rain.  The floor is wet, the bed is wet!  Shut the window dummy.  I look out and the pine trees are still standing, the gazebo canvass is okay, chairs are blown over on the deck.  Could the storm that hit Notre Dame football game yesterday be here already?  I let the dog out and made coffee.  I turn on the computer-no internet!  I thought that since yesterday was a created "holiday," I should get back to basics.   Betsy rebooted the little internet box. 

Aren't the weeks flying by?  I suppose someone can tell us how many weeks until Christmas.   The stores will have Halloween decos right beside the Christmas decos soon.  Let us enjoy the change of seasons, please?  Labor Day is tomorrow, I have to go start cooking potato salad fixings.  

Have a good week everyone. 

Thanks for clicking in. 

Golden Gram


1 comment:

  1. I would love to go to Alaska also with a few other couples.
    About 111 days until Christmas

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete